You are now aware that SL is older than some of its users.

4 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

And they are over 18 years of age. I have first hand verification of this.

ugywjdjkaq961.webp.7738aedb2b5d56f742bd88b317d5467f.webp

I have 1st hand verification that I invented underpants.  Unless you have it officially recorded and not wikipedia, it means bugger all.

10 minutes ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

To put it in perspective... SL is the same age as GTA: Vice City.  SL looks great, considering how old it is!  Can you imagine your SL avatar standing next to a Vice City character?

I've seen some terrible avatars lately in SL... some people need a maker over, but at least most are updated and looking better than most 20+ year old games

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I've seen some terrible avatars lately in SL... some people need a maker over, but at least most are updated and looking better than most 20+ year old games

I have the opposite feeling about SL.
More and more people look unrealistic and mutilated.
But mileages vary of course.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have the opposite feeling about SL.
More and more people look unrealistic and mutilated.
But mileages vary of course.

I think people should look like they want... but I do agree I roll my eyes a lot of avatars, but I am sure some do that at me too

• Like 1

This again. How come it isn't just great that some younger folks join SL? We are all worried about the new user retaining experience, let's not scare the younguns off from this geriatric experience of ours :) I, for one, welcome our new, young population. Full of spit and vinegar they all are, aye.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

To put it in perspective... SL is the same age as GTA: Vice City.  SL looks great, considering how old it is!  Can you imagine your SL avatar standing next to a Vice City character?

Or Star Trek Online, even.

If it wasn't for SL being able to make anything, adding in Mesh and stuff... it would look horrible though.

Just look at the default avatar and hair and all that stuff that looks absolutely horrid... lol