Social group idea.... Linden Homes HOA

Tymmerie Thorne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm new to the forums but not to SL. Anyway, I thought it migh tbe fun to start a social group for Linden Home owners (a Linden Home HOA group). We could explore, share prim sparing decorating tips, have parties, yard sales, etc. There are lots of goups in SL and I thought this might be a fun one.

Any other Linden homeowners interesting in this type of group?

Hello Tymmerie. If you just created the group, remember to have 2 members in the group within 48 hours to avoid group disbanding! Sounds interesting. There are already groups in world for linden home owners (like "Linden Home Support Group") but why not one more. Unfortunately i am not a Linden Home owner to join in. Good luck.

I formed the group: Linden Homes HOA (which stands for Homeowners' Association) but it is not open or searchable yet. I want to make a group charter and decide what it will be exactly and then announce it on my blog and in plurk and wherever else. I made my husband join so that we have two members until I open it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Generally HOA is something that will rub real life home owners the wrong way,. If it just for discussing things, decorations ect its fine (keeping a a nice flow or elegance to the community with tips and suggestions).

If it begins to act like a real HOA and annoys people by trying to dictate any aspect of how they personally decorate ect, it will end up violating aspects of the TOS. A similiar thign happened early on in the old homes and LL told them they couldn't do it. 

Anything to offensive needs to be reported individually to LL for their review. 

Just keep it as a social group with ideas shared with people. What groups can not do is try to show any type of authority or claimed authority over any resident. Harass them, ect. There were already issues with a police group and a claimed Bellesseria Mayor blocking people on the water that resulted in a warning. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, anthonytorino said:

Generally HOA is something that will rub real life home owners the wrong way,. If it just for discussing things, decorations ect its fine (keeping a a nice flow or elegance to the community with tips and suggestions).

If it begins to act like a real HOA and annoys people by trying to dictate any aspect of how they personally decorate ect, it will end up violating aspects of the TOS. A similiar thign happened early on in the old homes and LL told them they couldn't do it. 

Anything to offensive needs to be reported individually to LL for their review. 

Just keep it as a social group with ideas shared with people. What groups can not do is try to show any type of authority or claimed authority over any resident. Harass them, ect. There were already issues with a police group and a claimed Bellesseria Mayor blocking people on the water that resulted in a warning. 

7 year necro?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

Generally HOA is something that will rub real life home owners the wrong way

Boy does it ever! . HOAs are about the only thing I may actually hate, rather than just have a strong dislike for. It's MY home and if I want to paint it pink and purple polka dots with green and yellow stripes that is exactly what I will do. Don't like it? Sucks to be you.

And that's a general "you", not anyone in particular.

I'll live in a freakin cave before I ever live in an HOA neighborhood.

• Like 1

Can I be HOA President and collect all the fees? I will inspect all homes and levy fines on those who do not follow the covenant. With those fees and fines, we can replace roofs, fix termite damage, paint neglected homes, and I will only keep a *ahem* nominal fee.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.