$1L Group Liability

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anybody know why I would suddenly get a $1L charge to my account for a group liability on an old group I created a long time ago that owns no land?  I know the $15L charge for having my store parcel show in search, but, as I said, this other group of mine owns no land.  The 1L isn't the issue, just want to know why the charge would suddenly show up like this.

Yeah there is funy stuff showing in the land tab on those groups.

How it's supposed to work: Group charges for the week are divided by how many members have the liabilities flag, and the system spreads out the pain as even as it can.

How it worked this week: Everybody in the group with the liabilities flag got charged L$1, looks like the real amount got ignored.

If the payout part is working, maybe there will be more wild excitement tonight when the system tries to pay off all those group balances that shouldn't be there.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

The group accounts should offer some clue as to where the charge originated & also what the amount of the total charge was, if it has been divided between members.

Howdy, Miss Peewee!

I hadn't thought of looking at the group account *facepalms*.  I'll check there to see if I can find anything.  Thank you!

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Hi Marcus...I put it down to another one of LL's screwy glitches. It happens to me randomly with a couple of my groups, no rhyme or reason to the frequency of it
:(

Well howdy, Miss Kylie!  (I love that name. :smileyhappy:)

Well if it's happened to you too with no rhyme or reason, then yes, a glitch.  Seems we've been having more and more little glitches recently. 

/me doesn't like glitches

Thanks for responding!

Incoherendt Randt wrote:

Yeah there is funy stuff showing in the land tab on those groups.

How it's supposed to work: Group charges for the week are divided by how many members have the liabilities flag, and the system spreads out the pain as even as it can.

How it worked this week: Everybody in the group with the liabilities flag got charged L$1, looks like the real amount got ignored.

If the payout part is working, maybe there will be more wild excitement tonight when the system tries to pay off all those group balances that shouldn't be there.

My group that owns the parcel where my store sits got charged the regular "show in search" fee yesterday, but then this $1L group liability shows up in my transaction report yesterday as well, Miss Incoherendt, for a completely different group that has not owned land in a long time, has nothing rezzed on my store parcel...wait...........if one of the other group members in my group rezzed something on their and set it to find in search, would THAT cause the charge?   

I wouldn't go looking for direct causes, I wouldn't go blaming the groups or the members. I got a 1L$ charge off of the second life birthday group, which is Linden owned, and according to the group role details I'm not even flagged for paying/receiving group liabilities. Whatever the cause it's either a bug or some sort of test.

I wish the Labbies and Labbettes would at least tell the general public that they have screwed up I've already had a bunch of irate group members poking my ass with their pitch forks demanding to know why my group is liberating their 1 linden's for group liability

^L^

Lasher Oh wrote:

I wish the Labbies and Labbettes would at least tell the general public that they have screwed up I've already had a bunch of irate group members poking my ass with their pitch forks demanding to know why my group is liberating their 1 linden's for group liability

^L^

no chance, they stopped admitting failure years ago.

In the past I have put in a ticket and got them to refund me.  I even did it once for 1L!  At the time I still thought that me complaining might feed back to the developers, most time the 1L issue is because of an error in their rounding calc in the code.

These days I know better than to waste my time.

Oh my gosh! Now I see what happened.

Our lindens have been meeroo-ed.  If you keep your lindens in your inventory for too long, without feeding them,  they run off to the wild.

Am I the only one who thinks this is taking the Meeroo trend just a tad too far.....?

Edited To Add:

The problem is ongoing.  I just got hit on a couple of avatars including a test avatar that had no lindens.  That avatar can no longer buy from the market place now.  Thanks LL......I will not hold my breath for a fix or a refund knowing that any fix or refund would probably break 60 other things even after the "fix" had been "tested" before deployment.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Did anyone get this repaid? Or did LL just ignore it and hope no one notices?

I noticed I got hit for full liabilities last tuesday and I definately didn't get refunded for the groups I own nor afaik for the SL Birthday group.

No, I never got mine repaid.  Neither did the others in my group that were charged the $1L.  LL kept the money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.