New skin-same face

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Raven1 Short wrote:

That is about the closest I've seen that looks like me.

You've been a big help
:)

i think we can match you up even better..that was just something that caught my eye when i was looking for hair..

there are lots more choices out there and such great deals..plus now with tattoo layers  you can really  have a lot to work with as far as options these days..

infact let me get you a link for a place that is all kinds of tattoo's for lips and eye makeups and just all kinds of nice features to dress up skins..

they are always having 55l sales on things..

the store is called Face paint.but they have all kinds of tattoo's

here is their market place link..also you can get to the inworld store from there..it's a good group to join because she is always announcing great sales almost daily..=)

Face Paint

Raven1 Short wrote:

Why is my avatar picture so small?

well a lot of us use the blackground for our different pictures we put on there..there are a couple of places  that you can add images..

like mine has the bouncing  avatar and then my picture on my background image..i saw a thread in the general section that has a link to information about setting up those ..let me grab it real quick and you can see what all it takes to get one on the background if ou are wanting that..

kk here is the link for forum avatar badges..

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/m-p/707025#M190

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Raven1 Short wrote:

Thanks so much for the replies. I have no idea who made the skin. It was given to me a long time ago. I will try the ideas you all have given me.

Within your inventory, right click the skin and hit properties... you should be able to tell who the creator is in the window that pops up.

Finding a new skin that works with your shape can take a while.  I have three words for you... demos, demos, demos... just go out and start collecting them.  Then take them home (or wherever), get naked, detach everything and go at it.

Remember that your eyebrow shape will probably look very different from skin to skin, so don't be afraid to play with it a bit (copy it first so you can easily revert back to your original).  Don't get turned off if everything looks alright except for one or two certain parts, the lips for example... that may also be fixable with a slight modification (have a copy of your original shape as well).

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a skin demo whore... I'm constantly picking them up just to see what I'd look like in them.  Very rarely do I find a skin that I doesn't make me look completely different.

So it might take a while to find something just right, but it's something you'll have to go through if you want to retain the approximate appearance to which you've become accustomed.  Even then, it won't look exactly the same, so keep your mind open to the change.  When you do find the perfect one, you'll know it right away... then you'll fall in love with yourself all over again... lol.

...Dres

It may not be so easy. Many older skins show up with "Creator unknown". Especially demos that's been around for a while. 

You don't really have to. I downloaded gimp to edit my SL photos. For my badge photo (both of them, actually, the little one in the corner and the main one) I just snapped a photo inworld, saved it to my harddrive, and changed the size to the dimensions Suella suggests. To change the size in Gimp, simply crop the image until you have what you like by choosing the crop tool (looks like an Xacto knife), clicking and dragging over the area you want to STAY in the picture, then clicking inside that area. Then right click the image and go to image>scale image. Input the dimensions. (Beside the dimensions boxes is an icon of a linked chain. Click it to unlink it, so you can change each dimension indepently.) Click "scale." Then upload the image just like you did your small image, and when you go to the "social connections" section, after choosing your badge style, browse and find that image. Repeat until you get a badge you like, if you don't like the first one. Done!

If my inexpert tutorial is still pretty confusing - which it probably is - you can also google things like "how to resize in gimp" and get better tutorials ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.