So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Just now, Wincil said:

Why would there need to be distaste with the current rules and how they were worded anyway?

I don't know, I am not the other people. But people felt it imperative for change to happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

since Governance seems to go through one's history looking for justifications for why they can ban an account aside for the reported offence.

How do you know this?

You don't know this, in fact.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

That is part of life, as unfair as it is. That is just part of life. 

Tbh I wouldn't agree with that being a part of of life.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Today I realized, that assumptions and analogies have something in common.

IMG_9042.jpeg

Yep, they both start with "A" and have the letters "i", "n", "o" & "s" in! :P 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Today I realized, that assumptions and analogies have something in common.

IMG_9042.jpeg

Well, to the degree that they are both built upon premises that may or may not be valid, yes!

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Almost no one here is doing that and certainly not me...ngl.  We're discussing how LL needs to clarify certain aspects of their new rules concerning children not only for the children's sake but also for the adults so they DO NOT FALSELY AR child avatars.

Well aslo adult avatar's can be falsey AR'ed btw and I'm pretty sure that can be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

History of previous AR's, maybe. Not chat history, teleport history, etc. 

Absolutely. I would hope so!

But that's not "looking for justifications for why they can ban an account aside for the reported offence."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

May I ask why? 

I just don't see how it is from what I can tell it isn't really.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah life is what you make it, means your life. Do you play the victim or do you just not give a crap about certain things? Do you choose to be positive or negative? That is what it means. Not changing life for others around you, to a point where they have to see it your way or they are wrong. 

I didn't say anything about imposing one persons will on anyone else but I don't agree that the only life you have the power to change is your own.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, to the degree that they are both built upon premises that may or may not be valid, yes!

"*****-isis" and "Ass-umption" ("You know what happens when you assume? You make an @ss out of U and Me.")

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I didn't say anything about imposing one persons will on anyone else but I don't agree that the only life you have the power to change is your own.

Well, you do only have the power to change your life.  And how would you go and change someone else's life? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Absolutely. I would hope so!

But that's not "looking for justifications for why they can ban an account aside for the reported offence."

Oddly, in RL (at least in the US), it's not always allowed to take into account previous crimes when judging a defendant.

But in this case with SL, I think the analogy is more like, they decide you're guilty FIRST, then decide the punishment based on the current and past "convictions".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Well aslo adult avatar's can be falsey AR'ed btw and I'm pretty sure that can be addressed.

It has been addressed.  ARing a naked adult on Moderate land is not, in and of itself, reportable yet some will do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oddly, in RL (at least in the US), it's not always allowed to take into account previous crimes when judging a defendant.

But in this case with SL, I think the analogy is more like, they decide you're guilty FIRST, then decide the punishment based on the current and past "convictions".

Well in Canadian and America Justice Systems. It's innocent until proven guilty. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well, you do only have the power to change your life.  And how would you go and change someone else's life? 

In a myriad of different ways.  There are countless incidents of people changing each others lives both for the better and for the worse.

I'm a little confused as to what we're debating here because you stated that you agree that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", I replied that I disagree and would prefer to preserve the whole, and now you seem to be arguing that nobody has the right to change the status quo and attempting to preserve the whole is essentially a bad thing... I guess you really want to sacrifice those few, huh? :P 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again this just my opinion and not everyone sees it that way.

You mean like how everyone doesn't see anime the same way?  Their opinion?  

Anyway...carry on.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You mean like how everyone doesn't see anime the same way?  Their opinion?  

Anyway...carry on.

Yes that what I was trying to point out is not everyone sees anime in the same way.

Edited by Wincil
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Let's see. Could AR them for doing things that could get them banned from SL. In RL you could assault them, get them fired, doxx them, SWAT them, or get them arrested.

I think it comes from a place of privilege and ignorance to say nobody else can affect or change someone else's life.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1