Nasty Serial Stalker. Long term problem. Please Help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i think you doing the right thing by going public

if he wants it then give it to him, never back off. your life as it is, is way more important that this **bleep**. is only going to be one loser in this and is not going to be you

so way to go

do what Anne suggest as well. tweet ur blog to every linden on twitter you can find. comment on rodviks wall even. stick it to the **bleep** all over the interwebz. make a big stink so that linden will have to sit up and take notice

is somethings worth fighting for. your secondlife is one of them

You could try dealing with one for 3 years ,,, yeah I dealing with one for 3 years now I not BULL crap you and tell you keep ARing this B*** and like you I been clone, clame to be me, and story got told about me that very sick minded crap and yet this B*** Keeps getting away with all this crap,, I save all my logs just in case I need them in court,,,but I do keep ARing them but I do believe its do no good but you do leave a tail like me if you ever find that you are sueing LL like me. LL need to step up ,,don't get a other alt why so he can stalk your alt too,, if he a bad B*** they will find your alt out so what good that do , Its don't,, a other thing even if you get lucky and he get ban he in sl less then 30, min with a new alt maybe evening clone your name just to piss you off more ,,but I do hope my post has help you in some way .

Dealing with a stalker for 3 years ,iam still standing and I wont let them win

dear LL if you see this YOU need to do your job .

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

If LL isn`t doing anything after all this time, it`s becoming pretty clear

Go to the police and file a complain against LL and send the complain to the board email along with all relevant information on every monday untill they respond or take care of him, and if that doesn`t helps,  get free legal help to take LL on.

As with the case with that land baron some time back, your sim is your propperty as you bought it, so you actually have assets here that have gone trough the court to not "give up" because ll is unwilling to get rid of a cyberbully and hence helping and abiding him.

Sorry but, police will laugh at cyber stalking. 

Some people who met in SL have even killed one another in the past and really, nothing happened as far as the SL part.

You can try, but don't expect much. People still do not really 'get' stalking even in real life, let alone, online.

About 'no income' she owns a sim so stopping her from enjoying her investment is detrimental. If she earns money in SL that's impeding income. But I don't know that that is the issue. THe real issue is the prevalent ignorance about bullying and stalking and how those things affect people. I mean, cyber bullying led to a suicide in this country, then it led to still more - real life bullying and stalking has various ill effects. The real problem is that it isn't taken seriously.

OP, stalkers thrive on fear. Try turning the tables next time they pop up and use humor. I have no idea if that will make them more angry or take some wind from their sails but, it's just one idea.

BTW, If you don't think this thread will help why did you create it? (Only to say after everyone is pulled in, "I don't think any of this will help.")

Trinity Dejavu wrote:

It has been going on for a LONG time. I really don't see how this thread will make it any different.

SL may be optional, but we are told that adherance to the TOS isn't. I have no interest  in any solution that equates to ditching my identity here and I am sick to the back teeth of hoping quietly that this will just solve itself somehow.

No offense but, if this really is very sick and disturbing, why would you not resort to that in order to put a stop to it for a while. This is your real life you are really talking about. If  you have to start over in a virtual world, compared to peace of mind, which is more important?

You might try writing to Linden Lab with a full print out of the abuse logs, if you haven't yet.

i disagree with ur disagreement

silence, blocking, disengaging and ARs not having any effect on this guy. they usually do on the average greifer. like they get bored and dont bother after a while

this guy is not average. he is doing impersonations on multiple accounts and subjecting the OPs friends to his chit as well. thats not average greifer behaviour. he will keep doing it until he is stopped

sure this guy will probably revel in the publicity but he doing that to his own dance now anyways

am not suggesting that this guy be engaged inworld. just keep blocking and ARing like normal. just ramp it to the max on other channels is all

in these situations, something has to move before it does stop. the OP doesnt want it to them doing the moving and i dont see why they should have to.  so that leaves either linden or the griefer to be moved off their current paths

edit to add: first lesson at self-defence classes. when u being attacked by someone intent on doing u serious damage then SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF

edit to add even more: or can keep your mouth shut and take ur beating in silence so not to disturb the neighbours

I had a (thankfully brief) online encounter (through Yahoo IM, not SL) with an individual who flew off the handle over the idea that we were not in a relationship - after one brief online chat. He inundated me with hateful messages. When I blocked his account, he created another to do the same. And another. And another. It sounds like the person you're talking about has flown off the handle about something that happened with your friend. You somehow got involved, and now he's harassing you as well.

Number one in any environment is that if you don't want drama, don't get involved in other people's drama. Sometimes it comes to you whether you want it or not, but you don't have to get involved in other people's issues, even if they're friends of yours. Since you're already involved, your options really are limitted.

The truth is that this IS cyberbullying, maybe even something that would be considered "flaming" (which is not as severe as cyberbullying), not necessarily cyber stalking. No threats have been made (that I read) against you physically. The worst this person seems to have done is to harass you repeatedly and use profane and offensive language. It's annoying, it's emotionally hurtful, it's disruptive, but it's not dangerous. The police are unlikely to get themselves involved unless they feel that there is some kind of physical danger to you.

I'm not saying that it's not wrong, it's not terrible, or that nothing should be done about it. It IS wrong and terrible and something SHOULD be done, but the police probably won't actually do anything. Honestly, my best advice to you is to very carefully read the ToS and Community Guidelines, any internet laws you can find that might apply to this situation (I recommend US laws, because LL is in the US and those are the main laws they must abide by), and any other legislation, including precedents of successful lawsuits against cyberbullying via SL or similar online "games" and worlds, you can find. Get all of this together and see if you can get a free consult with a lawyer who can tell you whether or not it is worth pursuing a lawsuit against LL. When you join LL, it is with the understanding that certain things are against the rules, and that if you or someone else violates those rules, there will be consequences. So far, it doesn't seem that this person has faced any consequences, so you can see if pursuing a lawsuit would be wise. It might make consequences more severe in the future, as well, for others who are in the same or similar situations.

Try calling LL again. Push as high as you can - demand (politely) to speak to a supervisor. If they can't or won't help, ask to speak to THEIR supervisor. If that person can't help or isn't available, demand to go higher. Be polite, but be firm. Refuse to back down. Don't get angry, don't yell, don't use foul language - just be firm. Say please and thank you and couch your demands in requests, but be insistant. See if that gets you any further. If you do it well, you can get pretty high on the chain so that you know your complaints are being heard. And most of all - document the conversation.

ETA: Make sure you document any and all abuse reports you send about this person, and have your friends document any they send. (Not just "sent another abuse report today," but who it was against, what it said, what time it was sent (including time zone), etc. You have this tracker thing - document what time this person popped up online, and how long they stayed - it's fairly clear that they're probably tracking you, as well, and that they may only come online when you or one of your friends is online. Thinking of that - is it possible this person is on your friends list under another name? Maybe that's how they know when you come online.) Also document any support tickets you file about this issue, any calls or emails with LL - ANY contact you have with LL about this issue.

People get very upset if a guy falls in love with a girl that is a guy, I don't care what you are but some will, I think the lindens take that into account, I went to a sim called Sparta and its sister Athens, I went as a girl to sparta and a guy at Athens, was in both armies, when I found guys and girls becoming attached to me I told them I was both genders and here to fight not have relationships, they found this very hard to take, and still to this day hold it against me if I go to watch the fights, the girls that liked my male alt still get mad if they see me and the guys that liked my female alt feel the same, I did ar them at the start of it but the linden took their side, it never got as bad as yours as I made it clear to all once people started to declare feelings, you are stuck between a rock and a had place, and you should say you play both genders if you do. Once they know none will try to start a relationship with you.

Those that need love will react the worst. Those not interested in relationships wont care. Thing is most here are looking for love and are just fibbing.

But I refuse to get an alt, and I still go to Sparta to watch fights and still to this day I am surrounded by people that make comments all the time, I just have to learn to live with it, but the lindens wont help as they don't like people playing both sides. But to me it is valid role play.

I would not tell any what my real gender is cos it is none of their business, but if I was to create a relationship then they have the right to know, but I love role playing both genders and have learnt so much on what it is like to be different.

Eventually? I very much doubt it.

The first imposter began his life on 07/18/2011, named Melanie Wandsworth (melaniewandsworth1) e29fb978-b1ba-4f36-9e87-38183abbcacf and has since then continued all of this in a daily routine, adding imposter-alts of friends. Meanwhile there will have to be more than 100 Abuse reports on this matter.

But of course this happened before to others as well. And even though confessions of this have been made in chats and Abuse reports have been written I can still see two imposter alts online, for more than half a year now, writing people in my name, sending messages from worn objects, parking their Ava's in places I used to visit showing nasty and sick profiles with pictures that have secretly been made from my person, impersonating me.

But it is not the stalker who bothers me most. You cannot help some people to do strange, violent, forbidden things.

It is the way society deals with it. In this case it is also the way permanent TOS violations are reported but lead to nothing at all. The stalker is proud to be doing this for more than 4 years now. Though it's actual main Ava is only 2 years old. I have talked to a dozend persons who had this happen to them before it happened to me. They did file Abuse Report after Abuse Report, some finally gave up, some left SL, some deleted their known life and started a new one.

I would like to add something about threads at this point:

It is german and written by the stalker and I will do try my best to translate it.

2011-09-20 03:16:24 note card

Original message from a notecard:

...ich habe mich jetzt auf "Melanie" eingeschossen, habe ihn zum "Staatsfeind No.1" erklärt. Ruhe wird es erst geben wenn er sich löscht unnd alle seine alts mit..... oder wenn sie gelöscht werden (ich arbeite daran und habe auch gute Unterstützung)...

...wenn ich Melanie in den Abgrund reisse werde ich ohne jede Rücksicht alle mitnehmen, die sich mir dabei in den Weg stellen und mit Melanie sympatisieren. Es wird keine Ruhe geben... niemals solange Melanie existiert.
Das ist ein Versprechen...............
*mich haben 4jahre SLschon sovieleklein kriegen wollen aber keine/r hats geschafft - ich lebe immer noch.. aber viele andre haben schon is Gras gebissen -hehe*

PS:ich lass diese NC bewusst fullperm :-)

A translation as best as I can provide:

...I am shooting now at Melanie, have declared him to public enemy No.1. There will be silence when he deletes himself and all his alts..... or when they will be deleted (I am working on this and I have good help with it)....

...if I pull Melanie into the abyss I will take everyone with me without consideration of those who will stand in my way and sympathise with Melanie. There will be no quietness... never as long as melanie exists.

That is a promise.................

**in four years SL so many have tried to make me small but noone has been able to - I am still alive.. but many others habe bitten the dust -hehe*

PS: I do leave this NC knowingly fullperm

... unless officially investigated.

I ran into someone the other who happened to be a victim too of the said stalker. A talk with her added more alt-names to my list, so I have now more then 30 Ava's made only to harass people and to spread hatred. The last copy of harassments I got from a close friend. This time the stalker threatened my friend about all the nasty things it would do in RL to her.

Of course she filed an Abuse Report. And of course nothing will happen about this.

So after 7month I draw this conclusion

Everyone is able to harass, impersonate and thread any Ava in SL without any reason and without having to fear about any consequences.

Fascists, Rapists, Stalkers, Violaters of all kind... welcome to a world where you can be anything you want!

But what strikes me most is the way in which the majority of people inworld react to all this. Few of those I talked to have any believe left into the Abuse Report System.

And who could blame them?

• 1 month later...

Well.....I know this Stalker very well. He is stalking me since Sept. 2010 and he will never stop :-( I wrote at least hundreds of ARs without any success. He's impersonating a lot of my friends too...sending harassing messages. I had evidences of using Copybots by him, reported him to LL and to the Manufactorer......no result. So nobody show interest or will help, not even Linden :-( 

• 10 months later...

I understand where you coming from. 4 years i have had a girl stalker just becuz i did not want to be her friend. Its come to the point she found my rl address and sends things now in rl. I did the ARing and nothing happens. My life my family is already been put at risk becuz sl would not help to put a stop to online trolling and stalking.

Not much help to offer you here. For 2 years my friends and I have been harassed and stalked on the feed. You can AR until your butt falls off and LL will not respond.

So it looks like not only on the feeds but on the grid LL has chosen to throw away the ToS. That leaves SLF, here, as the only place it is enforced.

These people I speak of attack everyone they feel they can ridicule, any charity of any value and any event not to their liking.

One of them even posted here that shocked the heck out of me.

All I can say is good luck, I have had none. :( 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.