Payment takes five days

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is ridiculous

5daysdelay.jpg

An item of me was delivered 5 days ago. Today I received the notice and the payment for it.

I object to the whole model where items are delivered before the merchant gets paid. It should be the other way around, the item must in NO case be delivered before the merchant is paid.

I have had no sales that were stuck in "Being Delivered", last week. Actually I had just one failed delivery in past week, and in that case the customer bought the item again a few hours later. So in that case it might be that he had not enough money on his account to buy all stuff he had in his shoppingcard, or such...

Hmm, paid by Paypal, that is well possible, Argus.

But anyway, I don't like it that my items are delivered before I get paid for them. I prefer a system we have inworld, the item only reaches the customer after the payment is received.

Hrm.. If that's because of Paypal, then Linden Lab should be paying to merchant, since it was delivered, and they can be the ones to wait for the actual payment, and Linden Lab is actually the one facilitating the paypal arrangement, not the merchant.

Wonder what this is about... I don't agree with it either. If  customer gets the item, merchant should get the money at same time. Seems like it should be obvious...

Madeliefste,

Yes, this is ridiculous! You're not the only vicim of this "items are delivered before the merchant gets paid" issue.

I have 31 unpaid itmes being deliveded... 

But my case is caused by a unicode bug (merchants here helped me to resolved the problem), please check this JIRA to see if this is your situation :

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4580

Sera Lok wrote:

Hrm.. If that's because of Paypal, then Linden Lab should be paying to merchant, since it was delivered, and they can be the ones to wait for the actual payment, and Linden Lab is actually the one facilitating the paypal arrangement, not the merchant. 

^^ THIS ^^

If the Marketplace is delivering the item, the Merchant must be paid. It's not the Merchant's choice to allow payment via PayPal, that choice is LL's. If the PayPal payment fails, they STILL have to pay the Merchant as the product was delivered.

It's the same situation as a retail store (for example Wal-Mart). Let's say some kids come in and steal a ton of candy. The candy distributor doesn't give a HANG that the product was stolen; that's Wal-Mart's problem. The distributor still gets paid for the candy they delivered to Wal-Mart.

So okay CommerceTeam Linden .. it's time to get the Accounting Practices of Marketplace cleaned up. Even if you claim this is just a hobby and L$ are not real money, you STILL are responsible for making the "game" obey the rules that everyone understands.

You either play by the rules, or just screw paying any Merchant and give away for free all the merchandise listed on the site. Be consistent .. one way or the other.

Was it delivered then? or ordered then? I've noticed that the MP "Orders" record has the time an purchase is first initiated, and the SL transactions history has the time it was completed and payment received.

Perhaps this could be one of those things where someone added to cart a week ago then finally checked out? I've seen that before.

Hello Madeliefste,

I answered this question when you first posted it. I deleted the answer because my posts are rarely read. In any case, I went back to my support history to find the explanation. The transaction came through on my records on Aug 25 2011, however, the order was dated Feb 27 2011.  So that's a 6 month spread.  In the words of Support:

"It isn't a glitch.

When an item is added to a shopping cart the system creates a Purchase Order for the item.

That Purchase Order is then dated for the date the first item was added to the shopping cart.

If the buyer then does a Buy Now option on an item, it creates a new Purchase Order and immediately sends the product.

This means a buyer placed an item into their shopping cart on 27 Feb but never processed that order. 

When they did finally processed the order through their Shopping Cart the date of that order is listed as the date that first item was originally placed into the cart on 27 Feb."

I just had a customer complain she was charged twice for an item from MP. Sure enough I looked up orders and at the exact same minute the customer was charged twice for the exact same item. So I paid her back for one and told myself let LL have the comission rather than deal with it. Then I go look at my transactions and discover there is no payment to me for the item, and went back to look the day before for orders and discover the same thing.

In other words LL is being paid and the Merchant is not. Also this is not a Unicode problem.

You would think they could at least get that one right!

>In other words LL is being paid and the Merchant is not. 

In other words, they have been openly stealing for a week and they show no intention to stop.

Isn't there some kind of law enforcement authority we should notify?

Every day I don't drop the dime on LL, I feel more and more like an accessory.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
In other words LL is being paid and the Merchant is not. 

In other words, they have been openly stealing for a week and they show no intention to stop.

Isn't there some kind of law enforcement authority we should notify?

Every day I don't drop the dime on LL, I feel more and more like an accessory.

They have expressed the intention to pay up. I can't find the quote right this moment, but it was stated somewhere in one of these threads that "as soon as the internal folks fix this problem, the orders that have not been paid will be pushed through to completion including payment to the merchant" (somethin to that effect, I can't remember the exact quote .. and I KNOW I wasn't dreaming when I read it.)

Darrius is right, LL has said it will credit accounts once they can fix the bug.

This is the email I got from Support regarding payment:

"Thank you for contacting Customer Support regarding SLM Orders stuck in the Being Delivered state.

Customer Support cannot issue credited on any order that is not in a completed state.

The Dev Team will need to resolve the issue with the order stuck in the Being Delivered state.

Once the issue has been resolved the order will transition into a completed state and your account will be credited at that time for those sales."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.