LL need to take this serously

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to add my voice to the others here and say that ban/mute/AR is the most effective way of dealing with this type of situation.  Griefers are bullies that do what they do for attention.  If you don't give it to them , they go away.  While I have not had but a few times I've been harassed this way in the five years plus I've been in SL, I can tell you that this DOES work because this is how I handled it.

If they have made threats against your RL, or you have reason to believe they may threaten your RL, you can report this to the FBI and your local police too.  Google FBI - cyber crime for a link to a web site where you can file the report.  I did have a business rival try this with me once, mainly because he does it with others and they cave in to his demands not to compete with him.  I didn't.  I told him to bring it if he wanted a long vacation courtesy of the state.  Just the fact that I stood up to him and made it clear I would report it to RL authorities was enough to make him stop.

DO NOT under any circumstances let them run you out of SL.  This makes them think they have 'won' and will only encourage them to harass others or even track you down if you use an alt and repeat the process.

Pesky griefers don't get banned from SL.

To get banned from SL, you have to mess up BIG time. I think but am not sure of this, however -

I believe people that are banned from SL are the creators of Emerald, the guy who made megaprims possible, and probably some other people who created real issues in SL. Some joker being rude is the least of LL's concerns.

Just blow off the silly griefers, it really does make them go away.

If you get burnt out on SL like I did, yeah I guess take a break but don't stomp off in anger just cause some dumb 12 year old kid is acting, well, like a 12 year old.

greek Wingtips wrote:

sorry Dresden, but you statement is flawed, first and formost if I could take my own actions , what you think I would not? come on man, live in the real world, I have my hands tied as to how to deal with cowards who hide behide av's and feel they can do anything to anyone because the know they cannot be hurt in anyway, Number 2: I pay for this service that means

and I desevere some sort of protection from LL's  from bum wipes who feel they here to cause grief, as I cannot take the law into my own hands.
this statment you make

Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of relying on LL to make draconian changes just to suit your needs

you havin a laugh, apart from muting, blocking reporting them, what else you think I can do if they keep creating new

av's and griefing me, if you have any great sugestions please feel free to share, them, but plz dopnt make bold statements unless you have expranced grief, and please Iam  not a push over, what I would give to meet this people rl 
would be a god send,

What makes you think I haven't dealt with griefers?  The difference between me and you is that I know how to **bleep** (n.i.p is censored? jeez) it in the bud by ignoring the fools until they get bored and stop.  I'm not concerned about winning an argument with them or with you... so, after this reply, I'll gladly use my further interaction with you as a working example of what you should be doing.

...Dres

still missing the point, forget the griefers I talking about these people creating multiplu avatars for this specfic reason, you think I been in sl for 4 years and dont know how to deal with these pricks, when you have cybertrolls thier goal is to pester you, mute,them,block them,do whatever, they creat another av ,then you back to sq one,thats my bloody point,making harder

for someone to create mulitplu avatars. thats what I talking about, plz dont go on about "is this on my land" I know how to ban, when you have a group(republic of whatever" who goal is to be a nuseince in SL you think LL dont have some degree

of responbilty to do something.

what I am say is this: too easy to create muliti avatars for the wrong reasons. thats all,

the only thing is ..there is more reasons to keep those easy accounts than there is to get rid of them..So LL won't be doing that..

a griefer is a griefer..cyber trolls are just a group of griefers..

they are not gonna waste time on someone for nothting..

you must have something they want or did something to them or maybe something to one of their friends or had a misunderstanding somewhere...

you may not even know what thier reason is..but if they are glued to you there is a reason for it..thats how these groups work..

either way..no matter how hard LL made it for them..they would still find an easy way in..

making it harder to get in would only make it harder for people that don't live to break the barriers..

the ones that come here to find out what sl is all about and then decide to become part of the community later..

greek Wingtips wrote:

I agree that not all the ID should be used, but only some part which can be used to verfiely the person...

There are around 200 countries in the world, with many different languages, different forms of identification, banking systems etc. Just how do you suggest all these different forms of ID should be made known to Linden Lab in the first place ? - let alone how they are supposed to use them (and which ones to use) every single time a new AV is created ?

greek Wingtips wrote:

still missing the point, forget the griefers I talking about these people creating multiplu avatars for this specfic reason, you think I been in sl for 4 years and dont know how to deal with these pricks, when you have cybertrolls thier goal is to pester you, mute,them,block them,do whatever, they creat another av ,then you back to sq one,thats my bloody point,making harder

for someone to create mulitplu avatars. thats what I talking about, plz dont go on about "is this on my land" I know how to ban, when you have a group(republic of whatever" who goal is to be a nuseince in SL you think LL dont have some degree

of responbilty to do something.

what I am say is this: too easy to create muliti avatars for the wrong reasons. thats all,

LL actually don't have a degree of responsibility to deal with what amounts to schoolyard bullying.  They aren't our mum and dad, and unless these griefers are doing something to undermine the very fabric of SL, LL no doubt feel they have enough measures in place for us to take responsibility for ourselves when it comes to griefers and bullies.

Look at the rest of the internet, where cyberbullying goes on all of the time.  One day something might get done about it, there might be some way to shoot an electric current down to the finger ends of a cyberbully for example (can you just imagine this?!).

Very recently, there was a lot of real life rioting taking place in major UK cities. Groups were able to congregate quickly via social networking sites.  Do you think the British Government should shout for the banning of all social networking sites, just because of a relatively few low-life scum causing thousands of pounds of damage and untold emotional scarring to the good people of these cities?

greek, I appreciate that you are very emotional and totally taken over by this constant stream of griefing that you are enduring.  You have to accept that there are good measures in SL to minimise this, and as annoying as it is, if you have estate managers that can also have rights to ban griefers, as well as set your land to only be accessible to avatars over 60 days old in SL, the griefer(s) will eventually move on to something (someone) else.  At the moment it just feels like you can't stop yourself from poking a stick into a wasps nest, and something you are doing, or not doing is causing this griefing to continue for far too long.

Do not be driven out of SL.  You just must though take a step back, a few days off, with no thought of this, look at what is happening in the real world, and see how stupid all of this is in SL.  Is anyone actually threatening your real life? Are you retaliating to this/these griefer(s)?  Deep breaths, think hard, stop biting, calm, calm, calm.  Nothing is worth such a raise in blood pressure, certainly not in a virtual world.  Make yourself some alts, with your partner, go dancing, or take part in activities unrelated to your main Second Life.  And wait, things will become clearer, your anger will dissipate.

well if I was to agree with everyone, then thats fine, if no one has a degree of responibity ,then LL should give me thier ID and let me deal with it, or better still, I should start becoming a greifer, because thats what your saying,I there is no degree

of rules, then I should just join them and give them what they give to me and others, 

As for social networking sites, I think your find that the goverment is looking into blackberry and facebook and seeing if they have some sort of responbity  after those riots if not be sure that the rules will change, I not for a big brother society but its the same old case, place some degree of ordder before its place upon you via Laws.

But going back SL,there are ways of detering cyber trolls or greifers and  LL should look into that, because the vast majity

are not like that in SL so why should we let the minority rule.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.