SL has gotten incredibly boring

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rick Nightingale said:

boring can in fact be underrated... there are times in my life that a bit of boredom has been very welcome!)

You know, I think you make an incredibly valid point right there. I remember being bored in the summertime as a kid, and deciding to just embrace it and let my mind wander if it felt like it, or sit stock-still if it wanted to.

The next thing I knew, I had an active imagination, an ability to concentrate and focus, and the ability to sit still without jumping all over the place. I lost my ability to be (or perhaps, to allow myself to be) bored, but I gained an awful lot by not shunning the boredom when I had it.

Nowadays, I can float in midair and stare at a build for hours without feeling bored. And when I finally do move again, I actually produce a crapload of stuff, sometimes. Doing nothing can sorta do wonders for creativity, really.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:
31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't get too knackered by your knickering! 

*snickers*

Story: A knackered lady wearing only knickers walked by a horse, who nickered at her knockers.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Story: A knackered lady wearing only knickers walked by a horse, who nickered at her knockers.

Lemme guess, he got sent to the knacker.

That's the guy who makes glue out of horses. I don't know any glue puns that go with this theme.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'd totally scam a horse out of glue if he approached me for anything inappropriate, and that has never happened to me anywhere but inworld, so I'm completely on topic at all times if I choose to share the fruits of my experience. Not saying all horses inworld are like this, but yeah.

Just saying.

In case anyone wondered.

Edited by PheebyKatz

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'd totally scam a horse out of glue if he approached me for anything inappropriate

My adult alt was once propositioned by a mailbox.  She was a little more adventurous if he had been earlier, who knows where it would have went. But she was married by that so. 

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

What have you learned in RL that you an bring to the table and expand on?  It seems you're looking "out there" for someone/something to entertain you, when the happiest people I see in SL are ones who brought some interest from RL and experimented with it in SL. For example, I love nature, and so in SL I became a nature artist. And I trained in Reiki, and so practice Reiki and other rituals related to it here, expanding on it, making it work for SL.

Surely you have some talent or interest from RL that might fit here -- making it fit can be the fun part.

Others I know did discover a new interest here, but you do have to be willing to search and be open, investigate, and go places beyond  various clubs.

You mentioned that you like role playing -- you could start your own venture!  It can be exciting to see if you can make it work. Be willing to work hard at it though.

hi! so, there are things I'd like to do or bring to SL but given my RL situation, i can't really afford to open up any sims. i do enjoy learning, primarily languages but every language group i join is dead. i don't know what else to do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

No one is in SL to entertain you.  You will have to find or create your own fun.

You sound like a super low-maintenance friend, so I'm sure you'll have no issues making some new ones.

you're right no one is there to entertain me but the problem is there isn't anything AT ALL that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm not asking for people to entertain me but to give me entertainment ideas. thanks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It was killed off by the 2 digit IQ score RP EgoWh*res who get bored when they are not the stars of their own personal failed novelist wannabe badly written psycho-drama-llama festivals.

The ones who keep telling the other RP trash in (( Pretentious )) brackets to stop trying to hog the "scene" because they want to hog it, and "everyone" knows they are the "lead" in the scene.

That died of old age, waiting on the Para RP trash to type up their badly written novellas that they use instead of saying "hello" like a normal human being.

Some people in SL actually ENJOY ships, and boats, and rafts, and that whole maritime thing.

Not our problem.

"Grow up"

you have successfully brought nothing to the convo. congrats! reading comprehension is null 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

My adult alt was once propositioned by a mailbox.  She was a little more adventurous if he had been earlier, who knows where it would have went. But she was married by that so. 

Being propositioned by a mailbox always raises a red flag for me.

81hcpcGYoLL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.webp.793e578b329127d180376fd184f58657.webp

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

If you are standing in a shed in SL and hearing rap music ... but you don't like sheds and rap music, that's a you problem.

omg,hit the nail right on the nose! here's your cookie!🍪

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm seldom bored in SL and if I can't find something that engages me, I log out and do something else.  RP is basically wanting someone else to entertain you.  

well,not quite but close. i rp for creative reasons. i am a creative person! writing is kinda my thing soooo when i don't have that connection i seek it out. not much of that on SL 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 1xXM1M1Xx1 said:

I'm not asking for people to entertain me but to give me entertainment ideas. thanks!

I will send you explodable chickens and land mines the next time I'm inworld, if you wish. They always give me all kinds of ideas.

I also have a free motorcycle out there somewhere, it's always fun to roll into a club on a big bike and see how many people think it's awesome and how many freak out over it.

Building oubliette traps is also fun. You trap people and that's it. If they're serious about RP, you'll find them still there years later.

Edited by PheebyKatz

4 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

I thing how boring or fulfilling SL can be depends entirely on how connected you feel to the world. If you have lots of friends and family, lots of places that you frequent and lots of hobbies /  interests, or things you create, then the world can feel very alive indeed. 

Like anything in life you have to invest something into it, things don't just magically happen. 

you're entirely right!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Another way of looking at it is: 

Second Life is "User-Generated Content".

If you find Second Life "boring", are you only "consuming" Second Life?  Are there ways you could "contribute" to Second Life?

thank you so much for actually contributing to the conversation! uhm i guess i could start some groups since the ones i really wanna participate in are all but dead. thank you so much for this!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1xXM1M1Xx1 said:

i am a creative person! writing is kinda my thing

SL is full of book clubs and particularly writers' clubs!

Ceejaytopia
Written Word
Second Life Writers Club

There are others, but just whipping through the ones I have experience with. (Ceejay's is especially awesome)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1xXM1M1Xx1 said:

can someone make a RP place suggestion or something to do?

My SL is better than it ever has been, I figured out how to do that myself, you are going to have to do the same. Only you know what will make you happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

I will send you explodable chickens and land mines the next time I'm inworld, if you wish. They always give me all kinds of ideas.

Oh my.  Are you sure you're not an unknown alt of mine?  I thought I was the only one in SL that rigged livestock to explode.   I'll rig pigs,  cows, goats, and ducks to explode.  The slip it into someone's DFS animals, and wait. 

"This D**n Duck Just Blew Up!"   🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1xXM1M1Xx1 said:

you're right no one is there to entertain me but the problem is there isn't anything AT ALL that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm not asking for people to entertain me but to give me entertainment ideas. thanks!

You might want to try The Nature Collective group.  Their headquarters is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bear/238/133/111 and you can get info about their group there, plus info for some of their sub-groups and a display board of upcoming events. 

Besides being a collective of a lot of beautiful nature themed regions, events include a coffee collective get-together twice a month, a book club (they've either just chosen a book or are in the process, so a good time to get involved), movies under the stars twice a month, shutterbug club once a month, trails and tails a monthly hike with dogs and other 4-legged pets welcome - so lots of opportunities to try out some different types of activities and meet some new people.   They're going to be having their annual Spring/Summer Hunt kicking off on June 15th.  

Some of their member regions also have events that are advertised in the group.  For example, I think there is a daily meditation group.  

If the events aren't your cup of tea, you at least might meet some new people who may be also involved in some other places or activities that might interest you. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.