1980s Apparel & Makeup?

Stella Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Second Life community!

I have been searching and searching my heart out for clothing, accessories and makeup that resembles those of the '80s. Can anybody help find some for me? Consider oversized tops, leggings, chunky jewelry, jackets, bright colors, rolled-up jeans, legwarmers, sunglasses, watches... Anyone who lived through the 1980s knows what I'm talking about.

Although I haven't lived in the 1980s, I fully comprehend the "it" factor of '80s clothing. It's just sooo hard to find -- hopefully, it's not non-existant! 

I am going for the teen / young adult look rather than the middle-aged trends (e.g., business suits, shoulder pads, pantyhose, mature makeup), but anything that is '80s would be awesome!

Thank you so much!
Just post here if you have any questions.

~ Stella

Try searching for some old Madonna photos to see "the look" of that time period.

There are lots of 80's style items, though some are more expensive than others, so it depends on what you want to spend.

To bring up the pricing guide on Marketplace, you need to hit 'see all categories' which is located near the lower left hand side of the Marketplace page (you may need to scroll down a little to see it.  I'll post a link to Marketplace at end of this post).

On Marketplace you can search for all kinds of things, leggings, chunky boots, scrunchy socks (which are kind of expensive imo, Maitreya or however that is spelled charges 450 linden for two pair of scrunchy socks), so I have an alternative for you if you want the socks with pumps look, go inworld to Creative Kaoz Designs and there you will find lace socks and lace gloves for 25 linden a pair, or I think 100 linden for a fat pack.  I think that is a cute start to achieving that Madonna retro look with the lace socks and gloves. 

Just yesterday I saw some leggings on promo for a very low price (to see the promos, you need to hit shopping (look above to the left of where it says community), then the Marketplace options show, and then click on "view best selling items", I think it's called which is located towards the right of the marketplace page.  There are some great promo deals right now on Marketplace.  And I will be placing an order today for a couple of 95 linden promo items.  I hope I get 'em before they sell out!   They looked sort of 80ish to me. 

Once you are on Marketplace page, you need to hit 'view best sellers' which is also located to the left side of the Marketplace page, just below see all categories, to view the current promo items, which are a very good deal. 

To avoid a delivery failure, make sure u reboot your computer before checking out from marketplace in case anything has updated and also log into your viewer to make sure everything is working good with your viewer such as no rolling restart times, etc. 

There are fantastic deals on Marketplace, but do make sure you have an all clear before checking out from MP.  Marketplace will also store your items, so u don't need to checkout right away.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search

sorry, had to write fast as I'm ready to run out the door for rl.  Good luck and have fun today! 

ETA:  Sorry Stella I had to write so fast, talk on the phone and fly out the door.  Once you find Marketplace (which has incredible searching tools), hit apparel, then chose women's, and that way you will be searching only thru the women's items.  Again, best of luck on your search! 

if your inworld and want some cool leggins search for Gato they're cheap about L$40 they might have other 80's apparel you may want to consider a lace crop top or crop vest something like https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/mon-tissu-Lace-Crop-Top-White/2276639 SF designs does some nice pixie boots leather jackets were in and Skifija does a really good one 
if you need more inspiration Madonna and Cyndi Lauper videos really show off 80's style 

At risk of "plugging" my own stuff my "Color Blitz" eye make up range is "80's inspired".

The colored-packs from my extreme Wings range might also work for an 80's look, especially some of the more vivid tones (you need to use a veiwer that allows multiple tattoo layers to use these though).

I have some budget leggings, although only the bright blue pair seems all that 80's in style to me (I was thinking of the 80s when I added that particular pair).  I'll be adding some more colors to this range when I get around to it.  I've been a bit lazy with my shop lately...

I have encountered some good chunky jewellery but for the life of me, I cannot remember where...  I've definately seen legwarmers for sale too.  Someone brought out a builder's sculpty pack for leg warmers and I noticed quite a few creators were offereing their own version from this pack about 2 months ago (they were showing up routinely on the market's home page in the paid adverts and recent sales displays) so there are definately leg warmers out there on the grid somewhere.

Have you looked at "Airflow"?  I've got a nice pair of rolled up (on the knee) jeans as a freebie, and from memory they came from a place called airflow. 

A few leads from the marketplace

Arm wamers!

80's look tights

Freebie leg warmers

Good luck.

Stella, I don't have any suggestions (but it looks like several other people had good ideas). I was just writing to say what a giggle I got out of your signature! It looks as if it might have been written for a certain friend Sylvia and I have in common. I've copied it to show her later.

/me waves to Sylvia

Oh Dillon, she's gonna kill you and then beat me.:0 to the op, check out Coco, not an 80's store but there are some pieces I think Madonna would L o v e. Chunky jewelry I am noticing a lot of lately, I will suggest giving Euphoria a look. Like has been said, lots of leggings out there, try the Truth Shopping District, they have some wild stuff out there.

Here's a photo of Madonna with the lace gloves.  This is why I bought the lace gloves too to achieve that look but my avatar doesn't look good in every thing, so the 80's look is just so-so on my avatar.  Cute photo, nonetheless.

madonna-like-a-virgin[1].jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.