Adding Group for Linden Home Security Access

Hara Surya

So, I've been having a problem with random people just coming into my Linden Home. (To the point, people I've blocked are TPing in and fooling around with my stuff.)

I want to set up the Linden security system provided with my home and set it to Allow Group. So, the Security system is under my Group, under About Land -> General has my Group listed, but the security system still boots people who are in the Group.

There is absolutely zero instruction anywhere about how to get this to work. The notecard that comes with it doesn't have a single word, Google searches - including of this forum specifically - come up with nothing, and the menus in system itself are the opposite of intuitive.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently it's been updated relatively recently (thought it might be years at this point) and has "Allow Group" and "NOT Group" options. Supposedly, from what I've found in searches, you can add a Group you have control of to be an Allow list.

From what I understand, the Allow List is laughably small (like a 20-30 person maximum) and basically useless for any sort of real use.

What would be better, is to blanket disallow people from my block list.

Edited by Hara Surya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hara Surya said:

Apparently it's been updated relatively recently (thought it might be years at this point) and has "Allow Group" and "NOT Group" options. Supposedly, from what I've found in searches, you can add a Group you have control of to be an Allow list.

From what I understand, the Allow List is laughably small (like a 20-30 person maximum) and basically useless for any sort of real use.

What would be better, is to blanket disallow people from my block list.

Unless I am not understanding what you are trying to do, you don't need a security system to ban a specific user from your parcel.  The parcel owner has always had the ability to do this.  Note, ONLY the parcel owner has this ability.
image.png.ee7f88155eb30cacf6cdcd033de2baea.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hara Surya said:

So, the Security system is under my Group, under About Land -> General has my Group listed, but the security system still boots people who are in the Group.

Group members need to have the group tag active to be allowed access.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:11 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

Unless I am not understanding what you are trying to do, you don't need a security system to ban a specific user from your parcel.  The parcel owner has always had the ability to do this.  Note, ONLY the parcel owner has this ability.
image.png.ee7f88155eb30cacf6cdcd033de2baea.png

That would be fine, except I literally have random people popping in uninvited.

1 hour ago, Hara Surya said:

That would be fine, except I literally have random people popping in uninvited.

You can use any security orb you want you just have to follow the covenant rules for the orb. Find one that allows only groups and use that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, Kathlen Onyx said:

You can use any security orb you want you just have to follow the covenant rules for the orb. Find one that allows only groups and use that.

I'll have to do that. I was trying to save some money by using the built-in features, but the better solution is third-party. I would say I'm surprised, but that's kind of how life is in general...lol

Posted (edited)

Version LH - Security System // V2.3.2 supports the "Allow Group" feature, which will remove a non group member from your parcel following a 15 second warning. You get the security system by clicking House Controller in front of your Linden Home and clicking on that menu item. Don't forget to set your parcel to your desired group.

This version comes with a notecard titled "Using the Second Generation Linden Homes Security System", which explains the operation of this device (in English).

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

Also keep in mind that it is possible that other people had your house before you did and set their home to there.  Sometimes they forget to set their home elsewhere when they move, and when they log in they're still in what is now your home.  

Using the Linden security panel as described above and making sure your guests have the group active, that should work as advertised.  Other than land-banning them, there's not much else you can do about people who already set their home to that parcel before you claimed it; though you could ask them to set their home elsewhere and see if that helps your situation.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Version LH - Security System // V2.3.2 supports the "Allow Group" feature, which will remove a non group member from your parcel following a 15 second warning. You get the security system by clicking House Controller in front of your Linden Home and clicking on that menu item. Don't forget to set your parcel to your desired group.

This version comes with a notecard titled "Using the Second Generation Linden Homes Security System", which explains the operation of this device (in English).

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Except it doesn't work, and the notecard says nothing about how to make it work. Once it's active, even set to group and the guest wearing the group tag, the guest gets booted.

Edited by Hara Surya

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hymn Celestia said:

Also keep in mind that it is possible that other people had your house before you did and set their home to there.  Sometimes they forget to set their home elsewhere when they move, and when they log in they're still in what is now your home.  

Using the Linden security panel as described above and making sure your guests have the group active, that should work as advertised.  Other than land-banning them, there's not much else you can do about people who already set their home to that parcel before you claimed it; though you could ask them to set their home elsewhere and see if that helps your situation.

I've literally had people I recently chatted with in groups or on other parcels, and blocked, drop by (one time with a friend who starts hurling abuse at me for telling them to leave). I've had a guy walk in and tell me, "I thought you looked hot" while bare-assed naked and sporting an erection.

No, the people coming aren't former residents of the home, they're people harassing me.

And now, I'm getting people harassing me, in-world, over this forum thread.

Edited by Hara Surya

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Hara Surya said:

Except it doesn't work, and the notecard says nothing about how to make it work.

Two things: 

1.  The "Allow Group" option works fine for me.  I have my parcel set to my group, and I had my group active when I rezzed the security system (to be sure that it is in the same group that I wanted to allow).  I set it up as Diamond documents above - BE SURE TO TURN IT ON (by pressing the power button as Diamond indicates) after you configure the settings.  The light on the system will be green if it is on.  I logged in an alt and set their group to a store group, and the system warned them when they entered the parcel, and ejected them after 15 seconds.  I then changed my alt's group to the land group, and they were able to enter and stay in the parcel.  That is how it is supposed to work.

2.  No one has ever come onto one of my parcels to harrass me.  Then again, my parcel location is not in my picks, and I do not list sexual, particularly kink, preferences on my profile either.  Oh, yes, you SHOULD be able to do both those things without being bothered by unwelcome visitors.   But, jerks abound. So yes, you do need a security system that works for you.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Two things: 

1.  The "Allow Group" option works fine for me.  I have my parcel set to my group, and I had my group active when I rezzed the security system (to be sure that it is in the same group that I wanted to allow).  I set it up as Diamond documents above - BE SURE TO TURN IT ON (by pressing the power button as Diamond indicates) after you configure the settings.  The light on the system will be green if it is on.  I logged in an alt and set their group to a store group, and the system warned them when they entered the parcel, and ejected them after 15 seconds.  I then changed my alt's group to the land group, and they were able to enter and stay in the parcel.  That is how it is supposed to work.

2.  No one has ever come onto one of my parcels to harrass me.  Then again, my parcel location is not in my picks, and I do not list sexual, particularly kink, preferences on my profile either.  Oh, yes, you SHOULD be able to do both those things without being bothered by unwelcome visitors.   But, jerks abound. So yes, you do need a security system that works for you.

And, yet again, I've done ALL THAT, and it doesn't work for me.

You know what? Just stop replying to this thread. Everyone here has been utterly useless and have actively made my experience, including in world, worse. I regret asking for help, this has been entirely pointless.

I would say thank for nothing, but I've gotten less than nothing. I have people message me, in world, to abuse me over this thread.

P.S. Also, thanks for the victim blaming, I'll remember that if I ever need help from this worse than useless forum again.

Edited by Hara Surya
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Hara Surya said:

Except it doesn't work, and the notecard says nothing about how to make it work. Once it's active, even set to group and the guest wearing the group tag, the guest gets booted.

It does work.  I tried it today on my alts Linden home.  Got booted until I activated the land's group tag.  Maybe a support ticket?

• Like 3

*blinks*  Wow.

Well, I'm going to say thanks to all of you for the knowledge you shared. I didn't know how to make the group thing work on my Linden Home and just typed the names in one by one. It seemed easier after my sister got shot across the Fantasy region twice and threatened me with bodily harm if I did it again. (She got me back when she first got her Ranch. I don't think that she really "forgot" to put my name in her security system. Honestly, it had been two years since I'd done it first. She never forgets anything.) I'm always going to be thankful for any information you all pass on and if it, for some reason, doesn't work for me, I'll still be thankful that you all tried.

You guys need cookies. Or a cocktail. Or both. 

Thank you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hara Surya said:

I would say thank for nothing, but I've gotten less than nothing. I have people message me, in world, to abuse me over this thread.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience.  Perhaps there is something wrong with your parcel or the region.  If you submit a support ticket, a Linden will help you out.  Be sure to mention that you've read and followed the security system instructions.

• Like 1