Update from Patch Linden on "Spicy Content"

20 minutes ago, NaomiLocket said:

How close to the rest of the lands do you think they'd put these suggested continent size landmasses? Zindra's just floating away out there like another realm.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 150518.png

Good question. I'd be inclined, if I were them, to plop them somewhere out there near it, probably. But then you never know, they might have something completely different planned. Or to be planned.

Also, I think Innula is correct in her post above me. It just makes way better sense from the perspective of a company trying to grow and evolve its product or service to launch into new things even when previous projects aren't finished.

And it makes better sense to move the userbase towards the newer, ideally better, stuff, and eventually drop previous incomplete, not-as-well-liked, or shrivelling-up-like-a-dried-out-sixth-finger-about-to-fall-off projects.

It helps if one doesn't think of it all as some linear, goal-oriented path. It's more like a garden in the backyard of a mad scientist; it mutates like any other healthy organism. I kind of like that.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Why would LL want to devote Linden and Mole resources to finishing Zindra rather than to developing new content, be it this new Spicy project, updating existing Linden Homes and developing new themes, or working on the regular schedule of seasonal events?

What's the advantage to LL or to SL residents in general?    Certainly I'm more interested in seeing more themes on Bellisseria and a new Adult version of Bellisseria, particularly if it also has shops available too, than I am in seeing one of LL's less attractive projects completed.

I would have thought it would be relatively easy to do.

Placing the regions, some terraforming, completing the roads and a bit of landscaping and then they just need to parcel it up and set it for sale.

It would also be easy money as would sell quickly like everything else has done in Zindra and would have added advantage of adding value to the regions they connect to.

So easy and lucrative, I don't see a reason not to.

They might not have a plan to do so, but unlike other options I don't really see a need for much more planning than a 30 minute meeting (primarily to ensure they don't sell the land before the roads have been put in) and an email to the teams required to tell them to go make it happen.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

Under your plan it survives.  Under my plan it would thrive.   New markets, new opportunities for content creators.   Less regulation hurdles.  We could even open entire continents to the religious right.  

Oh before I forget

**Touching Grass**
Bare feet on dew-kissed blades,
Earth's embrace whispers secrets,
Roots entwine our souls.

💖Be Well!💖

Seek help. Please.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait.

Are we talking "sex"?

Or "horror"?

Well if Zindra adult it would be both.

You wouldn't want your young lover being put off by the sounds your husband makes when he is having a CBT session with his Mistress in the basement would you? Best get that basement soundproofed too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Why would LL want to devote Linden and Mole resources to finishing Zindra rather than to developing new content, be it this new Spicy project, updating existing Linden Homes and developing new themes, or working on the regular schedule of seasonal events?

What's the advantage to LL or to SL residents in general?    Certainly I'm more interested in seeing more themes on Bellisseria and a new Adult version of Bellisseria, particularly if it also has shops available too, than I am in seeing one of LL's less attractive projects completed.

LOL, less attractive? Zindra is the most desirable location in all of Second Life. You could triple the size of Zindra and it would fill up tomorrow.

And yet you want to see a whole new adult continent? What makes this new adult continent more wholesome and attractive than Zindra?

Wait I know why.

Because LL will sit on the whole place so tight that it will squeeze all the "real" adult activity out of it, it will be adult "lite" the the uptight masses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

I would have thought it would be relatively easy to do.

Placing the regions, some terraforming, completing the roads and a bit of landscaping and then they just need to parcel it up and set it for sale.

It would also be easy money as would sell quickly like everything else has done in Zindra and would have added advantage of adding value to the regions they connect to.

So easy and lucrative, I don't see a reason not to.

They might not have a plan to do so, but unlike other options I don't really see a need for much more planning than a 30 minute meeting (primarily to ensure they don't sell the land before the roads have been put in) and an email to the teams required to tell them to go make it happen.

They could have finished Zindra in no time compared to the endless adding on to Belli.

Oh no... we want more Belli themes.. give us more controlled fun... don't make us move to the degenerate hellscape called Zindra

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

A better option would be to remove all adult content from Second Life all together.  There is plenty to do in SL without it.  A sizable proportion of the user base, including yours truly, has nothing to do with it.  So, there would be plenty to do in SL after removing the minority of users that only log in for that type of content. 

Just about everything that is causing problems in SL can be traced back to the inclusion of adult content.  The issues with the credit card, paypal, and other payment processors.  The removal of adult content would alleviate all that.  New laws that require invasive age verification be implemented.   Remove adult content and that all goes away.  Without adult content on the platform both Apple and Google wouldn't have any issues with including a mobile app.    Getting rid of adult content would solve most, if not all of SL publicity problems. 

Let's look at the business opportunities that removing the adult content would open up.  Second Life is restricted to being an adult platform because of the inclusion of adult material.  By removing it the age of participation in the platform could be be lowered to 13 or lower.  It is common knowledge that preteens and teenagers have more disposable income to spend on games and other trivial entertainment.   An influx of users in this age bracket would be a gold mine to both creators and the Lab in general.  

There simply is no downside to removing adult content from the platform.   

LOL, you really must hate Second Life. Remove all adult content, Second Life will be dead within 6 months.

Don't worry, they just opened up second life up to 13 year olds with their android phone app... its rated for teens now doncha know.

Teens would die of boredom in here, except the ones that come for the sex that is.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Good question. I'd be inclined, if I were them, to plop them somewhere out there near it, probably. But then you never know, they might have something completely different planned. Or to be planned.

Also, I think Innula is correct in her post above me. It just makes way better sense from the perspective of a company trying to grow and evolve its product or service to launch into new things even when previous projects aren't finished.

And it makes better sense to move the userbase towards the newer, ideally better, stuff, and eventually drop previous incomplete, not-as-well-liked, or shrivelling-up-like-a-dried-out-sixth-finger-about-to-fall-off projects.

It helps if one doesn't think of it all as some linear, goal-oriented path. It's more like a garden in the backyard of a mad scientist; it mutates like any other healthy organism. I kind of like that.

Are you are suggesting they close down Zindra, and move all the adult activities to the new Belli adult lite?

Talk about a total fail 😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

At yesterdays SL21B with the Product Operations team, both Derrick and Patch Linden revealed more about LL's announcement at the end of last year that the Lab is turning its attention to ”the spicier side of Second Life.”

Yes, this was in reply to the question I posed via the form (although I initially directed it to the LDPW meeting, so I was surprised that it popped out at this meeting instead).

Sadly, Zindra is going to be left in the poor state it is, and exiled away from the rest of SL's continents, like if it were a place for the plagued ! 😢😠

As for the rest of the reply, it was extremely vague, and apparently geared towards recruiting new ”Adult” SLers rather than towards better supporting existing ones. 😢

But, hey, you can still perseverate (something I'm pretty good at) and vote here. If enough people ask about improvements to Zindra, maybe we will get a few...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Are you are suggesting they close down Zindra, and move all the adult activities to the new Belli adult lite?

Talk about a total fail 😂

Not suggesting it, just mentioning it might end up happening. Or some version of that. Not to be surprised by such possibilities, anyway.

Who knows, they might leave Zindra as it is, and just add more (newer) regions nearby. It's what makes the most sense to me. If a whole continent was already making me bucks, I'd let it stay right there as it is.

At the same time though, if I was looking to expand (say, by adding more adult-oriented areas), I'd tend to focus on the expansion over what was already there.

If I was them, anyway. I have no idea how it's all going to turn out.

Edited by PheebyKatz

1 hour ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Yes, this was in reply to the question I posed via the form (although I initially directed it to the LDPW meeting, so I was surprised that it popped out at this meeting instead).

Sadly, Zindra is going to be left in the poor state it is, and exiled away from the rest of SL's continents, like if it were a place for the plagued ! 😢😠

As for the rest of the reply, it was extremely vague, and apparently geared towards recruiting new ”Adult” SLers rather than towards better supporting existing ones. 😢

But, hey, you can still perseverate (something I'm pretty good at) and vote here. If enough people ask about improvements to Zindra, maybe we will get a few...

LL actually hates adult content, so they hate Zindra. They want adult content they can control tighter, hence their proposed Belli Adult Lite.

The want you to be adult, but in a clean, controlled way.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
took out extra be
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Wait I know why.

Because LL will sit on the whole place so tight that it will squeeze all the "real" adult activity out of it, it will be adult "lite" the the uptight masses.

rich and complex life is about choices that enable greater diversity and complexity

life doesn't have to be restricted to a unary choice. Choose One or None. I am all meh myself on Bellisseria, but lots of people love it. So thats a good thing.  Same with Belli-A.  Lots of people will love it and I will be all meh! but I can choose not to go there, is my life and I can choose for myself. Just like others choose for themselves and is none of my business what they choose

and if Belli-A was there for people to choose for themselves then thats a good thing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

rich and complex life is about choices that enable greater diversity and complexity

life doesn't have to be restricted to a unary choice. Choose One or None. I am all meh myself on Bellisseria, but lots of people love it. So thats a good thing.  Same with Belli-A.  Lots of people will love it and I will be all meh! but I can choose not to go there, is my life and I can choose for myself. Just like others choose for themselves and is none of my business what they choose

and if Belli-A was there for people to choose for themselves then thats a good thing

Is LL gonna give me a 4096 on Belli Adult Lite? I don't think so. Everyone will be restricted to having their Adult Lite bordello on a 1024. Sure have your Belli Adult Lite, but Zindra needs to be completed as well

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

[...] Zindra is the most desirable location in all of Second Life. [...]

For sale flag density is too high to consider it the most desirable.Screenshot2024-06-28185638.thumb.png.0286dbc136dfc021c74063981c220e19.png

While transactionally beneficial technically if it were they actually change hands quickly, repeatedly changing hands and no development really being done would also describe low value land that has no real desire for.

Granted though it has a lot of dot presence in some places without speaking to the quality of the presence.Screenshot2024-06-28190148.thumb.png.cd9134ce1a6224018c997d36faeeb34c.pngIf you look hard enough you can find built up and developed areas with less sell-off and wait.Screenshot2024-06-28190110.thumb.png.fe466fd1b12c1c2821edbf9053929757.png

Edited by NaomiLocket
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Is LL gonna give me a 4096 on Belli Adult Lite? I don't think so. Everyone will be restricted to having their Adult Lite bordello on a 1024. Sure have your Belli Adult Lite, but Zindra needs to be completed as well

1024 or 2048 on Belli Adult inline with the current Premium/Plus offerings

about completing Zindra.  Some of the Gaetans probably think that the Zindronians need get in the queue. The Gaetans been waiting since about 2006/7 for Poseidon Linden to return the sunken part of their island home from the ocean

ps. I do understand the issue of incompletness tho. I always get a little sad when I look at the world map and see continents just stopped by the void

I do tho recognise that the issue of filling in the continents is caused by the design and implementation of the continent terrain map method.  To fill in all the missing continent regions across the world numbers in the 1000s. technically is possible to rework the continent terrain maps to reduce the number of filler regions but is a pretty big project

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NaomiLocket said:

For sale flag density is too high to consider it the most desirable.Screenshot2024-06-28185638.thumb.png.0286dbc136dfc021c74063981c220e19.png

While transactionally beneficial technically if it were they actually change hands quickly, repeatedly changing hands and no development really being done would also describe low value land that has no real desire for.

Granted though it has a lot of dot presence in some places without speaking to the quality of the presence.Screenshot2024-06-28190148.thumb.png.cd9134ce1a6224018c997d36faeeb34c.pngIf you look hard enough you can find built up and developed areas with less sell-off and wait.Screenshot2024-06-28190110.thumb.png.fe466fd1b12c1c2821edbf9053929757.png

Zindra is full, and it doesn't mater if its owners or flippers, they are ALL paying tier. Owners are owners, , Make it bigger, more tier guaranteed for LL, more profits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

1024 or 2048 on Belli Adult inline with the current Premium/Plus offerings

about completing Zindra.  Some of the Gaetans probably think that the Zindronians need get in the queue. The Gaetans been waiting since about 2006/7 for Poseidon Linden to return the sunken part of their island home from the ocean

ps. I do understand the issue of incompletness tho. I always get a little sad when I look at the world map and see continents just stopped by the void

I do tho recognise that the issue of filling in the continents is caused by the design and implementation of the continent terrain map method.  To fill in all the missing continent regions across the world numbers in the 1000s. technically is possible to rework the continent terrain maps to reduce the number of filler regions but is a pretty big project

Its a smaller project than Belli.

For once it would be nice to see LL finish something before starting something else. They have ADHD meds for adults, perhaps the LL executives should get a perscription

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NaomiLocket said:

How close to the rest of the lands do you think they'd put these suggested continent size landmasses? Zindra's just floating away out there like another realm.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 150518.png

If it's going to be Adult Belli, I vote they connect it to Belli, but instead of a water passage have it be a long, seedy alleyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Maybe I should sell my Zindra land now and get my windfall profits before LL condemns the continent and force marches us all to Belli Adult Lite

Not expecting another forced migration, but if I cared about what my Zindra land could bring at resale, now would be the time to move it. Whatever this new thing is, it's very likely to pull a lot more people out of Zindra than it will bring into the platform from outside. (Sorta like Bellisseria vs Mainland.)

I'm very sure that at the last birthday, Patch spoke confidently of completing the Zindra continent but with an updated theme. So this is a change, something more ambitious. Maybe something geofenced to protect innocent Texans. I tried to translate the Lindenspeak into a coherent business direction but it's too cryptic for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I could see a workable way of dealing with whether people want to age-verify or would prefer to never have to enter any personal data, and it'd be a good compromise perhaps between those who do or do not want adult content in their SL. Accounts could simply be granted or denied access to a-rated regions based on whether the accounts were flagged as age verified or not.

People who just want to make 10 alts and build stuff and explore and chat and shop could do so without having to verify anything, and people who wanted to access things that could be legally sensitive in regards to unverified users could simply do the verification thing and go do whatever they wanted in those regions.

I could see it eventually heading in this direction. After all, removing all adult content would lose a lot of users. So would requiring all users to identify themselves with legal documents. Splitting the grid completely at the sexual content line would provide a compromise that could at least let them retain the better percentage of dedicated users over either of the other options.

Nothing to push me out of SL yet, either way. I can do without visiting any A-rated sims, ever, really, if it comes down to it. They can just send me pics of the starships on the sim. I'd be okay with nothing but G and M being available to me, if it meant never having to give a stranger my legal documents or phone number, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NaomiLocket said:

For sale flag density is too high to consider it the most desirable.

Unlike what happens in G/M-rated main land, the Zindra continent got pretty much no abandoned land plot (or they are so small, that they won't be possible to sell: the few you can find are just left overs of parcel resizing/reselling at smaller sizes, due to the land price and tier levels). There is a huge amount of abandoned land in non-Adult main land continents, showing how little they are desired and how badly they sell...

Plus, land in Zindra is extremely costly: for a parcel, on flat land, far from water bodies and roads, you will usually have to pay between L$10 and L$20 per square meter, while the same type of parcel can easily be found under L$1 per square meter in Mature main land !

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Unlike what happens in G/M-rated main land, the Zindra got pretty much no abandoned land plot (or they are so small, that they won't be possible to sell: the few you can find are just left overs of parcel resizing/reselling at smaller sizes, due to the price and tier levels).

Plus, land in Zindra is extremely costly: for a parcel, on flat land, far from water bodies and roads, you will usually have to pay between L$10 and L$20 per square meter, while the same type of parcel can easily be found under L$1 per square meter in Mature main land !

Land gating by holding land and speculating in the hope that the value would increase, or they'd have the means to enforce it should the Lab bother to complete the continent is a recipe for a hard lesson unless they happen to be big enough with bots to snag it. Otherwise the value of the land is the same as the base value of abandoned. It's just some person standing in the way. If it doesn't move for months it has no desirable value. If it was desired it would be in the hands of someone that would use it. It's "full" because it's bloody tiny. Being tiny and the high density of for sale means there's no where for the market to move. People talking it up are likely people with skin in the game by holding land there. But I don't so I have no incentive to hype it, or to consider buying any at a price I don't find reasonable anywhere else. Tier gates are paid regardless of holding land or not if you really want to. There's a separation between owning the limited license and filling it with land quota.

Like I said before in more polite terms, Zindra's roads are ass. That's less value than half the roads on the rest of mainland. Only thing it has going for it is the rating alone. Now if they improved the roads better than half of the rest of mainlands, then you'd at least have decent roads and rating. But again, currently the size of Zindra doesn't compare to the size of the other continents. The main concern people that feel that Zindra has higher value is simply dumping several times the size of Zindra elsewhere for the same rating erodes their land price fantasy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2