So what changed in the Terms of Service?

4 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:
  • You.  Telling me what
  • She said...to you.  She told you,
  • what he (whom has known 3 days? (from what I have come to understand)) allegedly said to her.

I had one too many legs in there it seems. But still, the very first source is him, an fairly unknown quantity telling her. She then filters the telling/account to you. And you filter her version/account to us. Still too many legs in that journey. And the first leg is, for my personal credibility sake, very wobbly.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We don't really know what happened. 

Maybe his ex was a crazy harpy, or maybe she was his ex because she found out he was doing bad stuff in SL?

Maybe he'd just decided to ghost a bunch of people, cancelled that particular account and then claimed it was being banned. Not saying this is true.  Heck I'm not even saying *that I* buy that. But in the realm of possibilities, it exists.  and I"m not sure we can ever get that level of transparency for legal reason.  it's the rock meet hard place for Linden Lab, that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The modesty layer on the skin can't be removed from the skin, it doesn't say that the skin can't be removed from the body 😂

Thats a weird way around the rule... a bunch of skinless kids running around like its Halloween.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The modesty layer on the skin can't be removed from the skin, it doesn't say that the skin can't be removed from the body 😂

Every skin can be removed from every body. But once it is replaced by a skin without the panels. Kaboom. ToS violation. As I mentioned somewhere before, the panel solution is the most simple and effective one for LL for several reasons, and that´s why they go for it.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

from my perspective it':

• You.  Telling me what
  • She said...to you.  She told you,
  • what he (whom has known 3 days? (from what I have come to understand)) allegedly said to her.

I had one too many legs in there it seems. But still, the very first source is him, an fairly unknown quantity telling her. She then filters the telling/account to you. And you filter her version/account to us. Still too many legs in that journey. And the first leg is, for my personal credibility sake, very wobbly.  If they had more history that might change that part of the equation for me. I dunno. <shrugs> 

And I"m not saying that you, or she, in the filtering and retelling process are deliberately trying to deceive, but the other cold fact is that 'witness' accounts are the most unreliable pieces of evidence there is.  Our brains are funny things that way.  not a judgement, just a fact. Ask any trial lawyer.

But neither am i going to be swayed by the bias of those who predictably will come out in favour of the Lab in spite of the many stories to the contrary. For some in the Forum there can be no suspicion of any problems in the Lab because it would destroy the faith they have in their virtual world. I get that. I don't agree with it but I do get it.

1 minute ago, Anna Salyx said:

Maybe he'd just decided to ghost a bunch of people, cancelled that particular account and then claimed it was being banned. Not saying this is true.  Heck I'm not even saying *that I* buy that. But in the realm of possibilities, it exists.  and I"m not sure we can ever get that level of transparency for legal reason.  it's the rock meet hard place for Linden Lab, that.

So many opportunities for lies. If he ALREADY got banned, then he would have to contact the "story teller" outside of SL (means they traded RL contact info outside of SL after only 3 days, of course him being the perfect man).  Otherwise, no - SL wouldn't say "we're going to ban you in X days, prepare yourself".  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So many opportunities for lies. If he ALREADY got banned, then he would have to contact the "story teller" outside of SL (means they traded RL contact info outside of SL after only 3 days, of course him being the perfect man).  Otherwise, no - SL wouldn't say "we're going to ban you in X days, prepare yourself".  

Seems really normal to talk to your SL friends on discord now.

• Like 1

How does this tos affect a chid avatar listing things on the market place?  I'm thinking of doing some art online, nothing adult themed, but there might be some moderate content.  The tos covers items directed towards child avatars but nothing sold by said avatars.

4 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

Maybe he does not even exist.We will never know. To be or not to be. What a drama.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

How does this tos affect a chid avatar listing things on the market place?  I'm thinking of doing some art online, nothing adult themed, but there might be some moderate content.  The tos covers items directed towards child avatars but nothing sold by said avatars.

It's a good question, I'd ere on the side of caution and say you should only be selling things that would be appropriate for child avatars. If you want to sell anything else use an adult avatar. 

• Like 2

Ok, time for another "new idea":

How about, we focus on the "good" for just a moment?

Nothing is changing for "Teen"/"Child" avatars when they are on "G-rated" regions. (If I understand correctly.)

Except they still may have to wear whatever new skin or modesty layer, but they weren't going to get naked in a "G-rated" region anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

If you want to sell anything else use an adult avatar. 

In this case, wouldn't that mean a "separate account"?  Otherwise, who's to know which of your avatars was used on a specific account to post the listings?

Keeping in mind, we did discuss that some people do / plan to "switch avatars" as needed.

• Like 2

Ok, time for another "new idea":

How about, we focus on the "good" for just a moment?

Nothing is changing for "Teen"/"Child" avatars when they are on "G-rated" regions. (If I understand correctly.)

Except they still may have to wear whatever new skin or modesty layer, but they weren't going to get naked in a "G-rated" region anyway.

Honestly depends on how clean G land is and how LL polices it. G land is meant to be the safest place in SL for real children and child avatars, yet it is the very place I was approached by a pedofile so go figure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

The ToS and it's faq are documents intended to inspire us to have confidence in how the Lab operates. Some degree of transparency is required to give us a degree of faith that they are doing what they said they will. Otherwise, why would anyone choose to invest in a platform that can remove one's investment on a whim without giving some explanation communicated in whatever way is best? That is not about legalities, there are multiple ways they can communicate directly and indirectly that they are worthy of our confidence in their leadership and operations.

Personally, I'm not seeing that at the moment.

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

It's a good question, I'd ere on the side of caution and say you should only be selling things that would be appropriate for child avatars. If you want to sell anything else use an adult avatar. 

Content for Child Avatars being sold inworld and/or on Marketplace must comply with the General Content Rating and adhere to the following:

• Content intended for Child Avatars must be listed as General maturity.
  • Content intended for Child Avatars must not be sexual and/or suggestive in nature.
  • No Adult or Moderate keywords in Marketplace listings on Child avatar content.
  • Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In this case, wouldn't that mean a "separate account"?  Otherwise, who's to know which of your avatars was used on a specific account to post the listings?

Keeping in mind, we did discuss that some people do / plan to "switch avatars" as needed.

Yes, a different account would be better. An adult one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Honestly depends on how clean G land is and how LL polices it. G land is meant to be the safest place in SL for real children and child avatars, yet it is the very place I was approached by a pedofile so go figure. 

It makes sense, since "G" regions, being "safe for kids", would be a "target rich environment".

My takeaway is, "G" regions need good/better policing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

But neither am i going to be swayed by the bias of those who predictably will come out in favour of the Lab in spite of the many stories to the contrary. For some in the Forum there can be no suspicion of any problems in the Lab because it would destroy the faith they have in their virtual world. I get that. I don't agree with it but I do get it.

hahaha.  I spent too many years as a first contact CSR to believe the customer.  I spent too many years in middle management corporate culture to believe the corporation.  Both lie with a straight face. So, I'm equally, cynical, and biased against both. My faith in this virtual world is cynical but I'll enjoy it as I can and for as long as I can, and for as long as it keeps being fun.  So, here and now, yes I do have more faith in Linden Lab as a cold hearted  corporate b*tch to do things to maximize profits and minimize disruptions.  As both the Ferengi and MandalorE would say: tossing away revenue needlessly is not the way. 

But as the moles would say.  We drift off topic, so for this sub thread, I'm done.  Pax :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It makes sense, since "G" regions, being "safe for kids", would be a "target rich environment".

My takeaway is, "G" regions need good/better policing.

Indeed, I used to enjoy going to the Social Hub as it's G land and because there are usually always one of the Moles around and they're fun to talk to. Mini Mole even gave me a teddy bear and Viola Mole is a very kind. Now though I'm not even sure if I would be allowed to go - the landing part often has newbies making their avatars and that can lead to all sorts of problems with nudity. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The ToS and it's faq are documents intended to inspire us to have confidence in how the Lab operates. Some degree of transparency is required to give us a degree of faith that they are doing what they said they will. Otherwise, why would anyone choose to invest in a platform that can remove one's investment on a whim without giving some explanation communicated in whatever way is best? That is not about legalities, there are multiple ways they can communicate directly and indirectly that they are worthy of our confidence in their leadership and operations.

Personally, I'm not seeing that at the moment.

I do not see more than a handful individuals who do neither get an idea on the reasons for the changes nor understand the content of the ToS.

1 minute ago, Monika Skydancer said:
1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Governance has stated they send warning letters and try to reeducate first.

They also said if the violation is really bad they'll go for an instant permaban.

We keep telling Arielle that, but I think she doesn't believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1