Shot into the sky

BillFletcher

Question

I recently went to a sim, and then TPed in another avatar who I was going to do a photo shoot with. I briefly spoke to someone else and then started to give instructions to my model. I then shot high into the air. I didn't go to another sim just up very high. I TPd someplace else and fell to the ground, and went back, only to have it happen again right away, after the third try I gave up. I thought that somehow I had been banned from the sim so sent a message to the owner asking why but I never heard from them. I have since then gone back to the sim and this doesn't happen. is this something that someone could have done to me? Maybe to get me away from my model, she did say she got an IM from someone there. 

9 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yup. You were orbited. That used to be a thing years ago, but I haven't heard it being done much for a while.  As Sandi says, just sit down.

none of my push toys work very well if at all, even the old freebie orbiters from those freebie places no longer work.   weird this one got orbited.

3 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

none of my push toys work very well if at all, even the old freebie orbiters from those freebie places no longer work.   weird this one got orbited.

Orbiters still work and are very easy to make.

As long as either pushing or rezzing is enabled, it can happen.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 1:45 AM, sandi Mexicola said:

Could be you were being griefed.  Try ground sitting, that makes you a lot harder to move.  :)

or photografing isn't allowed there... could also be the case, 
or just the owner was having a bad day.

On 4/29/2024 at 1:52 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

or photografing isn't allowed there... could also be the case, 
or just the owner was having a bad day.

No it was a griefer the owner got back to me later and had been out of town and has no issue with anything i was doing. I now know what it is and if it happens again ill figure out who did it and report them.

On 4/28/2024 at 11:32 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Orbiters still work and are very easy to make.

As long as either pushing or rezzing is enabled, it can happen.

I remember, many years ago, we found a bug where you could run at somebody and jump at them, and if the top corner of their physics box hit the bottom corner of your physics box, they would overlap just enough to cause the person you jumped at to be thrown across the sim, even if pushing was turned off.  You know, kinda like if you rez a few prims on top of each other, then turn them all physical at once.  I'm pretty sure this was pre-havok, so IDK if it still works like that.

1 hour ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

I remember, many years ago, we found a bug where you could run at somebody and jump at them, and if the top corner of their physics box hit the bottom corner of your physics box, they would overlap just enough to cause the person you jumped at to be thrown across the sim, even if pushing was turned off.  You know, kinda like if you rez a few prims on top of each other, then turn them all physical at once.  I'm pretty sure this was pre-havok, so IDK if it still works like that.

That doesn't happen anymore for sure. As niche as that sounds, it's a situation that I run into a lot on a regular basis and would've experienced it. 😋

• Haha 1