Looking for inspiration, any idea's?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A better question, I think, is what do you want it to look like?  Start Googling for house pictures or go to your local newsstand and pick up copies of Architectural Digest or any of the zillion trade magazines that cater to home buyers/builders/rmodelers.  Or, just drive around town and look out the window.  The world is full of houses to get ideas from.

Do you have any books, magazines?  Know anything about archtector?  I think of a concept and then try look at real world designs or fantasy, sci fi comics, magainzes for inspiration.   There is soooo much you can look at and doesnt invove going out late at night :).  Read up on some of the german,Scandinavian, Japanese architecture.   If you are using prims its not always possible to fit them into sl but I have seen some really nice builds on marketplace.   Just keep your eyes open :)              

I didn't ssay WHERE to wander, because there are so many places... RL, books, television, google, inworld SL, marketplace...

and often times the most novel ideas come not from looking at what's already out there to be improved, but from something completely unrelated.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

I think it would be cool if we could wear bird's wings and live in cute little birdhouses.

Wait...this just in...we can!

Hurray! I think I shall be a sparrow!
:D

Ok, you know I only post because I really want to know....do these birdatars have some kind of poop AO function wherein large odd white and black/brown turds fly as they fly over the good residents of SL? Heck, are they going to make these ONLy cleanable with some kind of bottle of spray we will have to buy and the bottle will animate our avatars and spray out particles of water and so on? This is sounding a bit like a breedables product! Like poop used to extort money :( Sad stuff....I hope this is not so.

On a more merchant minded post, HEY....house maker + avatar maker = special animated houses with animated furniture in them that work with the avatars special AO! Or, the housemaker could figure out how to make the avatars and animations and do this themselves. Like, you make a goblin and then his hut/cave or whatever he lives in....depends on what mythological based story I guess. But, you can see where this goes!

AND, on a sort of"ehy they already did this" Ihave to say...they are called avarians! They like to play birds...I remember driving a offroader around an area and there was these talking birds there. I avioded them, so was rather rude to my hosts...but they got traffic nd didn't seem to mind! I would have left if they told me. Needless to say, I don't hang there much these days....uh...yeah. Talking bird people are called avarians!

I have been salivating all my life over cute houses of all kinds (the kind that I will never live in, in RL). Pictures and traveling around remind me of them, so I always have some style or texture version in mind that I want to build. (Customers give me ideas, too.)

Hello Lola:)

I would like you to make a house that fits into 1024sqm plot. This house needs to have two,maybe 3 floors.

One floor is for friends to hang out when they come, needs to have a smal pool inside and a few sitting things (whatever u prefer). 

Second floor is for my photo studio, just an empty space where I can put my posestands and props. I would like it to be at the top with opened roof so i can use the light from sun too:) and huuuge windows haha

And one of the floors is all up to you, make something that fits the other two lol, or just make 2 floors. I don't need a bedroom with a bed, but if you think the house needs it, make it:)

Not sure do I want stairs or teleports between the floors...

Colors - red and silver combined with any dark wood texture (I like wenge), I also want alot of light. Many windows as bigger as you can make them. White floors. Maybe few plants, not flowers, just green leaves. One or two fountains;) I like the water and the sound of the water...

Also, not more than a 200 prims, and a price too, not more than a 200-300$L

if you like the idea I can show you some houses that i bought and wanted to modify to fit me

One exercise is to make a list of as many possible assumptions about the design process, and then make a list of what would be the opposite assumption.

If you try to build a structure using an opposite set of assumptions, you'll find that you can't use all of them, but you should be able to use some of them.

At the end of the process, consider what actually would be an improvement and what would only be an improvement by virtue of conforming to your original set of assumptions.

Is there a reason that we do everything the way we do it?

Always?

Really?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.