Loads of failed deliveries

Luana Juliesse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YES YES YES!

The more Magic Boxes I have converted the more 'delivery partially failed' reports I am  seeing. The customer is getting the products but we are not getting the payment - I guess thats what the partially failed bit is!

Did someone say they had Beta Tested this system?

^L^

I guess the improvement is that when you don't get paid, the customer also doesn't get the merchandise.

Maybe I can make some money by selling listing enhancements on my own website where stuff also neither gets paid or delivered, but more consistently. 

Legally speaking, how would it be different if they delivered nothing at all while collecting listing enhancements?

Actually, isn't that what they're doing for an hour at a time while conducting "maintenance" anyway?

Since last friday when I cut over all but 6 MP products to DD from MB, I have 100% delivery success - both on the summary and the order details.  But that was the case before DD deployment.  Of all my sale only 8 of my sales were DD - the rest of my sales are on my MB top 6 sellers.

But... before and after DD.... 100%.

I wished I could say that about my community Forums email notifications which have been screwing up since DD's deploy date.  I have immediate email notification set and since last week my forum account has switched to daily summary and i get slammed with about 175 emails every morning then after an hour it goes back to daily summary.  Seems its only happening to my account.

The crazy thing is that, day on day, the more boxes I have converted the more partial delivery failures reports I am seeing. I would have expected it the other way around as Magic Boxes were the  villified devil incarnate. I now only have 1 box containing about 100 products left to convert and I'm reluctant do it  now in case I trip the wire and end up all my goods goods going to customers 'no fail' and  no payments being delivered to me *sigh*

^L^

I'm actually not having this problem, and my volume is substantial.

This supports my belief that the boxes, themselves, were never a problem.

The real problem was that their function was being borked on a regional basis.

That's why they always worked just fine when worn as attachments to the avatar. 

Whoever was supposed to keep borking them until the end of the DD migration clearly dropped the ball.

I've only noticed a few borked deliveries coming up...but it's the same thing: Delivery partially falied on the Transaction History, but the details show it's been delivered. Fortunately for me I've only changed my freebies and demos to DD, so I'm not losing L$ yet...but I'm not changing anything else over til I'm assured this has been fixed.

As a merchant who's been lucky enough to have few issues with the magic boxes (and being in Australia has meant that the Marketplace has not been so slow at the times when I'm on), I'm only now starting to get a queasy feeling about changing over.

Good thing I had a few good weeks of sales before this changeover, or I'd be struggling to cover my tier right now. Don't think I'm going to be cashing out for a while...

(Edited for my crummy typing)

I checked and had loads of "partially failed deliveries" and yet looked 30 minutes later and most have changed to "delivered". Not sure what to make of this, or why it changed on it's own as they were transactions from months ago too. Maybe it is faulty software for the marketplace site? I dont understand and there doesnt seem to be anyone to contact for help.

smk

Luana Juliesse wrote:

Anyone noticed ... after the maintenance almost all my sales are showing as delivery partially failed. I asked a few friends and they have the same problem. 

Luana, you need to click on the "View Order" link to see if the items from your store were delivered or failed. There's a good chance the "Delivery Partially Failed" status is bogus.

Sera Lok wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

At this point, they are virtually all coming through as "Delivery Partially Failed". Just my items in the order, items are delivered, payment is received. But the Order Status on the Transaction History reads "DPF".

Does anyone know if there is a JIRA for this one? 

Now there is:

Thank you Sera. (That's what I get for napping ... you beat me to it! LOL)

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Sera, head's up... the JIRA was closed by another resident because they thought it was a duplicate of a new JIRA created today. They are not the same issue/bug at all. Unfortunately, I can't reopen the JIRA since you created it, and it should be re-opened.

Thank you! I saw...  muttering something about reading things fully

Are some of you sure you're not getting paid? As in did you check? Because once I found this post I freaked out and decided to check my MP transaction history, today alone (the 29th) I've had 8 "delivery partially failed" instances so far today... I then kept that window open, opended a new window for my SL transaction history and ALL of those instances Commerce Linden did pay me for those transactions...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.