LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:
8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

@Rowan Amore I believe this is my first thread about LL using AI to monitor IMs in real time for key words that they can then flag for LL’s further attention.

Perhaps because I related it to a specific time and place involving myself that you find it offensive to make a thread about, but the topic is far more wide ranging than just me. 

Maybe you are fine with LL monitoring your every word, but some of us find THAT to be offensive.

I’m sure you are pure as the driven snow  but others of us, even though we don’t deliberately  try to break the rules, fear crossing a line that was never properly defined.

Expand  

I was involved in the SLex part of SL up until the last 3 years.  I have absolutely no fear of LL finding anything in my IMs over 15 years that would warrant a ban or even a warning.  Nothing.  At.  All.   

Now, if they decide to monitor IMs for keywords, so be it.  They certainly aren't going to monitor every single person.  If a keyword pops up, they may THEN monitor for awhile to see what's up.   Do I have a problem with that?  In spirit, sure but it's their zoo.   They can do whatever they want.  You're free to leave.  It's how it's always been.  

The whole "enhanced moderation" came up in other threads from an announcement.

It could be "new to BJ", but we could probably find where it was discussed before. 

We need to start inviting Arielle and BJ to those threads when things come up, so they don't miss out!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe but when one hears it over and over, even from people who don't lie about other things, there comes a point where one realizes there might be some uncomfortable truths to what is being said. 

Honey, EVERYBODY lies at one point or another in their lives. 'nuff said. End of discussion. Have a fantastic Second Life

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Prob is that the Lindens have been implying enhanced action on those who might appear under 18.

They have also said it's subjective so they'll look at multiple factors in making a determination.  They can't possibly address every single whataboutism that you might think up.  It's just not feasible.  

As to the change in the ToS that I mentioned, I did talk about that way way back in one of the other threads.  

They also mentioned the Why somewhat at the town hall meeting.  A majority of the changes were brought about because of the mobile app.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So that is your goal?

not at all, I start threads to ask questions or bring up issues I’m concerned with. I can’t make a thread go hot, only people replying can do that

• Like 2

Maybe but when one hears it over and over, even from people who don't lie about other things, there comes a point where one realizes there might be some uncomfortable truths to what is being said. 

Have you considered that only people affected (banned, whatever) will be making these complaints?

Consider that it is kind of like Marketplace, and Restaurant, and Product Reviews:  The people who don't like something are most likely to post a review.  

What I'm saying is, of the thousands and thousands of users, only the "relatively few" who are impacted will post information such as, "I was banned for no reason". (Just as an example.)

Even if it was like 100 users who you saw posting "I GOT BANNED!!1!!", that is statistically minor compared to the total number of users. And only people who were impacted will post something like that. 

This may result in you thinking the problem is bigger than it really is.

• Like 5

Does anyone actually care if a thread goes "hot?" I've not seen anyone but OP bring it up.  It's not hard to do.  Here's some bait ideas if anyone wants a hot thread: 

How many years does SL have left - really?

Are the new TOS just to please investors?

I know we've talked about it 500 times,  but how can we know for sure,  apart from it being answered 500 times,  that these new rules aren't going to effect short people?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Does anyone actually care if a thread goes "hot?" I've not seen anyone but OP bring it up.  It's not hard to do.  Here's some bait ideas if anyone wants a hot thread: 

I know we've talked about it 500 times,  but how can we know for sure,  apart from it being answered 500 times,  that these new rules aren't going to effect short people?

I think it's not "funny" as they said:

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Funny how all my threads go hot isn’t it?

Unfortunatly i think its because of all the forum worthies posting  to say its a garbage thread and that I’m a troll.

Because if they just accepted the established, official answers and moved on, threads like this would be short and over quickly. 

"Not accepting" official, established answers, is part of why they get called a troll, etc.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

how can we know for sure  that these new rules aren't going to effect short people?

Very few

Yes

We can’t

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Because if they just accepted the established, official answers and moved on, threads like this would be short and over quickly. 

"Not accepting" official, established answers, is part of why they get called a troll, etc.

Oh you don't happen to mean like this thread where the very second reply answered their question,  do you by chance?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

You do know that people lie, right? They can say they were banned for slight or even no real infraction and be lying out of their teeth. Every story has two sides and somewhere in between the two is the truth. Never take anything anyone says at face value. Just sayin'

I remember you describing encountering these people. You didn't know them well at all. Why are you lying?

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I remember you describing encountering these people. You didn't know them well at all. Why are you lying?

I did get to know some of those people and found them to be honest in all other respects. 

Are you trolling me?

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I did get to know some of those people and found them to be honest in all other respects. 

Are you trolling me?

I'm pointing out that you're lying. That's not trolling. You encountered them briefly on some forum and automatically believed what they said.

• Like 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I'm pointing out that you're lying. That's not trolling. You encountered them briefly on some forum and automatically believed what they said.

I said I had seen some posts on a forum as well as meeting some in Opensim. Did you forget that part?

11 minutes ago, stlshayne said:
15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh you don't happen to mean like this thread where the very second reply answered their question,  do you by chance?

Why, yes! In fact, I do!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I said I had seen some posts on a forum as well as meeting some in Opensim. Did you forget that part?

When I visit a jail (and I have, to sing to the prisoners) they all say they're innocent. Funny that.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The thing is, @Arielle Popstar, that likely there will be innocent people convicted. Statistically, it will happen, no matter how careful LL is in determining guilt/innocence. You need to adjust to this fact. You can't control it.  No matter how much you search for every way there could be confusion and lack of clear rules you'll never find them all.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

This whole post also comes off as fear mongery, I mean the big red flag was when the OP made a statement about AI monitoring our convos. Without any sort of concrete evidence. Like they stated that they have plans, but they were very brief and well didn't say exactly what they had planned. So I mean until more is put out about it, don't bring it up as they are gonna do some AI monitoring. LOl 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The thing is, @Arielle Popstar, that likely there will be innocent people convicted. Statistically, it will happen, no matter how careful LL is in determining guilt/innocence. You need to adjust to this fact. You can't control it.  No matter how much you search for every way there could be confusion and lack of clear rules you'll never find them all.

Staff have,  in other threads,  basically said, even,  that they want to keep these rules as specific as they need to be,  yet as vague as they can be, on purpose - so people can use their best judgement and we don't end up with people getting in trouble for things they shouldn't. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When I visit a jail (and I have, to sing to the prisoners) they all say they're innocent. Funny that.

Funny that you attract people who lie to you then because when I visit jails or used to, prisoners would often readily admit what they were in for, usually in connection of sharing how they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the infraction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

so people can use their best judgement

And therein lies the problem.  As we've seen, and the OP demonstrated, some people lack good judgement.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Funny that you attract people who lie to you then because when I visit jails or used to, prisoners would often readily admit what they were in for, usually in connection of sharing how they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the infraction.

The point is, as others have pointed out, it's best not to believe some random person on a blog who says they did nothing wrong yet they were banned. We have no way of knowing the other side to such stories.

If I were you I'd totally get out of that roleplay you're in that you've described -- men attracted to adolescent girls. The whole "yay I got me a virgin' mindset of some men, where the 'bloom is off the rose' at age 20 or so.  Just get away from it! Stop dressing like a 15 year-old, dress like an adult, and do your sexting with men who value more than a teen who barely emerged from puberty.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

Staff have,  in other threads,  basically said, even,  that they want to keep these rules as specific as they need to be,  yet as vague as they can be, on purpose - so people can use their best judgement and we don't end up with people getting in trouble for things they shouldn't. 

Ever noticed that the there is a wide range of best judgements on any topic one cares to mention? So it is very vague and mostly just sounds like bs that just gives them carte blanche powers. At the very least they could tell us what they would tell a new governance employee to look for when investigating a possible infraction.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

The point is, as others have pointed out, it's best not to believe some random person on a blog who says they did nothing wrong yet they were banned. We have no way of knowing the other side to such stories.

If I were you I'd totally get out of that roleplay you're in that you've described -- men attracted to adolescent girls. The whole "yay I got me a virgin' mindset of some men, where the 'bloom is off the rose' at age 20 or so.  Just get away from it! Stop dressing like a 15 year-old, dress like an adult, and do your sexting with men who value more than a teen who barely emerged from puberty.

Tell you what, you first. Stop the stuff that makes SL interesting for you and start doing what doesn't interest you. Report to me how much time you then spend in SL after a month.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play.

I have a couple of grandpas who like to be called Grampa while we play.

Even as my 5"8' 22yo represented adult Maitreya avatar takes her seat there is something wafting in the air which smells and takes the positive and enjoyable edge off the encounters nowadays.

Even though there's nothing wrong going on I find myself checking who's nearby and seeing if they're displaying crosshairs and checking profiles in case they look delicate or smell of trigger-happy AP police. Afterall, the grampas and me are different ages.

Paranoid? .. Perhaps. But I do agree that something has been lost.

I have a granny face skin. I just need a saggy bobs add-on and then perhaps I can fully relax again.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.