Marketplace inventory not updating with the MagicBox inventory

OYO Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyones,

First time i'm posting here, i'm used to read the forum but not to post.

Just i've a prob since a week, my Marketplace inventory isn't showing the new items dropped in the magic box (or hardly coming in it)

I was wondering if i'm the only one to have this problem and this despite my tries : reset of the box, sync from the merchant area, to take it back in my inventory and to rez it again ... and so on.

f anyone have some informations or ideas about why it happen, i would really enjoy it.

Thanks and have a great day

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Maybe, i was wondering about this maintenance too, but alike i didn't had seen more informations...

Well.. i guess that's again a case where the "wait and see" gonna work and to keep an eye on the market place inventory.

Hi again,

After 48H waiting for the update, who never happened.

i've been ahead and got a new MagicBox, then i've rezzed it, made a copy of the inventry of my old one, delted it and added all my items in the new one.

Been waiting for the color change of the magic box, then made a new sync on the market place.

Magic operating and the complete inventory of my magicbox appear in the listing of my Merchant shop.

I hope it will help some peeps who get this problem.

All the best everyones

I've been having this problem too.  I recently designed a house that I want to sell on the marketplace and have been  unable to list it on the SL marketplace.  I am willing to show it in world to anyone who is interested in it.  It's a large family home with 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and is less than 350 prims.

• 6 months later...

For those of you having difficulty getting Magic Box inventory to show up on the Marketplace, there's one step that is easy to forget/miss.

From the menu at the top of the Marketplace Home Page, select My Marketplace -> Merchant Home.  On the left side of the page under Inventory, click on Magic Box Status. That will take you to a new page.  Click "cancel" if the black text box shows up, then at the bottom left of that page it will list all the Magic Boxes you have rezzed with their locations.  Select "update" for the Magic Box/es.  That has to be done in addition to resetting them physically and synchronizing with the Marketplace.

*Note - Your products will show up on the upper right side listed as "Unassociated Inventory," but that's just there from the Xstreet to Marketplace transition awhile back.

As for Direct Delivery, it's not a new box.  It involves placing your items for sale on the Marketplace in the Merchant Outbox, which is a folder in your inventory, depending on the viewer you use.  It requires using the newest viewers (SL Viewer 3, Firestorm - there may be others).  I'm still using Magic Boxes but there are a number of threads on these forums that give step-by-step instructions.  Here's a great .pdf created by Darrius Gothly:

http://www.dgp4sl.com/Updating_a_Direct_Delivery_Product_on_the_SL_Marketplace.pdf

Aislynne Melnik wrote:

Question about the new boxes that are replacing the old Magic Boxes for direct delivery:

1.  Where can I get the new box?

2.  Will I have to readd all the information for each boxed item once I make the change or do I just load the box with my items and sync?

There is no new box.  I did it with some items yesterday and was pleased with how easy the overall proces is.

1. Copy contents of Magic box to inventory.

2. Select those items

3. From the drop down menu choose to transfer to merchant outbox.

4. When the outbox pops up, click the button to move them to marketplace.

The items will move automatically and the MB versions will go into the unassociated pile. Have not investigated what to do with those yet so am ignoring them.

Then if you are like me, you have to click a button in the listing saying they do need land -- the default tells them they do not. But you can use bulk edit to do it more quickly.

Pamela Galli wrote:

[snip] ... The items will move automatically and the MB versions will go into the unassociated pile. Have not investigated what to do with those yet so am ignoring them. ... [snip]

First off it's a good idea to double-check that the Magic Boxes (Servers) listed on the Inventory > Magic Box status page are correct and then once you've removed the original items from the Magic Box (those items that you just converted to DD), make sure you "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes".

After synchronizing competes, the old Magic Box items *should* disappear from the Unassociated Inventory list as they are no longer available for delivery. However if they do NOT vanish then it indicates the item still exists in some Magic Box somewhere. Double-check that the items are removed from every Magic Box then Sync again. (If they don't vanish then it's also possible there is a Magic Box listed on the Magic Box status page that is no longer rezzed in-world.)

As usual, it's important to tidy up the loose ends after converting to Direct Delivery. Failing to perform the final steps won't normally affect dellivery, but it may slow down your listings and generally clutter up your screen with useless stuff that can be done away with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.