do you garden?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lots of pix of various seasonal changes on my land...But not all translate well to photos. Here is one I like.

Last June, 2010, front corner of Changing Rooms. That's my av. I had just finished doing most of the landscaping.

This year Dallows is super laggy for some reason, so I haven't been able to rez the plants I want. Too many textures just adds to lag.

MelitaCornerOfCRJune28_2010 sm.png

• Like 1

my stuff is nothing compared to what my girl can make :D I love nature in both worlds and its nice to see what other people build in their sims or homes... I think alone the construction of my forest has cost me over 15000 L but its so worth it :D my girl has her favortie spots in that tree I was hanging off of and I usually lie on my waterfall ::D nothing more peaceful than just chilling in your own created garden of your imagination :D 

Now I think the work is (almost) done, I wish to share it with you and thank you all for all the fantastic pics you posted. Keep them coming! A garden is never finished! Please show your latest changes, arrangements, treasures of creativity and imagination! You are all brilliant!

garden.jpg

• Like 1

So heres my updated stuff :) Tell me what you think since I said I would post it, butterflys ... lighting... and that backdrop on the one side is removed and filled in with another 20 trees instead to give it a more realistic look 

homesweet_001.JPG

homesweet_002.JPG

homesweet_004.JPG

homesweet_005.JPG

homesweet_006.JPG

homesweet_007.JPGSince you guys Liked the waterfall figured I'd show you the update with the rainbow lighting and butterflys :) 

Last pic My 1st set had this bottom one with teh backdrop tell me with or without ? 

homesweet_003.JPG

• Like 4

@valerie: It looks great -- I really like that house too.

@kryptic: Great job and good pictures. I prefer it without the backdrop.

I'm afraid my pictures will pale in comparison to the preceding two posts, but here are a few more shots.

Gentoo cabin and grove 20110714.jpg

This cabin has been tweaked over the years, but it still has some prims and textures from 2006 when I built it

Gentoo dock and rowboat w WL 20110714.jpg

Nothing much growing here, but I like the shot.

Gentoo deer in grove 20110714.jpg

Gentoo grove 20110712.jpg

A couple shots of the grove that was in my first set of pictures.

• Like 4

valerie Inshan wrote:

What a lovely garden Melita! How nice all these flowers and plants composition overlooking the sea! It looks so peaceful :smileyhappy:

Thank you Valerie! I hated to tear that corner up when the 'seasons changed.'

The place is rather uninspired this year so far. Partly due to lag, and partly due to the inventory being so big I can't find what I want and forget what I have. (I try to sort it.) And partly because I just haven't been there so much.

Everyone's pix are great. Great topic idea Valerie.

I just LOVE those pics Parhelion! So much creativity and beauty here! The boat picture is splendid: the light settings are just perfect. And your 4th photo is beautifully mysterious.

You all guys are so inspired and inspiring! Great job! :smileyhappy:

Thank you valerie, you're very kind. In hopes of keeping the thread going so more pictures of more gardens will arrive, here are a couple from a temporary build at Nonprofit Commons for a 1920s Lawn Party. Since the party's location was a flat grassy area surrounded by distinctly non-1920s buildings, the area needed to be isolated from its surroundings.

Aloft Garden Party 2 20110715.jpg

Aloft Garden Party 1 20110715.jpg

This was built from stuff in inventory. Most came from Heart with a few things from Botanical and Organica.

I know there are a lot of talented gardeners out there, so how about some pictures?

Parhelion, wow, simply wow. The pic of your cabin, the trees and the misty feel in the forest behind is stunning.

Valerie and Kryptic, such beautiful creations.

Melita your garden loverlooking the sea is lovely.

All these pics make me smile.  Makes me want to work on my garden that I never quite finished :-)

That is nice house you have there Valerie... did you built that house? I really like asymetrical and lofty houses like that.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Now I think the work is (almost) done, I wish to share it with you and thank you all for all the fantastic pics you posted. Keep them coming! A garden is never finished! Please show your latest changes, arrangements, treasures of creativity and imagination! You are all brilliant!

garden.jpg

Thank you Ceres. I bought this house from Gaudion Architecture, a very talented designer who creates many houses which remid me the Frank Lloyd Wright ones. :smileyhappy: I just fell in love with this one fitting so well in a forest and meadows landscape!

Thank you for keeping posting such beautiful pictures and keeping this thread alive Parhelion! Too bad I am at the country for the week end with a poor laptop! I will post updates of my landscaping tomorrow, it is evoluting almost everyday! :smileywink:

:D thanks for all the feedback guys :) I plan to build more today since I bought another 45 trees from alurium (imo better than botanic for trees) if anyone really wants to see it I'd be more than willing to tp  you to my land :) Just toss me an IM 

@ the others that have posted Wow those are beautiful I absolutly love what you guys do, and its awesome to see Everyones style that they enjoy ^.^ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.