Jump to content

Dresden Ceriano

Advisor
  • Content Count

    5,189
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dresden Ceriano

  1. LlewLlwyd wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Benson Gravois wrote: What is wrong with you people? Well, I can only speak for myself when I state that I'm rather intoxicated. Of course, that's no excuse... if anyone else has a good excuse, raise your hand. Oh wait, we can't see raised hands here... in that case, post pics of dead cats instead. ...Dres *loves playing to a crowd of one* MAY I compliment you on the accuracy, coherence and relevance of your typing while in a less-than-optimal state, Dres! ***If only sober contributors took as much care to express themselves this forum would be a joy to read*** Practice, sweety... practice (or is that practise?... who cares?). ...Dres *has never been too drunk or too stupid to forget how to use spellcheck*
  2. Vivienne Schell wrote: DRINKS? W HAT Dr iNK S ? The more I drink, the better you look. ...Dres
  3. LlewLlwyd wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Vivienne Schell wrote: If i were a reporter at the Guardian i´d give a damn on non-disclosure agreements. Unfortunately the Guardian isn´t interested in the fate of Linden Lab customers or Second Life anymore...:matte-motes-nerdy: This could be a great, new, drinking game... take a shot anytime you recognize someone who's actually interested in the fate of LL's customers or SL itself, who isn't entirely insane, heavily sedated or in dire need of N/AA. ...Dres TEETOTALLERS would love that game! ***Presumably the LL Marketing department and senior management don't do alcohol*** Notice I purposely excluded stupid people. ...Dres
  4. Benson Gravois wrote: What is wrong with you people? Well, I can only speak for myself when I state that I'm rather intoxicated. Of course, that's no excuse... if anyone else has a good excuse, raise your hand. Oh wait, we can't see raised hands here... in that case, post pics of dead cats instead. ...Dres *loves playing to a crowd of one*
  5. Vivienne Schell wrote: If i were a reporter at the Guardian i´d give a damn on non-disclosure agreements. Unfortunately the Guardian isn´t interested in the fate of Linden Lab customers or Second Life anymore...:matte-motes-nerdy: This could be a great, new, drinking game... take a shot anytime you recognize someone who's actually interested in the fate of LL's customers or SL itself, who isn't entirely insane, heavily sedated or in dire need of N/AA. ...Dres
  6. Alwin Alcott wrote: the viewer has a nice option callled "search" This was meant as a joke, right? ...Dres
  7. Benson Gravois wrote: That was a really stupid response. Well... ask a stupid question... ...Dres
  8. ChinRey wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: As far as signing up for beta on the new platform... I've no idea. But you can rest assured that I'll be one of the first in line once it's announced. I think it's invitation only. In any case it's clear that they only want content creators working with Maya for this first stage. (That doesn't mean content for the new platform will be completely Maya dependant, just that they've chosen to start there.) Considering the fact that both the OP and I were referencing the beta stage, your reference to the first stage doesn't necessarily apply. That being said, it's quite possible that the beta stage will be invitation only as well. ...Dres (You can never tell how LL may decide to screw things up next.)
  9. Sassy Romano wrote: How about if I give you the gift of one of my L$1,000,000 poseballs, you'll declare that? If you're willing to put those L$1,000,000 poseballs where my fiance put that quarter, I'd most certainly declare. ...Dres
  10. jmlamonico wrote: With most other things you buy here, if you make a mistake, do something stupid, or an accident happens, you can go back to the vendor and get a redelivery. Not with this. If you lose it, you'll have to either do without, or buy another one. This is why as a general rule, I will never buy anything sold on a no-copy basis. Perhaps consider making another general rule for yourself as follows: DO NOT NECROPOST! ...Dres (Just a suggestion, sweety.)
  11. What Vivienne said. Linden Lab is indeed creating a new platform. As far as any of us knows, the only things which will be transferable are our names, friends and linden. While it's true that many people are referring to it as SL2, this is only because LL is unwilling to give it a proper name. In fact, they've been very careful not to associate their new glorious platform with the SL moniker... I can only imagine that this is extremely deliberate. As far as signing up for beta on the new platform... I've no idea. But you can rest assured that I'll be one of the first in line once it's announced. ...Dres
  12. Gavin Hird wrote: There might be. The design point for MacBook Air and MacBook is full day battery operation with "normal" use such as office, mail, web, movie playback and music. They are not really built for running the GPU full tilt for prolonged periods. The MacBook Pro should handle this fine. If you say so, Gavin... I honestly have no idea. But, I do feel badly for Tomarax. Surely his sense of lose is much stronger than mine when my local supermarket stopped carrying my favorite flavor of Alfredo sauce. ...Dres
  13. Muletta wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Audriana LittleBoots wrote: hi So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right, someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me they said they had to go and I've been suspecting something, I searched for him in a group he is in and it said he was online!! I checked other groups they all said offline??? so my question is why did this one group take 25 mins for them to say their offline? is it because that was the tag they was wearing if he had ticked the box and signed out to make out he was going? why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than confronting feeling like this. please help I don't know what to do. You've obviously been in SL long enough to know that even when someone signs off, the system takes a while to relay that information to the whole of the grid... why should groups be any less prone to such issues? And yet, more importantly, why in hell would you want to continue being with someone for whom you apparently hold such distrust? I mean, honestly, if I found out that my partner, within minutes of me signing off, started searching groups of which I'm a member, with no other thought than to implicate me in devious behavior, I'd dump them like the lunatic they clearly are. Do your supposed loved one a favor and tell him that you're far too unstable to continue pretending to love him... therefore, allowing him to go find someone who actually, honestly can. ...Dres Dresden: "If you can't say something nice, at least, try to sound intelligent." Hmmm... I do not think the OP made this thread to be called a lunatic, or to hear others opinion or advice about her relationship or her state of mind. To me it look liked, that she only asked a technical question... I did not call the OP a lunatic. If the OP didn't want people's opinions, then she shouldn't have posted her juvenile rantings on a public forum. Perhaps you're too naive to understand that all I was trying to do was provide an alternate evaluation concerning her stated dilemma. As stated, I honestly believe that the best thing she could possibly do is leave the person with which she obviously holds no trust whatsoever. You can paint me as evil as you wish for stating the obvious... that won't make it any less true. ...Dres
  14. Gavin Hird wrote: Some of the Mac portables will handle the SL client quite good (those with descrete GPUs) while those with Intel integrated graphics will struggle more. There has also been systemic overheating issues with some Mac portable models througout. The first one I used for SL with Intel processor (not PowerPC) back in 2009 melted the GPU 3 times and each time the logic board was replaced under warranty, but at the end of the day I ended up getting an iMac for SL use. There are also some issues with a 2012 Macbook model, so it might be worthwile to check Apple's support pages if the serial number of the machine has an issue and is eligible for replacement. The CPU temperature on Apple portables often ends up between 85-100 deg C, the GPU somewhat lower when using the SL client Oh, I get it... I think. You're saying that there is a systemic problem which is not necessarily due to SL, but to certain Mac portables in conjunction with the use of SL... right? ...Dres *is not fond of being so very ignorant*
  15. Daniel Regenbogen wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: What on earth gives you the idea that your specific overheating problems are systemic? If they were, I assure you, we'd have see numerous people posting here about similar issues... the truth of the matter is that we haven't seen any such thing. I'm not saying that it's not an issue for some people besides yourself, just that it doesn't occur as often as you seem to think. I know next to nothing about using Mac laptops for SL, but I do know that Maddy has used them for years without the issue of which you speak and may be able to help you mitigate your supposed damages. Yet, you chose to dismiss her input and write off her successful use of the platform on a Mac laptop as some sort of anomaly. Your assertion may be entirely correct and yet, I'd wager that my anecdotal evidence far outweighs your personal experience. ...Dres Dres, feel free to ask around in the Macintosh User Group, the heat problem comes up there regulary, and they are *very* SL specific. Machines that run cool in more or less any other application add 30 or more degrees within minutes of running SL. Especially for densely packed machines like notebooks heat *can* be a killer. Which, in case of Macs, not only fits the mobile ones but to some degree also the iMac or the Mini. Just a little test I did now: Within 5 minutes of starting SL, the GPU temp went from 35°C to 72°C. And that's on a 27inch iMac which has a bit more breathing room than a MacBook. (1 minute after quitting SL, it is down to 50°C already.) Let me reiterate... I have very little knowledge of the Mac user experience. That being said, it doesn't surprise me in the least that SL causes such heating issues. I wouldn't find it abnormal for a computer system to rise 30 to 50 degrees above normal while using SL. Not only is SL GPU intensive, but it also reeks havoc on a system's CPU. It's quite possible that Macs (especially Mac laptop's) aren't as well equipped to deal with such pressure as are Microsoft-based PCs... I have no idea. But that wasn't my point, my point is that, if Maddy has been able to make it work for her, then, perhaps the OP could as well, if he would only listen to what she had to say, instead of arbitrarily writing her off. ...Dres
  16. Audriana LittleBoots wrote: hi So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right, someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me they said they had to go and I've been suspecting something, I searched for him in a group he is in and it said he was online!! I checked other groups they all said offline??? so my question is why did this one group take 25 mins for them to say their offline? is it because that was the tag they was wearing if he had ticked the box and signed out to make out he was going? why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than confronting feeling like this. please help I don't know what to do. You've obviously been in SL long enough to know that even when someone signs off, the system takes a while to relay that information to the whole of the grid... why should groups be any less prone to such issues? And yet, more importantly, why in hell would you want to continue being with someone for whom you apparently hold such distrust? I mean, honestly, if I found out that my partner, within minutes of me signing off, started searching groups of which I'm a member, with no other thought than to implicate me in devious behavior, I'd dump them like the lunatic they clearly are. Do your supposed loved one a favor and tell him that you're far too unstable to continue pretending to love him... therefore, allowing him to go find someone who actually, honestly can. ...Dres
  17. Celestiall Nightfire wrote: Sassy, the IRS expects people to report prizes Celestiall, the IRS probably expects me to report my fiance shoving a quarter up my ass in gratitude for a service well performed. In which case, I'm fully supportive of them reaching in to extract their percentage... I'm just hoping that they're willing to dig rather deeply in order to find it. ...Dres
  18. Tomarax Davidov wrote: The problem is systemic with this particular software and really needs to be addressed What on earth gives you the idea that your specific overheating problems are systemic? If they were, I assure you, we'd have see numerous people posting here about similar issues... the truth of the matter is that we haven't seen any such thing. I'm not saying that it's not an issue for some people besides yourself, just that it doesn't occur as often as you seem to think. I know next to nothing about using Mac laptops for SL, but I do know that Maddy has used them for years without the issue of which you speak and may be able to help you mitigate your supposed damages. Yet, you chose to dismiss her input and write off her successful use of the platform on a Mac laptop as some sort of anomaly. Your assertion may be entirely correct and yet, I'd wager that my anecdotal evidence far outweighs your personal experience. ...Dres
  19. Marianne Little wrote: A new mesh head, a new closeup. Raw shot, only cropped and resized. I will not copy and paste a lot of text here, if you are interested just follow the link.... this thread is mainly for images as I see it. http://lelutka.com/blog/lelutka-mesh-head-release-april-1st-2015/ But I can say that I ike it. It is a bit chin heavy, and that can't be edited BUT it is rigged to head stretch and head length, so I made the whole face shorter and rounder. Overall I still prefer The Mesh Project head, but I hope this will take over as other creators start to make makeup and skins. Maybe the future will see more mesh heads from LeLutka, and perhaps it is possible to rig them more. Mouth size nd eyes size would be an improvement. Variety is what I miss most. Perhaps I'm being a bit too critical, but what's wrong with her forehead? It looks as if she's suffering from some sort of minimal, yet rather shiny rash. Then, there's the strange coloring on the insides of her nostrils... what's up with that? Hell, Marianne, your base avatar face (as shone here on your badge) is much more attractive than this mesh monstrosity. It's no wonder you prefer another mesh head over this. It's possible that other (better) skin creators can do something with it, but if this is any indication of what the actual creators think can be accomplished with it, they may not even want to try. ...Dres
  20. Josephine Carissa wrote: pps. to answer the obvious question yes i've tryed to upload and post a picture but for some reason unable to : ( oh well i am able to enjoy all of your efforts. What happens when you try? We might be able to offer you some suggestions if we knew exactly what was going wrong. For starters, what browser are you using and have you tried using any others? ...Dres
  21. Devlin Davis wrote: Huzzah for Vanty Threads! Heres an attempt of a selfie pic lol. What is this? New blood? Is this what new blood looks like? ...Dres (Who the hell knew new blood looked so damn good?)
  22. Deltango Vale wrote: Moreover, they'd have the brains to comprehend the core nature of Second Life. If only such a thing were to become reality. ...Dres *tries his best to reject our current reality in order to replace it with his pipe dreams*
  23. Innula Zenovka wrote: Derek Torvalar wrote: Innula Zenovka wrote: I had no idea that Drax holds contentious political views until now (and, indeed, I'm still not sure what's said to be so contentious about them, but that's neither here nor there), and I think we can be pretty certain that none of the target audience for these promotional videos will have heard of either Drax or his political views, either. Maybe it's different in the USA, but as a Brit I'm really not aware, that, for example, an advert for a particular product is made by M&C Saachi, a British advertising agency founded and part owned by Maurice Saachi, the present Chairman of the Conservative Party, and even if I were, I wouldn't take a particular company's decision to have M&C Saachi handle its advertising as any sort of endorsement of Maurice Saachi's political views. I just don't see the force of objections to Drax's videos, unless it's simply, "LL can do nothing right." But if you were the president of said company that advertised with R&M and Saachi went on the telly and said that everone who voted Labour were crazies, and had no empathy, insulting half your customers and alienting other potential customers, how the hell would you feel about that? Would you continue to use R&M as your representative for your products??? I see. So you're not saying Drax was a bad choice because potential customers might, on seeing the promotional videos, say, "But they're made by the notorious Draxtor Despres, a household name and byeword for immoderate political views! No right-minded man or woman would do business with Linden Lab when they use someone like that to make their videos!" (or words to that effect). Rather, you're saying that LL -- who some people might think have better things to do with their employees' time than have them follow forum drama -- should have refused to use his services because he's apparently been in some forum spats? Except, it wasn't just some forum spat. Drax made the decision to use his newly acquired status in order to espouse his political views for the purpose of singling out those who hold differing beliefs as crazy. As I've previously stated, I don't believe that this should disqualify him from having LL sponsor his videos. I simply believe that Drax should consider his status in the community and refrain from such divisive rhetoric or step down from such a position. Then he can say whatever the hell he wants... sans the audience he's been able to command because of his sponsored position. ...Dres
  24. Innula Zenovka wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Innula Zenovka wrote: I had no idea that Drax holds contentious political views until now (and, indeed, I'm still not sure what's said to be so contentious about them, but that's neither here nor there), I'm surprised you've lived so long ignorant of the fact that political views are usually always contentious to those who hold opposing political views. ...Dres (BTW, I've boycotted and supported the boycott of many businesses that are run by or support anti-gay groups and politicians. Just because you don't care if you give your money to people who use it to undermine your best political interests, doesn't mean everyone else is so lackadaisical.) I think what you mean is that you have boycotted and supported the boycott of many businesses that you know to be run by or support anti-gay groups and politicians. Do you really inquire about the views of -- for example -- the proprietor of a gas station before filling up your car there? Sure if you know he's anti-gay, then boycott him, but do you don't know his views, do you really check first? I'm not so obsessive that I would ask every single business owner with which I do business their political affiliations, but if I found out that the local, owner-operated gas station where I buy my gas regularly contributes to anti-gay causes, you bet your ass I'll discontinue giving them my money, as well as advocate that anyone I know do so as well. ...Dres
  25. Have you noticed how many venture capitalists have invested in LL? They don't care about customer satisfaction... their only purpose is to squeeze as much milk as possible out of a dying cow, before it kicks the bucket. I see no reason to consider LL's fabulous new platform anything but veal. I want to believe that the new platform will be incredibly wonderful and maybe it will, but unless LL, all of a sudden, becomes once again enamored with their users, failure is most certain. But, failure means nothing to venture capitalists, because they know how to rig things in order that they'll profit regardless of whether a company in which they've invested thrives or goes bankrupt. They're happy to just suck a business dry, than move on to the next venture. I sincerely hope that the opinion which I've asserted here is unsubstantiated... as it very well may be. But I honestly don't ever see LL going back to a climate wherein they interacted with their user base in a way which you've suggested. Perhaps the both of us are just overly presumptive for suggesting that we know what's best for LL and Veal World... in which case, I'll believe it when I see it. ...Dres
×
×
  • Create New...