Missing Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I logged in today and notice my account was -6Ls. I started out with 0Ls and now have -6. I checked my transaction history and came across this. Can someone explain it please? T&K Ranch is my husband's group for our land.

DetailDebitCreditBalance
08/23/201101:27:48b3843613Destination: T&K Ranch
Group Liability 
L$6   L$-6

If the land is listed in search, the weekly L$30 fee is divided between all members by default. This is called group liability. Many people forget to turn this off when setting up a group.

ETA: You can find this setting in the Roles tab of the group window, in the "Allowed Abilities" list under "Accounting".

ETA 2: Unless you happen to be a group owner, in which case it can't be turned off.

It means that the group role you have in the group is set to share the costs of the group. Things like listing group land in search.

To turn this off a group manager with permissions must click off the "pay group liabilities..." checkbox under group accounting options.

Katerina Tiponi wrote:

ROFL! That would work but it's taking the money from him, too. I checked his transaction history.

Wait, so...you actually figured he stole it and broke into his account to go get it back and found out he was charged to and then came here to ask!!! :o wow, this is to funny lol. He might have to watch our for you, you can not only pay him back for the 6L but might have taken all his stuff, logged in and then played around with his avatar and made him wish he had never bothered! Dangerous gal!

Lol, Pep, good one!

There is a poor guy over in Answers that is having a real billing nightmare...picked this sentence out of his post, because everytime I look at it, I want to read it a different way...IDK, just struck me as funny :) 

"As an answer the issue is that one, what the LL ask me it's to call them on the phone, but the employe wont talk to me CAUSE i'm not a mother tongue english speaker."

Hope he gets his issue straightened out and glad Katerina's is solved. 

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.