All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok, well totally different shape then the one with the dress. The dress showed that you had hips. This one shows no such thing. So, putting together the face, shape and your height....I'd be worried if I was in an adult venue.
  3. I love the creativity of it all.. The little adjustments or trying something new.. I was at the point that it was taking me around 3 attempts to get what i was looking for with a new dish or one I was trying to change to a more healthy version.. I have longer weekends now with my new job, so I try and have one day in the kitchen where I make a few things for the week plus have things prepped for somethings when I make dinner after getting home.. But it's not the same as before, where i had time to really work on them.. Plus I just love how the smell fills the house.. You can also see they love that too.. It's that kind of , knowing you are home feeling.
  4. No...not bad influences but protecting that class of avatars who feel squeamish at the sight of a child avatar.
  5. I'm only going by summaries so I have to confirm this, but from what I've seen that isn't what the Lindens said. They always answered that by saying basically, 'Teen avatars have to follow the child avatar policy." For end users, that only says that the avatar can never be nude. They don't require them to wear things with baked-in layers - those are for content sellers. I'm starting to think that the idea they're trying to conform to Approid requirements makes a lot of sense. Excuse me... Theresa Tennyson's teen-age avatar is about to head out. The sides of her panties are pulled up over the top of her shorts and her bra straps are hanging out under her tank top - okay, she's always dressed like that but that's besides the point. "Are you going out dressed like that?" "Mawmmm! I hafta so everyone knows I'm following the rules!"
  6. Biggest compliment! When people get up to get seconds of something or say "hey can you make that again?" I melt! I ride that high for a week.
  7. Well, there's a pretty big third reason though: drama containment. I'd add to it myself, probably. If I got a little report from Governance each time they bestirred themselves to finally act on one of my adfarm ARs, I'd have a hard time not posting that on a blog along with all the other adfarmer scalps and shrunken heads. That wouldn't be good for virtual world comity, but I'd have a hard time stopping myself. I expect anti-child-avatar crusaders would do the same. God knows we already hear a lot from their innocent (?) victims. If all that Governance activity were reported back, there'd be no end of rancor. On the other hand, reporting some metrics for once wouldn't kill anybody.
  8. The one thing I loved to do when I was home for a year from a work injury was, To be in my kitchen again and spending the whole day working on new recipes. But that was mainly because I had all the time in the world and would have went crazy if I didn't have something to do .. hehehe But I really loved finding things that my husband and the boys loved.. Then trying to find a way to make those things healthy but something that they would still love.. I brought my Avocado egg salad, to a Christmas party this past holiday seasons.. A big ole bowl of it too.. People were getting baggies and taking some home with them and asking me for the recipe.. I was so happy I use Avocado to replace Mayonnaise because just one table spoon of Mayonnaise adds like 700 calories to egg salad, which is like the only thing that really makes it bad for a lot of people.. So I thought, what's a much healthier fat.. plus used spices that I crushed and mixed myself.. Now, my husband and the boys can't have egg salad any other way.. That made me really happy too. I really love getting creative in my kitchen.. It's just finding the time to do it now which is hard.
  9. OK, so this is the nub of the matter right here (for me anyway). First and foremost, the workflow in place to "investigate" reports is effectively a black-box. There will be no auditability or transparency, Linden Lab will do what they do - end of story. Why the lack of transparency? 2 main reasons: Due to lack of investment and adequately trained and empowered staff, as well as the perceived risk to Linden Lab of mis-calling a report, the onus of proof will be on the "accused" rather than the "accuser". No presumption of innocence here folks. It'll be much safer, easier, and less expense to decide "in favour" of the accuser. Much better to have some internal complaints from customers which LL can effectively ignore, than risk a potential PR disaster and press coverage (including images) of an incident which was reported but miscalled in favour of the accused. There is no upside for Linden Lab to spend too much time "disproving" an allegation. The "internal tools" aren't being disclosed, nor will they be publicly cited in support of any decision, for the very simple reason that it would then confirm to SL users just how much data and analytics Linden Lab have access to concerning even the smallest interaction you have within Second Life. Anyone who's actually been alive in this century has a fair idea, but to have it confirmed and exposed would I think be quite another thing for most people not in the industry. If you want to see what this new process really looks like, you just have to look at what happens in terms of AR process within these very forums. All the Best Jackson
  10. Definitely feel you there! I can do longer cook times if I have a podcast going, though - especially if a lot of the cooking time is hands-off. I feel like my litmus test lately is: how much cleanup do I have to do? I love sharing recipes with SL friends and family though.
  11. Very true. Never underestimate the effect clothing and hair can have on one's appearance.
  12. Well, I finally made it through the video. First, I'll join the chorus of thanks to brodiac90 for being the calm voice of reason through what was obviously a zoo environment. Also thanks for starting the thread with a good summary transcript of where the Lindens added actual information. To expand a bit around the "removable skin" part: In fact, skins cannot be removed per se, they can only be replaced.⁽¹⁾ That's just a wording thing, but it calls attention to the fact that "cannot be removed" means (necessarily) "must only be replaced by a similarly modesty-layered skin". So in a sense, that's very good news. It's clear that the "modesty layer" is only a property of these new skin files, not some freakish rearchitecting of the mesh itself.⁽²⁾ That said, I gather some child body meshes will need to be retired because they have sex-specific geometry, and that is… really, it always was unfortunate. It's a little gross that folks who used those bodies innocently for years with those polys hidden the whole time under frilly skirts and BoM alpha masks are suddenly forced to consider those old bodies "sexual". (There's that "very weird and a little icky" thing again.) But it also makes evident what has always been the case: a violation, intentional or accidental, is and will always remain one click away in the Outfits folder. And equally evident: it's up to the person using a child avatar not to make that click, intentionally or accidentally, however much magic is ascribed to "cannot be removed". I probably shouldn't have been surprised that Governance was given the lead on pulling this policy together. It's fine, but maybe that's why it doesn't seem to bother them that "cannot" and "must not" get so conflated here. And I suppose it's hard to put much priority on the innocent majority of child avatar users when the focus is on tracking down reports of devious ways to gross out the rest of the grid. And that focus sharpened by a disinformation-fueled PR nightmare dumped in Governance's lap. _____________________________ ¹ Unless we're talking about a different kind of "skin" on bodies yet to be invented, with non-BoM "skins" that can be removed, under which something else—full transparency maybe—would cover the mesh. Pretty clear, though, none of that is on the table, thank heavens. ² I swear one poster here has a fetish about sewing shut little kids genitals in Blender.
  13. I always loved to cook. I like simple but delicious recipes. If it contains lots of special or otherwise rarely used ingredients I'll pass. I don't run a restaurant and I live alone. I ain't gonna buy ingredients that will land in the bin for the biggest part, because it is seldom used. It has to be ready in 20 minutes, half an hour max. Peeling, chopping and other pre preparing included.
  14. You should put that in the opening post or something like , do you share recipes from RL with friends in SL? hehehe The edit options is in the upper right corner of the post.. those three dots.
  15. I'll save it... Do you all like to cook? What do you all like to cook... and how does it relate to your time in SL? 🤭
  16. They do.. But they still find the time to try and keep their aim sharp.. hehehe
  17. I can only hope they have bigger headaches right now. 😂
  18. I used to give out my recipes in here, But you know how the internet can be sometimes.. The few outweigh the many.. hehehe Also, I wouldn't think this thread isn't going to last too long once the higher ups realize it's not SL related.. But lets find out I guess.. hehehe
  19. Did not know this, actually! See a lot of "what are you listening to" threads and lot of just general game/meme threads. Mods can delete if they want, though. Or.. maybe we can share.. SL recipes... I mean, if you get the right ingredients.. you can conceivably make what I posted...
  20. Have a peek at the rules for these official Second Life forums. It is not the forum of the Jamie Oliver website. LL only allows talks about Second Life. Damn, the lion beats me to it.
  21. If your post is not about Second Life in some way, it won't be allowed. Some off-topic posts are "grandfathered". Just letting you know!
  22. But it could mean Scylla can't make that art now in Second Life.
  23. Just kidding. Does anybody else like to cook? Have noticed a big lack of cooking threads in here. Any new recipes yall have tried that you're keeping in rotation? This has gotta be my new favorite: https://cafedelites.com/easy-cajun-butter-chicken-breasts/ And of course.. how does this effect your SL experience? 🤫 Do you share recipes in SL? Talk food in SL?
  24. It's interesting to me how the way they dress really makes a difference for me for some avatars. Many that are dressed like an adult would get a different rating from me if they were dressed like a child or teen.
  1. Load more activity