14 of the the most recent 20 post are for Land or Events?

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm thinking it time to separate the forums out to one being free classifieds and the other being for discussions and information.  Anyone else thinking this?

I value that everyone needs a place to post information but these boards are really starting to look more and more like just classified where only specific categories can advertise where for the rest of us, it's a spam violation.

Just my two cents :P

Well, first, let's get 1 thing straight. It's not classifieds, it is Land advertising. It has absolutely nothing to do with merchants and only to do with land. If land gets to advertise, the rest of us should also. I don't want the forums to be all advertising, which is why they should not put advertisements in the recently created feed.

i have my browser settings to show most recent posts in the general section..

i don't see any land selling going on..are you meaning outside of the sections?

ETA: ok i just stepped outside of general section and i see what you are meaning now..ya that always seemed to be filled with land offers and things..

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, first, let's get 1 thing straight. It's not classifieds, it is Land advertising. It has absolutely nothing to do with merchants and only to do with land. If land gets to advertise, the rest of us should also. I don't want the forums to be all advertising, which is why they should not put advertisements in the recently created feed.

This!  The land renters staged a protest that involved spamming the Commerce forum, and got their advertising forum.

I agree that ALL advertising should be sequestered in a completely different forum and feed.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Agreed but my point we less a debate of what LL calls but i think you get the point as it's advertising and something we merchants are not allowed to do.  It's not that I want them, it'sthat I don' think they belong in the forums and moreover, listed as New Post.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

I'm thinking it time to separate the forums out to one being free classifieds and the other being for discussions and information.  Anyone else thinking this?

I value that everyone needs a place to post information but these boards are really starting to look more and more like just classified where only specific categories can advertise where for the rest of us, it's a spam violation.

Just my two cents
:P

I think the merchants should JIRA (is that what it's called?) for a SALE EVENTS subforum.  I love sales events and wouldn't consider that spam.  Also, discussions 'may' have a lull at this time of year as people are out Holiday shopping and/or wrapping and/or packing for traveling, etc. 

I agree that people in the land business get preference over other businesses.  If someone can post about land for sale or rent, then other's should be able to post about new products or sales.   No one should have to look at either unless they want to, so I agree with you that advertisements should be on a seperate board.

Mayalily wrote:

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Just my two cents

I think the merchants should JIRA (is that what it's called?) for a SALE EVENTS subforum.  I love sales events and wouldn't consider that spam.  Also, discussions 'may' have a lull at this time of year as people are out Holiday shopping and/or wrapping and/or packing for traveling, etc. 

A JIRA was made long ago.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Just my two cents

Totally agree.

I'm not holding my breathe on getting a classifieds section back. LL is in the mode of penny pinching us to death. The last thing they want to do is hurt their F'd up inworld Classifieds, which I will point out is the ONLY way to advertise in SL. Oh, and right now, that is way worse than it ever was. Does any1 else find it kind of funny that when SL was at it's peak, we had numerous free forums to advertise on, competing marketplaces with forums, a basic search that worked, and a number of ad agencies. Now, we have basically none of that, and LL wonders why things have declined. It is also worth pointing out that LL personally killed most of those.

I don't see any of this because I only watch the specific forums in which I'm interested.

I'm not saying that's the right way to read the forums or anything, however, the worse this gets, the fewer people will ever see updates to the offending forums.

The point being that adding a classified forum or closing the land-trading and event-spamming forums will have exactly the same effect: nobody will ever see anything on them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.