Akelei Schnyder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Since yesterday my avatar has been broken, sometimes i can see just prims and body is totally invisible, others is all white, others the texture is like pixlated. 

I have tried all ... clean cache, i delelate all the folderes on my pc, I un install, delate, reboot, install viwer and nothing, same old problem. Of course I wasn't wearing any tattoo layer or alpha layer.

Why it is happening and How I can fix it? 

Thanks for your help. I have add some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akeleisworld/6543760871/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akeleisworld/6543760363/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akeleisworld/6543759915/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akeleisworld/6543758003/in/photostream

Have you also changed skin?

Change complete avatar - use the avatar picker, its the icon along the panel on the side that has two people. If you've customized icons you might have put it back into the list of choices. No idea if its present in a TPV.

It will completely switch out everything you're wearing, including anything hidden or lingering.

Once that is done, repeat all the cache clearing and such - then relog and then try putting your old look back together.

Also, the Beta viewer right now is more stable with textures than the release viewer. Try switching to the beta.

I have changed avatar, skin, I kinda have some other avi styles, like more animal stuff, and some of them works perfectly other just the same, the ones that works, as soon as i change some clothes layers, brokes again.

Not quite sure if i got what where you saying, but gonna try to get that avatar picker.

Thanks both

Hello Akelei. Very serious problem really. Here is the main (old one) jira about: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-12906 Please have a look, vote there and add your comment. However it is marked as unresolved. How i would try to fix the problem:

1)Making an avatar test: You find it under Develop Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female. This will be remove everything you wear and is possible to cause the problem. If you see your avatar normally (as a noob) try after to change outfits wearing a simple one without any attachments. Alternatively try gradually to build from the beginning your avatar wear one by one skin, shape, hair, eyes, clothes and see if something makes you again partially transparent.

2)If the problem remains clear your cache manually (out of SL and having your viewer closed. To do that delete everything into the following folders:

• C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
  • C : \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Repeat the same process with all the viewers you have installed in your computer, even you use them occassionally. For example:

• C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer and (or)
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Firestorm

You can except only the folder C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ akelei_schnyder (copying it somewhere else in your hard disk. It includes your chat logs and im logs. This way you will keep them.

After that log in back in a protected land like Smith for example. Stay there under the water, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. When fetching finishes, follow what i wrote earlier after the avatar test and see if that makes any difference.

3)If still the problem remains, i definitely recommend you to try a different viewer. If you use Firestorm or Viewer 3, it is very possible to fix your problem loggin in with Phoenix.

Good luck.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello Akelei. Very serious problem really. Here is the main (old one) jira about:
 Please have a look, vote there and add your comment. However it is marked as unresolved. How i would try to fix the problem:

1)Making an avatar test: You find it under Develop Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female. This will be remove everything you wear and is possible to cause the problem. If you see your avatar normally (as a noob) try after to change outfits wearing a simple one without any attachments. Alternatively try gradually to build from the beginning your avatar wear one by one skin, shape, hair, eyes, clothes and see if something makes you again partially transparent.

2)If the problem remains clear your cache manually (out of SL and having your viewer closed. To do that delete everything into the following folders:
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \
    SecondLife
    and
  • C : \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \
    Secondlife

Repeat the same process with all the viewers you have installed in your computer, even you use them occassionally. For example:
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \
    PhoenixViewer
    and (or)
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \
    Firestorm

You can except only the folder C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ akelei_schnyder (copying it somewhere else in your hard disk. It includes your chat logs and im logs. This way you will keep them.

After that log in back in a protected land like Smith for example. Stay there under the water, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. When fetching finishes, follow what i wrote earlier after the avatar test and see if that makes any difference.

3)If still the problem remains, i definitely recommend you to try a different viewer. If you use Firestorm or Viewer 3, it is very possible to fix your problem loggin in with Phoenix.

Good luck.

Just curious...why underwater?

Boo :)

See this picture for how broken i was.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/47225i6FD45A9A1D8C49CF/image-size/large?v=mpbl-1&px=600

The way i fixed it, after trying everythign is a FULL uninstall of every SL viewer. and by FULL i mean FULL, nothing left of anything SL on your machine, Pheonix, Firestorm, Linden Viewer, etc. Caches, romaing folders, everything.

Then i installed just the Linden Labs viewer and i was fixed.

If after you do a FULL uninstall of all viewers you are still borked, then you have no choice but to file a ticket under the category that does not exist :matte-motes-shocked: .

It worked for 2 days, i was all right i could change clothes without dissapearing, but today all came back again, I have done all what you guys have told me and I dunno what else I can do.

It would be very awesome if LL tells me why that happends and how can I fix it, cuz I have an inventory over the 60K and is a lot a lot of money spent here.

Thank you :)

At this point, all you can do is submit a support ticket. Hopefully someone else has another suggestion for you to try, but really, all we can do is offer advice, and I think people have already given all the advice they can. LL needs to help you now, and you'll get their attention much faster by submitting a support ticket. Good luck!

The OP said they did a character test, which should have removed all items they were wearing including a collar. But yeah, scripts can make all kinds of things go weird when they don't work.

To the OP: If you are using an RLVa-compatible viewer, such as Phoenix or Firestorm, turn off the RLVa feature, relog, and take off any collars or cuffs you are wearing (or try a character test again). If you were wearing any locked items, they may not have detached properly if you were RLVa-enabled when you character tested. By default, RLVa is off. If you never turned it on, or if you don't have a viewer with RLVa, ignore this.

just looking at ur pictures is def a problem with the texture baking

seems the problem is maybe caused by the order in which u put stuff on

like i have a tattoo. i have lots of them actual all from the same maker. only one of them gives me problem tho with one jacket from another maker. if i put on the tattoo and then put on the jacket i cant see the jacket. is transparent. if i put the jacket on first then put on the tattoo then is fine

i had a problem with one bald hair base as well that i made myself with the hairbase tool. whenever i put it on first my avatar gets weird textures like urs. when i put on last then is ok

no idea why it does this tho. just that it does 

@Parhelion Palou I never thought on that, actually i can say it started from that point. before i used a second monitor (was a tv really) but how it was huge wasnt my first option. But know i got a new pc and 2 monitors and bet is from that time i started to have problems. I will make sure i just use sl in the first one. Thanks :D

@Mairiare Thanks for your answer, I don't use collars that much, not lately, but I will keep an eye on your advice. Thanks a lot :D

@16 is I have some save outfits saved, i mean, i can change into them and not breaking my avatar, but as soon as i want to change clothes, everything what is layers breaks, alpha, shirts, skirts, pants, undewear, skin, eyes. just what is prim survive :S ... Thanks for your help. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to every one has been posting here.

It has been one week since i am just playing SL in one screen as Parhelion Palou recomended and actually I haven't broken at all! ... I also can wear again saved outfits that normally made me look invisible. or pixelated. So yay! I guess was the 2 screens monitor stuff.

Thank you again for all the tips and I hope I don't have to use the forum again for a problem like this.

Hugs Hugs :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.