Forced update from IGS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While is was working just now a prim was forced on to my screen from IGS, then started to run, I removed it straight away and have now cleared my inventory of anything IGS, I find this outrageous, have any of you been forced to take this update?, if this is the new SL, I think we will all get out soon, I have told them if they ever send me anything like that again I will AR them

I am using veiwer 3, the sl one, IGS put a prim on my screen as a hud, i didnt not click anything to give perms, they seem to have over ridden that and not only that it ran and created a folder full of bits, i could not stop it, this is very bad, i have muted all things IGS and have deleted all their products and purged them.

i don't know what IGS is but i just want to say this out loud.

SL does not care about peoples safety, that's why they force people to accept 3rd party cookies if you want to use their search.

i don't want to hear any excuses for that, there are none period. SL like most big companies like google and facebook do a lot of lying and prying and knowingly, purposefully put their users at the mercy of miscreants.

those are facts.

People overreact about online safety.  (=_=)

Online accounts don't "Get hacked":  Stupid users create stupid passwords which are too easy to guess. (=_=)

Cookies don't "follow you" and/or "track you":  They hold a small amount of information locally on your computer so that you and the site host can avoid redundant actions. (^_^)

Nothing in your inventory can do anything to your avatar.  LSL scripts ONLY run when rezzed inworld. (^_^)

SLv3 should be capable of some auto HUD attaching and teleporting.  It's how Linden Realms operates.  The supporting LSL code is still pending release, I believe. (^_^)

As for this IGS thing... Just AR the creator/owner.  If they're doing something against the TOS, they'll be banned.  Otherwise, why worry?  IGS has nothing to do with SL... Whatever it is they do.  They are no more or less capable than you are.  Much ado about nothing. (^_^)y

It did, I was in a sand box, when a prim with the IGS logo filled my screen, it just attached its self, then it unpacked its self, I could not stop it, A PRIM ATTACHED ITSELF TO MY SCREEN, this is outrageous, I did think that it may have been a fake and that I was spose to unpack it and then it would take my money, all of it, there was only one other person in the sim, BUT IT ATTACHED ITS SELF TO MY SCREEN, this is outrageous, i was in the linden beta sim.

You sent them a message that if they ever sent you something like that again you'd AR them? And it happened in one of Oskar's beta test sandboxes? You should have just ARd them - and/or sent a message to Oskar. He sent out a notecard a week or so again saying what was and was not acceptable in his sandboxes.  This does not sound acceptable. The beta test sandboxes are for testing and building and having fun, NOT for griefing people.

When you say "the linden beta sim," do you mean one of the release channel sandboxes?  

As we both know, this shouldn't be possible other than in a Linden Realm, and only then if the hud belongs to a Linden.   I know there's plans to extend this, but I hadn't heard they were being tested at all.

Seems to me that a complain to either Oskar or Charlar Linden would be appropriate, depending on where it happened.

Good morning, Luci.

All things considered, I think you took the right action, deleting anything IGS in your inventory, muting the object inworld, and reporting on the forums. I've turned on your group chatter ability in the Beta group - I don't know why it was turned off - but the chat was pretty moronic and unhelpful and not a lot to do with things beta when I was inworld last night (smiley-disappointed-but-not-totally-surprised-face). 

I think it is very likely someone was using one of the free and modifiable vendors with an extra script to grief and attempt to trick people in the beta sandboxes. (They see "sandbox" and think everyone is noob, perhaps!)

I sent you a copy of Oskar's covenant for his sandboxes, the dos and dont's. If anything or anyone else attempts to grief/harrass you, AR via the help inworld, and/or if I'm knocking about inworld, IM me, and I'll come across and get griefed by it/AR it too :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Good morning, ty for all your help, i am peased to know that this is not normal, for a moment i thought it was a new set of instructions we dont know about, glad to know it is not, and again ty for your support, those sandboxes can be very wild west, in more ways than one, but i have seen some amazing things made there by others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.