The best way to increase visitors in second life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend with the crazy, clearly subversive, idea that you should provide lots of content for them to buy that they'll like if you're a shop, and I suppose lots of things that they'll like to do if you're a venue.

She's got this wild notion that if she can build an insane amount of good enjoyable products for low prices, the fools will come by and buy the stuff.

Laugh at her, but it seems to be working.

To be even more underhanded, she joins hunts and helps other builders in making team products.

Just wish I could be a busy body enough to put out the amount of good goods she does...

AmyNevilly wrote:

I wonder if anyone could tell me what is the best way to increase visitors to your land in second life? :matte-motes-smitten:

I think the obvious answer is to keep on asking leading questions in threads you've created in oder to draw peoples' attention to the traffic-increasing service you advertise in your signature. But, hey, what do I know?

I don't mean to dump on your post about this and sure your intentions are very honorable however, it seems to me that almost all of your post are probing questions that point back to the services you sell.  While I am strong advocate of solution selling, I do find that your postings seem to be a back door to sell your own services.

As this forum is not necessarily a place for you to promote your products, you may want to consider another vehicle as this is really not an ad board.

It would be like me asking "What is the best way to light a scene" when I already have a pre-determined response which is clandestinely hidden behind what service I provide.

AmyNevilly wrote:

I wonder if anyone could tell me what is the best way to increase visitors to your land in second life? :matte-motes-smitten:

Don't do a hard sell. For instance, don't send out too much group notice spam, spam forums, etc.

And just forget those annoying animated banners. If people don't already have them disabled by using Adblock, they tend to run in the other direction.

Where I live there is a Big name Coffee Shop that has ads everywhere you look. TV, Radio, magazine, billboards... well you get the picture any Saturday Morning you can go in there and get a cup on coffee. There is also a another coffee that does not advertise at all. Try going there on a Saturday Morning and the line of people is going out the door. Sometimes you have to wait an hour or more for a table and you know what? People do it!

Why would this be so?

Quality, People and variety.  The coffee shop that does not advertise makes a better product and the locals know it. It is one of those cases where you tell 2 people and they tell 2 people and next thing you know... well you get the picture.

So don't try so hard. Just make a good product and talk to us like we are people and not consumers. You don't need a big banner just put: "Curious about how I make money in SL?" and then just put a small link. Less is more I always sometimes say but more often then not. :smileytongue: 

Gifts, specially L$-denominated credit cards and make group-only, so that people have to join your group to use them. Then join large freebie groups like Free Style, etc; and promote your gift cards through them. You will soon let 1,000s of people know who you are and what you're selling. You will soon build up a clientele if people like your stuff.

if it's just land then not much really but making a sand box out of it..

whats the theme? whats there that you are providing..

for me it changes like the wind..if there is nothing there  that separates it from the other sims..it's just gonna be  luck of the draw that anyone comes there..

a good way to go about it is to ask yourself..if i were just a user tooling around..what would draw me to someones sim?

if you keep coming up with gimicks that gets them there and they leave right away.. then it's time to re-ask yourself the same question again..because gimmicks don't work for very long if they work at all..

AmyNevilly wrote:

CharLie.jpg

SEX.  Lots and lots of SEX.  Lot's of pretty nekkid Female avatars ready and willing to cyber with any man who comes by.  Oh, and did I say SEX.  After all, it is a known fact that SEX SELLS.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.