Clearing Friends list?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I have never spoken to them before and they just throw out a friend offer without really talking to me, they don't last long. But if I've talk and gotten to know someone and feel that they are good inside, even not hearing from them I keep them. I mean whats the harm. Not really taking up a lot of space.

A lot of my friends I don't really talk to much, but it's nice to know they're there.:)

ETA You could send a IM too, goes both ways.

I prefer a smaller friends list, quality over quantity. After a week or so of no interaction I remove them. Worst case scenario you either re-add them at a later date. There is a lovely search tool that is under used that allows one to look up various avatars when you need to contact one of them.

Ricky40 wrote:

Looking for yout opinions. When you meet someone and they add you as a freind, and you don't hear from them after that, how long do you let it go before you remove them?

i find deleting friends to be rather **bleep**,. they arent doing any harm in your list.

but each to their own, even if it makes one look like a control freak...

getting upset because someone hasnt spoken to you for a while = too much time on your own :smileywink:

I never add people so quickly in the first place, I am most of the time too busy with stuff left and right around the grid and not really interested in much social blah blah. The agreement I make in 99.9% of the cases is that if someone needs me they can IM me anytime for a chat or a question, the rest 0.1% ends up mostly in my bed. So in my case I don't need to clear my list really because my list is very small, but what is in there is YUMMY!!!! :matte-motes-whistle: *meows*

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Probably about a year, when I can't even remember who they are, because I don't bother cleaning friends list more often than that.  What I DO recommend is creating sub-folders of people within your friends list in inventory.  That's how I keep customers, suppliers, friends, colleagues, etc. organised.

What a great idea.

Thanks!

whenever it gets too cluttered.... but I don't just add random people I might have waved at... so in my several years now, I've done it twice on general principle.

there are some I leave in no matter what... I have one that hasn't logged on in years, and I've cleared ones that I've had for less than a month. depends on how important they are to me.

A similiar topic was in the Friends section too 6 days ago. 

I'll repeat myself for a change now:

I clean my contacts list frequently. Friends are friends, don't delete them usually. Unless it turns out it became a hollow phrase for whatever reason. What I never do is leave a name because of old times sake or whatever. (I personally think people tend to leave names because they don't want to 'hurt' others or don't want others to think how rude they are.)

In my profile I am very clear about friendships though. If I say hi to someone and because of that a friendship is offered, I usually decline. Sometimes a person makes me curious and then I'll accept. If however it turns out to become one way traffic with me as initiator I'll delete the person after all.

quoted from: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Make-Friends/Deleting-Contacts/td-p/1091225/page/2

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.