LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

1 minute ago, junkurosu said:

well, there are actually sites in which you can copy and paste text to read it back to you if you'd like it to. pop on that subway surfers video, and violà! you've now read the terms of service

From the viewer when you have to accept it to log in?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I've always had to read and accept the ToS in the viewer, not at your link. You can accept an updated ToS on a web page?

Actually, yes.  When you try to log into your dashboard before logging into the viewer, you'll get hit with the same Accept ToS option.

Screenshot_20240607-181612.thumb.png.c960da28b007e24b6e2e79ec50a7322b.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am, and I'm looking at YOU.

Whenever others have expressed troubles you say they should take responsibility!  Why aren't you doing that?

I did, for my part, not theirs. That's not my responsibility to.

It's your responsibility to read the TOS, yet you complain it's difficult to find (when it's posted in numerous places). Then we had your eyesight explanation.  No, you're not taking responsibility.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You can accept an updated ToS on a web page?

You can read it there any time, before or after you accept/deny it.  If you are presented with a note when you login that asks you to accept a revised version, you always have the option to read it slowly and carefully on the web site if you want to do that before clicking ACCEPT.

ETA:  And you'll notice that the login notice you posted has a highlighted link to the web site so you can read it before accepting.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Look who is being disingenuous 2. You link a dark mode page which is already hard enough for me to read, with a font looking like this

Depending on your browser, you can press "Ctl" + "'+ sign" multiple times to increase the Zoom factor, and "Ctl" + "- sign" to reduce it.

I find this indispensable to reading anything on the Web.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's your responsibility to read the TOS, yet you complain it's difficult to find (when it's posted in numerous places). Then we had your eyesight explanation.  No, you're not taking responsibility.

The Lab requires me to accept the ToS, not read it. They probably prefer if I don't or there might be second thoughts.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Depending on your browser, you can press "Ctl" + "'+ sign" multiple times to increase the Zoom factor, and "Ctl" + "- sign" to reduce it.

I find this indispensable to reading anything on the Web.

Yes I do that all the time. Does one have that option when having to accept it in the Viewer?

• Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes I do that all the time. Does one have that option when having to accept it in the Viewer?

I don’t know, but you can always read it on the website then also check the texts against each other using something like this if you want to make sure they are the same or if you wish to see what exactly any new changes are from version to version. https://text-compare.com

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just wow.  

They won't tell us the information.

* provides information *

It's hidden.

* shows information on website *

It's at the bottom.

* shows direct link to the info at the bottom *

I can't read it.

* shows how to expand the text *

What next, "I can't read"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

* provides information *

It's hidden.

It's at the bottom.

I can't read it.

Kind of...childish.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You can read it there any time, before or after you accept/deny it.  If you are presented with a note when you login that asks you to accept a revised version, you always have the option to read it slowly and carefully on the web site if you want to do that before clicking ACCEPT.

ETA:  And you'll notice that the login notice you posted has a highlighted link to the web site so you can read it before accepting.

Wouldn't it be grand if they actually presented it a day or two ahead like other companies so one can read it a leisure and not when rushed to login to attend a meeting with a friend or group?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

* provides information *

It's hidden.

It's at the bottom.

I can't read it.

You didn't answer the question I asked you. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wouldn't it be grand if they actually presented it a day or two ahead like other companies so one can read it a leisure and not when rushed to login to attend a meeting with a friend or group?

No

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

From the viewer when you have to accept it to log in?

i mean, i dont expect a terms of service to play a little video for me and do a dancing jig, so no i dont think so. i mean would it be nice? probably! but ive yet to find a terms of service anywhere that has a fun and entertaining step by step guide with a virtual assistant to read it off to me. i think they want us to put a little effort in reading the thing. respectfully, this is moving the goalposts a little too much. anyone can do a little legwork and make the whole thing a breeze to read through if they wanted to, is my point 

• Like 4

The Lab requires me to accept the ToS, not read it.

Reading is always a smart option. If you are truly concerned about what an agreement means, or if you have trouble reading it, it's a good idea to get help.  This is true whether you are agreeing to pay a mortgage on your house or time payments on your car, but it's also true for something with much lower stakes like SL's TOS.  Yes, you are only required to sign, but It's always your responsibility to know what you are signing. If you don't, you have nobody to blame but yourself if you violate the conditions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I

Take 3 deep breathes -- inhale in 3 seconds...exhale out 3 seconds.

Now bring your focus in from the outer world until you feel yourself in the spot between your eyes.

This is your awareness, your consciousness. From here you can examine why you are doing what you're doing, and can question yourself "is this the best course of action for me"? and "What am I hoping to obtain by this behavior"?

Edited by Luna Bliss

2 minutes ago, junkurosu said:

i mean, i dont expect a terms of service to play a little video for me and do a dancing jig, so no i dont think so. i mean would it be nice? probably! but ive yet to find a terms of service anywhere that has a fun and entertaining step by step guide with a virtual assistant to read it off to me. i think they want us to put a little effort in reading the thing. respectfully, this is moving the goalposts a little too much. anyone can do a little legwork and make the whole thing a breeze to read through if they wanted to, is my point 

I was asking if that copy paste you talked about in your post, could be done from the viewer when being presented with an updated ToS to accept? Nothing to do with dancing jigs.

well, there are actually sites in which you can copy and paste text to read it back to you if you'd like it to. pop on that subway surfers video, and violà! you've now read the terms of service

Sure and I want a unicorn pony. And a box of macarons. But honestly most of the time when I log in, I’ve got stuff to do so I’m lucky if I cut/paste the current copy to compare to the old copy and frankly, I’m not involved in anything that I can think of that comes remotely close to violating any of the parts of the TOS I’m most familiar with after 16 years soooo….  

However if I were worried about sections, and you seem to be, I’d study them, not make a million excuses why I can’t, won’t, shouldn’t have to, didn’t….because I like ‘functional’. And agreeing and following them is the road to there. Why is that difficult, that seems quite straightforward. 

Hey I want in.

Ok, agree to follow the rules, ya?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Grand, perhaps, but do you honestly think that many more people would take the time to read it two days ahead of time than they do now?  Would you?  If you were really as concerned about knowing what's in a TOS revision as you claim to be, why wouldn't you be willing to forego a meeting with your friend or group so you could do the reading first?  Or isn't it really all that important to you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I was asking if that copy paste you talked about in your post, could be done from the viewer when being presented with an updated ToS to accept? Nothing to do with dancing jigs.

on firestorm at least, you can.USt5M6C.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

id like to highlight i said there were sites you could copy paste that into. (also, the dancing jigs is just a silly little joke. can you imagine how funny that would be? and also maybe a lot harder to read, with all the text dancing around i guess) but, to quote me, 

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

i never said that you could do that in the actual viewer. but if you want to make it easier for yourself to read text on a screen, you can. the onus is fully on you though to do it, and while i do like accessability for someone who not only also has bad eyesight but a multitude of other problems that makes text on a screen severely hard to read, it's not LL's problem. would i like some assistance? of course! but thats still on me if i break TOS because i took no effort at to read it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Grand, perhaps, but do you honestly think that many more people would take the time to read it two days ahead of time than they do now?  Would you?  If you were really as concerned about knowing what's in a TOS revision as you claim to be, why wouldn't you be willing to forego a meeting with your friend or group so you could do the reading first?  Or isn't it really all that important to you?

I certainly would and have done with Google updates and a few others that notified me of upcoming ToS or Privacy policy change. This is coming to be normal behaviour from legitimate companies even when they are as questionable as Google ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

However if I were worried about sections, and you seem to be, I’d study them, not make a million excuses why I can’t, won’t, shouldn’t have to, didn’t….because I like ‘functional’. And agreeing and following them is the road to there. Why is that difficult, that seems quite straightforward. 

Not overly, I have other places to go which suit me fine if it comes down to it and SL becomes too much bother.

This all started when i simply responded "Wow! Who knew?!" which maybe you thought was me being sarcastic though I wasn't. My apologies if you took it that way, I could have used a better response in hindsight.