New skin-same face

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can get a new skin and keep the same shape, which includes the shape of your face. Keeping the same face texture would be much more difficult. You'd need the face texture from the old skin, and the upper & lower body textures from the new, then combine them to form a new skin.

The makers of the new and old skins would have to be persuaded to supply you with these textures. Even if they did, there's a good chance that they wouldn't match up properly at the neckline of your av.

See if you can find the creator of the skin, and check their store for a) an updated version of that skin, or b) a new skin that has the same basic features that you want. As others said, it's unlikely you'll find something exactly the same, but you can look for something similar you like.

What do you like about it? The make-up, the way certain parts of the face are highlighted? Your shape determined your facial structure, but you're right, of course, that the skin makes a big difference in how the face looks. If you like the makeup, you can find makeup tattoo layers and use those to get a similar effect, but if it's the actual coloring/shading of the face you like, it will be harder and your best bet is to find the creator.

You can also message the creator, if you can find them, and ask if they can make you a skin with that face, but "newer" looking.

I update my look about once a year... and spend a lot of time looking/shopping and trying on demos because, like you, I don't want to change my look drastically.  Your appearance is a combination of the skin you wear and the underlying shape.  Here's what I have done in the past, take off your hair and take good front and side pictures of your head/face.  Start looking on the fashion feeds/blogs/flickr for skins that appeal to you.  Track down the vendor/creators and buy the demos.  As you are trying on the demos take the same pictures as you did in your original skin.  This will help you compare the new to the old more objectively. 

Sometimes you have to adjust your shape (lip thickness or width, eye openings, etc) to enhance the appearance of a new skin and bring it closer to what you are comfortable with.  As long as you save your existing shape before you start tweeking it you can always go back to square one.

Once you have found a skin/shape combo you are comfortable with you can buy the actual skin and variation of make-up etc.

you should put up a screenshot of what you look like so we can tell if there is something out there for you..

do you know what skin brand it is or no?

and also..you may just end up liking the new face..a lot of people have the same skins but their shape is what sets them apart from looking the same..

only some small features that are skin related may be the same is all..and your old skin more than likely has those like the others that would be in the same skin as yours..

Raven1 Short wrote:

Thanks so much for the replies. I have no idea who made the skin. It was given to me a long time ago. I will try the ideas you all have given me.

Within your inventory, right click the skin and hit properties... you should be able to tell who the creator is in the window that pops up.

Finding a new skin that works with your shape can take a while.  I have three words for you... demos, demos, demos... just go out and start collecting them.  Then take them home (or wherever), get naked, detach everything and go at it.

Remember that your eyebrow shape will probably look very different from skin to skin, so don't be afraid to play with it a bit (copy it first so you can easily revert back to your original).  Don't get turned off if everything looks alright except for one or two certain parts, the lips for example... that may also be fixable with a slight modification (have a copy of your original shape as well).

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a skin demo whore... I'm constantly picking them up just to see what I'd look like in them.  Very rarely do I find a skin that I doesn't make me look completely different.

So it might take a while to find something just right, but it's something you'll have to go through if you want to retain the approximate appearance to which you've become accustomed.  Even then, it won't look exactly the same, so keep your mind open to the change.  When you do find the perfect one, you'll know it right away... then you'll fall in love with yourself all over again... lol.

...Dres

that looks close to a Celestial skin..i used to wear one myself for the longest time but a darker toned skin..but then again that chin lighting and beauty mark make me think it is from somplace else..maybe Nomine or even a older Moby..

i think you have lots of room to work with while staying very close to your look of your face =)

it's pretty easy to keep the same face  if you can find similar tones and makeup that is very similar..

your shape of your face will never change..but skin tones and shading and hair styles and eyes ect can change the look..

I guess the best thing to ask is ..what are you looking to change in your skin that makes you want to get a new one..

because if it is just wanting different makups or things like tones of skin..i think there are lots of options for you =)

if it is the innocent feel of the skin or younger feel you are wanting to keep..thats pretty easy also..a lot of that is in they eyebrows and eye makup and those bangs just above the eyes..even lip shading and color of lipstick can change that  =)

if you wish you can contact me in world and maybe can help a little better and get a better understanding of what it is you are looking for to change..

i know how it is with not wanting to devolve when it comes to skin shopping.. for me..no matter how pretty the face is ..if one feature is off or makes me feel like i want to hide it or cover it with something..i won't get it..

last tiem i changed my skin it took me months before i found one  that made the back of my neck tingle..thats my sign that it's the one lol

i'm gonna give you one place to try first to see what you think of them..they don't have too overpowering of lighting and shading and give a nice soft natural feel to your skin..

i think you may find something there..

the store is called Rockberry..

i think an LAQ would be to overpowering of a change because of the way thier face of their skin just screams that you have an LAQ on  hehehehe

a Rockberry will still have them asking ..where did you get that skin? hehehehe

here is their market place..try not to look at the models wearing them.. look at the skins themselves..

i would suggest getting a few demos from them  of the tones you like..then seeing how they make you feel..and if this one doesn't work for you  ..you can IM me in world and we can find you somethign that will =)

Rockberry market place store skins

One tip I can give that may help is eyes. So many people put together gorgeous avatars, but forget about the eyes. The part of your avatar that makes me think you might look slightly outdated, other than the skin (which is lovely, but does appear to be a year or two old now, is that your eyes are kind of flat. Lots of places sell eyes; I know Redgrave has some, even, and they'll go a long way towards giving your avi more "depth" and updating her a bit. Just my thoughts ^_^

Raven1 Short wrote:

The above are some examples of brown eyes that I have tried.

look at some of Moby's eyes on the market place..they have beautiful eyes..and also glare  prims for them if you wish to use them..

really just type in eyes and look at a lot of places..there are really good deals on a lot of eyes...

really i think just a really nice textures eyes would have you loving some  other colors..some eyes with a little depth and a touch of glare to them..

there are so many choices now that it's crazyness  lol

also look at some different size eyes as well..you never know what will grab you these days..

it's all shopping and who doesn't love to do that hehehehe *winks*

also you should look as some of the new hair in sl as well..that will make leaps in updating your look..there are so many really nice  options with that same style you have  in the picture..i have a bunch of  updated versions..

is that serina hair that you have on?

girl we could get you updated so fast if you want to ever meet up in world..hehehe...it's much easier showing  these things on grid than it is  finding pics or  showing links from styles...there is nothing like seeing it  in action hehehehe

i wish hair was trans..i could stock you up so much right now with styles that are really nice..i'm  just not weaing them anymore because i changed my look to something else hehehe

Raven1 Short wrote:

The hair is Nikita Fride. Part of my problem with updating is not having much money.

this is why promo's were invented..hehehe for us to find them hehehe

have a look at this demo ..ignore the shape and just try the skin and see what you think..

it's an avatar kit which the full version includes everythign you see..even hair and eyes ect..

the demo is free and the full avatar kit is only i think 250 lindens..

i'm on the market anyways so i thought i would do a check for the hair and founf this kit..there may be some things in it that you may like..

only the skin and shape and eyebrow change comes with the demo..

but the skin may look good on your shape..=)

<> design Complete Avatar "Briana" DEMO

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Raven1 Short wrote:

The hair is Nikita Fride. Part of my problem with updating is not having much money.

this is why promo's were invented..hehehe for us to find them hehehe....

but the skin may look good on your shape..=)

Oh that does look alot like her doesnt it :smileyvery-happy:

And, Oh how I love promos. I'm quikly becoming a shopaholic o.O

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.