LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Shouldn't be a problem if there no toxic AR'ers around. The prob is there are enough in the forums threatening it to cause a concern. Maybe that is the problem. The moral minority that frequent the forums.

Might be a good idea not to irritate the forumites then. There's more than a few who have no qualms with revenge.

53 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

If your avatar looks 14 but since it's so hard to tell a 14 year old from an 18, then make your avatar look older than 18. Make sure you avatar cannot be mistaken for under 20 or 25. Do whatever it takes and STOP making excuses. This isn't rocket science. Do what it takes to be certain your avatar is not perceived as an edge case and stop defending your right to look 14 but say you are 18.

Im 5ft 5 and large breasted. There are 15 yr olds in rl that are 5 ft 5  and are large breasted.

So you are saying I cant look the way I want because there are rl 15 year olds that look like me? There are also 20 year olds that look like me.

No, Blush is saying "IF" your avatar looks young.

Nobody said your avatar looked young.

YOU said your avatar has a similar size to a young person.  So what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

OMG!  Daddy we made it to 17 pages of rubbish, in ONE Thread!  Must be a record!

If this one reaches AN AMAZING 1 MILLIION VIEWS, then another one will be created!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Might be a good idea not to irritate the forumites then. There's more than a few who have no qualms with revenge.

Myself, i use the long game.. I'mma get you all at the same time, one day!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I'm really surprised how many of you think this would be a difficult task to do.  Where I work we have close to a thousand servers feeding almost a 100GB a minute of data to a rack of splunk servers that monitor all this data in real time looking for issues.  

Second Life IMs and inworld messages do not equal anywhere near that data.  I would be surprised if all the IM's and local chat from avatars got even close to 1GB a minutes.  On a modern multicore system, I could design and write a system that would monitor that in Real Time in pearl, in probably an hour.

A simple system that would be effective would be a score system like some spamfilters use.  Each key word you are looking for is given a number score.  All the data coming in over a specific time is scanned and the keyword matching scores are added up.  Once that number reaches a trigger level that account is flagged for farther attention.  There, I just designed the system in a little under a minute.   I can already see the code for it in my head.   A limited version of such score system is used in my panic button hud.

As for motive, really, I would be surprised if LL didn't do this.  It would actually be foolish for them not to.   As for the idea that there are hordes of lindens sitting around combing through our personal messages looking for TOS violations, why would there be?  Once a conversation is flagged by the automatic system, it simply drops a notice into a queue somewhere.  Then given time someone comes and examines the tickets in the queue and acts on them.

People in denial will read this and still go on and on how SL could not monitor IM's on a real time basis, in spite of you saying they could easily.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Shouldn't be a problem if there no toxic AR'ers around. The prob is there are enough in the forums threatening it to cause a concern. Maybe that is the problem. The moral minority that frequent the forums.

Have you seen any forumites in places you go?  I've never seen you inworld but I do see tons of avatars that look quite similar to yours.  I don't give them a second thought.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thanks for admitting that. Begs the question how well those healing groups are working for you. 😐

3 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

If this one reaches AN AMAZING 1 MILLIION VIEWS, then another one will be created!

It seems it's a big crisis when you limit who men can....interact with.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The thread started out (I think) being about AI monitoring, 

Easy to forget, since it only comes up occasionally. I had to check just now!

I'd be more concerned that the "boyfriend" or someone else reported you (for whatever reason), and then LL reviewed the chat logs along the way.

Imagine if one can no longer say, "Hey little girl, want some candy?" as part of the RolePlay.  (A quite normal thing to ask someone.)  Like, not gonna be an issue.

ETA: By "not gonna be an issue", I mean - because LL would look at other contextual things. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thanks for admitting that. Begs the question how well those healing groups are working for you. 😐

Personally I don't believe in revenge because it would make me just as offensive as the person I'm offended by.  I was quite shocked in one of my groups, however, when the actual leader said "I don't get mad, I get even".  !!  It was especially shocking because she's a Christian.

I'm actually kind of frightened to be around her now, thinking what might happen if I made her angry.

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

People in denial will read this and still go on and on how SL could not monitor IM's on a real time basis, in spite of you saying they could easily.

If they decide to monitor, they decide to monitor.  Does it seem a bit invasive?  Sure does.  Will it keep me from using SL and IMs?  Not at all.  Guess we'll all have to decide if that's the one thing that ends SL for us.   I doubt they will even let us know if or when they decide to do it.  They might already be doing it.  It might start next week.  They've already said they will not divulge what methods they decide to use.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Personally I don't believe in revenge because it would make me just as offensive as the person I'm offended by.  I was quite shocked in one of my groups, however, when the actual leader said "I don't get mad, I get even".  !!  It was especially shocking because she's a Christian.

Some people fail to realize that life,  recovery or even spiritual healing is a journey, not a destination. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Some people fail to realize that life,  recovery or even spiritual healing is a journey, not a destination. 

Yeah but Christianity if really big on forgiveness!  I'd rather hang around people who at least felt revenge was wrong, as they'd be more likely to curtail the behavior.

Edited by Luna Bliss

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Actually, my perl  is kind of rusty, so it might take me two hours to write it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They've already said they will not divulge what methods they decide to use.

I wish they would divulge what methods they use.  Then I could write up a proposal to design them a better system, for a fee of course.   Hey, I'm a contractor, it's what I do. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah but Christianity if really big on forgiveness!  I'd rather hang around people who at least felt revenge was wrong, as they'd be more likely to curtail the behavior.

The religion and person are  two different things, obviously. Anyone can call themselves anything, doesn't mean they adhere to anything strict about it. Probably just some phony person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There is a lot of people that say they are something or placed in something, but don't practice those somethings..

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:
10 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

OMG!  Daddy we made it to 17 pages of rubbish, in ONE Thread!  Must be a record!

I have solved the riddle of, "Why hasn't this thread been closed yet?"

Because, they'd just start another similar thread!

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Some

So what do you think about girls in RL?  I mention RL because it has a bearing on how we understand what should/shouldn't happen in SL. Do you believe that girls under 18 have a state of mind different from those older, and that they should be protected by society?

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

-- in these groups there have been residents, both male and female, who are attracted to older women!

there is no explaining some peoples kinks, but hey live and let live right?