SL hoxes

NikitaJ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a place where LL has a list of SL Hoaxes?

IE: when people send out msg's telling you to delete Items and or not rez them because they will steal your $L and these items are in just about everyones inventory

6 answers to this question

Not that I am aware of, and I have to wonder who would create and maintain such a list ..... and who would even define what qualifies as a hoax.

ETA:  I think the example you just added to your OP sounds more like misinformation rather than a hoax.  There are plenty of people in SL who have false ideas about the way things work, and feel no hesitation about spreading the word.  They aren't trying to fool you.  They genuinely believe that you can fly faster if you keep clicking your mouse all the time, or that it's OK to use temp rezzers to increase your parcel's prim allowance. 

no list i know of but a good rule to remember is if you didn't hear it from a linden it's not true 
often these scare rumours come about because one merchant or person has issues with another merchant or person and they really want to damage their reputation a lot of the time the rumours you see have been regurgitated many times over the years and i suspect by noobs who really don't know their a lie

NikitaJ wrote:

Is there a place where LL has a list of SL Hoaxes?

IE: when people send out msg's telling you to delete Items and or not rez them because they will steal your $L and these items are in just about everyones inventory

Welcome to Second Life Answers, NikitaJ.

There isn't a list of SL hoaxes, and to be honest, in the three plus years I've been a resident of Second Life, I haven't come across any hoaxes. 

However, use your commonsense.  Never accept an object from someone you do not know.  Never click on a box that may drop down onto your screen asking you for linden dollars (unless you are shopping and have requested to buy an item!), and if you see an object in your inventory that you do not recognise, do not rezz it.

Have fun in SL, and stay safe!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.