Rites Of Passage

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My rites of passage are the same as many that have been mentioned already

Making my first prim object

Making an item of clothing (okay it was a crappy t-shirt)

Renting my first house

Opening my art gallery

Having SL-sex for the first time

Another very personal rite of passage for me was switching to a new avatar and deleting my original one.

And finally the most recent - my decision to depict my avatar with the same disability I have in RL.

there were a lot of those  times..but the one i remember most is when someone told me i would never be able to build..

they were just pumping themselves and while putting me down to get under my skin..so i took to it hard and made this on my first thing ever that i made in SL..

i had 6 sims all to myself and decided i was gonna show this person just who they were talking to..

4168027020_370285e7e6_o.png

then that led to this clock..the building in the back..thats a whole other story ..but it's mine  as well that i never got to finish lol

3417198120_b9ff522e8b_o.png

i finally put all that anger management behind me when people were asking if they could buy copies..i just gave them away..

then fell in love with building and started to build anything that came to mind..

this was something that took like 20 hours straight..my juke box .. i was working on a club to go around it..

the record was the dance floor and it spun..the dj booth was the needle that wasn't added yet..there were 3 levels inside it..

the very top where the records are was a lounge what a group of people could hang out in..which we did hehehe

the record spun in that as well..

i still had a bit to go on texture skills..but it was fun getting there hehehe

oh and the bubbles in the tubes worked as well..on the right side they went up and on the left side they went down hehehe

3258897441_c0b29a9793_o.png

now i can build just about anything i want..all because someone pissed me off and said i could never do it..isn't SL great like that? LOL

revenge really does come true lol kidding..

i wish i had started building much earlier than i did..the person pushed me and that made me discover how great it is to create..that was the silver lining in that whole mess =)

and that person really was a great builder..so it was a good ceiling they set for me to reach for..

Matty Luminos wrote:

And finally the most recent - my decision to depict my avatar with the same disability I have in RL.

A lot of men would have to give up their prim penii......................

But seriously, that is cool.  When I hurt my knee I got a wheel chair for tootling about the Grid.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

there were a lot of those  times..but the one i remember most is when someone told me i would never be able to build..

they were just pumping themselves and while putting me down to get under my skin..so i took to it hard and made this on my first thing ever that i made in SL..

i had 6 sims all to myself and decided i was gonna show this person just who they were talking to..

4168027020_370285e7e6_o.png

now i can build just about anything i want..all because someone pissed me off and said i could never do it..isn't SL great like that? LOL

revenge really does come true lol kidding..

i wish i had started building much earlier than i did..the person pushed me and that made me discover how great it is to create..that was the silver lining in that whole mess =)

and that person really was a great builder..so it was a good ceiling they set for me to reach for..

WOW!  AWESOME!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Which brings me to the topic at hand, what for you were some rites of passage in SL?

Nice topic. :)

For me: Owning my first parcel of land.

Putting something on the land, titling the land, checkmarking "show in search" and seeing my first person show up moments later.

That was nice.

Melita Magic wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Which brings me to the topic at hand, what for you were some rites of passage in SL?

Nice topic.
:)

For me: Owning my first parcel of land.

Putting something on the land, titling the land, checkmarking "show in search" and seeing my first person show up moments later.

That was nice.

I'm not sure how long after starting before I rented my first place, maybe a month or so.  It was an apartment in an apartment building on Hawaii Kai.  I think my rent was 100L a month and there was no privacy in the building.

But it was my sky box that I got a month or so later that really gave me the feeling of being settled into SL.  Decorated it to suit my tastes.  Lived there for almost 4 years.  It was very much my home till the SIM went bye bye.  Now I am somewhere else.

I still remember vividly my first rite of passage.  It was my first "commercial" effort at creating.  I had been in SL for 2 months, playing at building and learning the ropes, but this was my first "Aha!" that started me on a project.  It was November, nearing Christmas, and it was inspired by my RL Christmas memories as a child, as we always had one in our home.  It was a set of Angel Chimes.  I took a freebie menu script and modded it to work with my creation, and even sampled some chime sounds, and edited and looped the sound. 

chimes.jpg

It was the next day from when I had finished them, and was showing my then landlady in SL my new creation.  I was so proud!  She wanted 3 of them on the spot for gifts! I had to learn how to sell something to someone, she had to teach me.  Man was I stoked.  Caught the building bug for sure at that moment.  I also had a 512 of first land (yes, it was that long ago) and had it on display for sale there.  One day I logged in to find a sale of my chimes.. to a Linden!  For a noob I was walking 10-feet tall. 

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I still remember vividly my first rite of passage.  It was my first "commercial" effort at creating.  I had been in SL for 2 months, playing at building and learning the ropes, but this was my first "Aha!" that started me on a project.  It was November, nearing Christmas, and it was inspired by my RL Christmas memories as a child, as we always had one in our home.  It was a set of Angel Chimes.  I took a freebie menu script and modded it to work with my creation, and even sampled some chime sounds, and edited and looped the sound. 

chimes.jpg

It was the next day from when I had finished them, and was showing my then landlady in SL my new creation.  I was so proud!  She wanted 3 of them on the spot for gifts! I had to learn how to sell something to someone, she had to teach me.  Man was I stoked.  Caught the building bug for sure at that moment.  I also had a 512 of first land (yes, it was that long ago) and had it on display for sale there.  One day I logged in to find a sale of my chimes.. to a Linden!  For a noob I was walking 10-feet tall. 

that is beautiful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.