Hey, Commerce Team!

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
I'm more on the side of letting LL know what the problems are,

Again, the technical problems are incidental.

What's broken is LL's decision process.

As a sincere capitalist, I suppose that offering an
optional
utility downgrade is fine if some users are stupid enough to prefer it.

But this downgrade is stated as
non-
optional.

That's the part that's got me personally fired up over this continuing incident.

we generally have options to recover.  and we generally are aware, that yep, gonna have to pull one of those up again.  most of us know that now.

totally anticipated that if they could not answer all of the questions prior to Direct Delivery, that it would be fiasco.  I don't think you have to have tech background to see that.  it was obvious to this non-tech.

totally anticipated a time frame in which to watch all that play out, and totally anticipated that it would be gnarly.

Super gave them a very important task to complete, asap....it's got 900 views over there, and it's gonna sit on first page of google, perhaps for the remainder.

it was one simple task....at the bare minimum, pull up Super's page!!!

even after Gavin found it.....

they pop in here completely oblivious.

Handing them a list of problems?  gonna have to make it even easier than that.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sera Lok wrote:

Well....

I'm more on the side of letting LL know what the problems are, for my customers' interests and my own,  getting over the fact that it's always an imperfect process, and making sure they know what's wrong so they can FIX it as quickly as possible.

I am operating from a progressive, unemotional viewpoint, so maybe that is where we differ.  I don't care where the blame lies, I'm way more interested in moving forward, finding the problems, and getting them fixed. 

Sera Lok wrote:

Well....

I'm more on the side of letting LL know what the problems are, for my customers' interests and my own,  getting over the fact that it's always an imperfect process, and making sure they know what's wrong so they can FIX it as quickly as possible.

I am operating from a progressive, unemotional viewpoint, so maybe that is where we differ.  I don't care where the blame lies, I'm way more interested in moving forward, finding the problems, and getting them fixed. 

That is more or less where I am -- although I do go berserk over some things, mostly I am inured to whatever LL does.  I would never have dreamed of jumping into DD migration this early, for example, because I knew very well what the chances were that there would be bugs. 

The bottom line tho is that LL, despite its flaws, gives me a fabulous opportunity to spend my time doing work I (mostly) love, and I am very, very grateful for that.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Sera Lok wrote:

Well....

I'll be blunt.

You're running around trying to take credit for every issues solved.

It's so obvious, it makes me want to barf. 

If that's your joy in SL so be it, I do understand that it is Darrius' joy.

But it is sickening to watch.  If you want to peddle it as some kind of customer service propaganda campaign that's fine.  It's a wee bit too obvious, though.

I am sure I am not the only one who is glad that Sera and others are working to get the JIRAs written and publicized, and contributing in other ways to getting problems solved.

>Not sure you noticed this or not Mickey, but I didn't start "talking nice" with them until they started engaging and fixing the stuff they'd broken

Understood.

I had a very positive experience with Dakota Linden in-world, examining my boxes and the sim in which they were rezzed.

A pleasant tone is a lot easier to appreciate if people at least tell you what they're actually going to do and then actually do it. 

In the Dakota example, I was able to appreciate her pleasant tone for this reason, but if she had been less pleasant and done everything else the same, I also would have been just fine with that. 

It's unclear to me why more of my interactions with LL can't be like that.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Not sure you noticed this or not Mickey, but I didn't start "talking nice" with them until they started engaging and fixing the stuff they'd broken. They made the first effort, I'm just returning the favor by treating them nice .. as I'd always promised I would.

Sure I could carry on being a hard-nose about stuff, but they're working to fix what's broken. Now, if they take a week or so to fix some of these showstopper issues, you'll see me growing in anger and frustration .. and venom. But for right now, they made a good faith effort, they're continuing that good faith effort, so I'm responding with good faith support.

It's that "Balance" thing.

I'm not sure what to say, except that I hope they are paying you 100k per year, and I wish they would acknowledge you with a Thank You publicly, and often.  Even if you're fine without that, it's a gesture that is simply good business

And you are apologizing for them again, btw.

Sera Lok wrote:

Well....

You're hired!

Sorry, I got carried away by my enthusiasm for your terrific post.  Now I'm going to go look you up and see what you sell.  You sound like the kind of businessperson I'd like to support.

Best wishes for your continued customer-and-solution-focused thinking and to the success of your business as well.

- Lee

Sera Lok wrote:

Lee, that was seriously unexpected and very appreciated. Thank you for the mood lift!

You are so welcome.  

So I did look you up and I went to your inworld store.  I need to get out of there!  I've been in there two hours already!  It's like falling into a real-world Barnes & Noble or Whole Foods.  So much to look at.  So fun to hang out.  So much opportunity to spend money.  LOL.  I did think it was nice that you had a Freebie and a Newbie area with a "Help" folder.  I started posting some pics of my visit to your store on my Profile Feed and a couple of people have told me your store is like a Second Life institution.  High praise.  I am not at all surprised given your great business perspective and positive attitude.  I'm so glad I stumbled across your post and checked out your store.  Thanks, Sera.

- Lee

p.s.

I walked away with schwag.  I picked up some freebies, won a kneeling table on a lucky chair and bought a modifirable beach towel with poses.

Sera Lok wrote:

Well....

Ditto!!

Seriously, what are we talking about here? A slow site? Duh, anyone could of figured that the site was going to be slow. Could LL really stagger the merchants listing items? I think not, every1 else would be screaming favoritism. What else do we have, some weird Unicode stuff? This affects no more than a handful of people. Now we have this gifted redelivery problems, which again affects very few people as it seems almost all items are being delivered. At least from my perspective.

Believe me, few people in this forum thread have lost more money than me over this DD stuff, if any. I'm not screaming because I expected some of this. After this stuff is cleaned up, I expect the MP to be functioning better than it ever has, as far as deliveries go. That was the point of all of this. I didn't have a substantial amount of delivery problems over the years, but it very much hurt customer confidence in the whole system. Once deliveries are guaranteed, we'll all benefit from it. Then, the LL team will have time to get to all those things the MP needs to make our lives easier.

I have all the sympathy in the world for those dealing with the major issues here. I've been there a number of times. Kudos to all those figuring out the workarounds. Thank god we have the community to rely on.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

The fact of the matter is, Phil, I enjoy selling.  I enjoy building and creating textures.  I still love my second life.  To do those things in this world, I and other merchants have to work with the systems given us by the company that owns the servers.  If we don't, we can't do the things we enjoy.  

All merchants "work with the systems given us by the company that owns the servers" whether they sell in the marketplace or in inworld stores. To sell in SL doesn't mean you have to sell in the marketplace.

From your tone, I'm assuming you've pulled out of the marketplace also.  I'm sorry to hear this as I'm sure the world is worse off without your products and imagination in it. 

Nope. I haven't pulled out of the marketplace. I never used it - neither for selling nor for buying. I objected to LL raking off extra money from their customers by competing with their stores, and I objected to the way they went about promoting it (even the non-marketplace login page said "Welcome Marketplace User" in big letters). I found it very disheartening that most merchants went along with it. I understand the desire for extra sales but I found it very disheartening that that desire was so great that they allowed LL to skim off extra money from them. And I still do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.