You lot couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery :)

Emma Geraln

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I got your attention.... why don't people use the events listings more?

I'm in world right now and for once I'm at lose end, no renters want me, I'm not DJing and I feel like going somewhere new. I just looked in the events listing for 4pm and as usual it pretty light on activities. Apparently twelve events are taking place in the all of second Life at 4pm and those are the same ones that are always listed by the few people that remember to use this free service.

People look at these listings and if more events got listed more people would use them! Get your events advertised :)

Love you all,

Emma

Emma Geraln wrote:

Now I got your attention.... why don't people use the events listings more?

I'm in world right now and for once I'm at lose end, no renters want me, I'm not DJing and I feel like going somewhere new. I just looked in the events listing for 4pm and as usual it pretty light on activities. Apparently twelve events are taking place in the all of second Life at 4pm and those are the same ones that are always listed by the few people that remember to use this free service.

People look at these listings and if more events got listed more people would use them! Get your events advertised
:)

Love you all,

Emma

Go checkout the BURN2 Sims before they close. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Burning%20Man-%20Silver%20Seed/2/38/2

Super art there :smileyhappy:

Eloise Baily wrote:

Join Flashdancers. A good excuse to turn up at live events.

Actually that sounds like a lot of fun, but couldn't find a group...there are a couple titled that, but they only have 2 or 4 members.  That's not them, is it? :smileysurprised:

Brilliant Syl! and ty for sending the invite to Kylie & I'll make sure Emma gets one! (no obligations to join of course).

Such a diverse group and some really nice folks in it too.

I had no idea Eloise was in flashies! \o/ That's pretty much the type of person who seems to become a flasher .. o.0

.. if u know what I mean *winx. Beg pardon and hiii Eloise :^)

wuhooo Trav will love this, not many flashies read the forums.

Emma Geraln wrote:

Seriously though... I didn't post this becuase I was bored and couldn't find anything to do I don't get why the hundreds of events taking place in SL every day are not listed.

Events listings are free, easy enough to use....

Speaking only for myself, I hardly ever go to my Dashboard any more unless I need to check on transactions or buy $L. I almost never see the Upcoming Event list any more. I used to check it all the time. My Dashboard used to be my first SL stop of the day every day, because it had everything PLUS what was new in the Forums. Since the Forum notices went away I usually start my SL day in the Forums or the SLums.

You're right, though. The list was a great source of information on what whas happening. I usually used it to find classes or a chance to get a clue about stuff but there was a ton of entertainment advertised, too.  I would think people who aren't regular Forum readers/writers (as most residents are not) would use the Dashboard all the time.  Makes zero sense not to list events there.

I've never had trouble listing an event, I use the work Rock all the time :) .... 

... Of course if your friend was listing something like:

C*m down and get your rocks off at our super spanky bonking club... Lots of naked humans, furrries and other mamanls... :D...

Maybe the filter got it...

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Brilliant Syl! and ty for sending the invite to Kylie & I'll make sure Emma gets one! (no obligations to join of course).

Such a diverse group and some really nice folks in it too.

I had no idea Eloise was in flashies! \o/ That's pretty much the type of person who seems to become a flasher .. o.0

.. if u know what I mean *winx. Beg pardon and hiii Eloise :^)

wuhooo Trav will love this, not many flashies read the forums.

woot I love to dance and just joined! :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.