Firestorm Fails To Load In.

Hey mates. I have an issue with Firestorm failing to load in on my main avatar. I know it's not my set up because I do content creation and live stream outside of SL land so my hardware and internet are good. I do have over 220k in inventory, but I also know people with more then me who have no issues logging in on older rigs then mine. I can log an alt fine with only 15k items. I didn't have issues until I updated to the current version when I was forced off my previous one. So my question is this. Is there a setting or something I can tweak with how the game loads you in with either inventory and/or textures to see if that resolves the issue? It's also fair to note that this is the only viewer that I have this issue on. I can log in with Singularity with no problems. I think Firestorm just doesn't like me anymore. lol In any case thanks in advance for any help and advice you all have. Have an awesome day everyone!👍😎

13 hours ago, Perrie Juran said:

Firestorm has a help page on log in failures.

Hopefully this helps

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_login_issues

Thanks mate. I read over the link you gave me. A lot of that would apply if I were having issues logging in just in general. I can log other accounts fine with no issues. It's only on my main I am having this issue. I could have sworn Firestorm had a setting on how textures and inventory were fetched. I can't seem to find it. I don't know if it was removed or what. I also forgot to mention I can't even log in to that account with cache cleared. lol Another question I meant to ask though was what is the max amount of items you can pack up in a box? A good chunk of my inventory I can probably just simply box up. I have a lot of gacha crap I collected from back in the day I can pack up to size things down. Thanks again for the help mate. I appreciate it.👍😎

9 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Another question I meant to ask though was what is the max amount of items you can pack up in a box? A good chunk of my inventory I can probably just simply box up. I have a lot of gacha crap I collected from back in the day I can pack up to size things down. Thanks again for the help mate. I appreciate it.👍😎

Maximum number of inventory items that can be contained in a prim: 10,000

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Maximum number of inventory items that can be contained in a prim: 10,000

Awesome! That'll work. Thank you. lol I can probably size half my inventory down easy, peezy, lemon squeezy and I'm thinking it might solve a big chunk of my issue. I don't know how a lot of my mates with more inventory then I rock are managing, but I am about to spend a day here soon and box the living crap out of my inventory. lol Thanks again for the help mate. Much appreciated. 👍😎

I once put "too many" items in a prim.  At the time I asked support how many is "too many"?  They patiently explained to me that, at the time, there was no specific codified limit but that there was a practical limit effected by how many items could load to be displayed by the viewer without something timing out or data going missing.  I was given a solution to recovering access to the items I had stored in the prim.  It was to add one more item, a script that had been crafted to offer an item to me then ask me if I received it so that item could then be deleted from the prim's task inventory.  It was not a particularly handy way to get items back because it offered one item at a time, apparently selected at random.  I could not help but feel I was being pranked.  I wasn't bothered by this because all of the items I had placed in the prim were things I had made playing a game where people try to guess what I am building.  Now, many years later, I can rez that same storage prim and all of the items stored within it show up in the list in a short period of time.  There are only a few hundred items in there, so, hearing it said that the limit is now 10,000 is quite interesting.

I checked the limit of inventory a prim could contain as I had thought it was 3,000. And Rowan Amore is quite right - it is 10,000.

While on that page, I looked unsuccessfully for the maximum size of inventory a linkset could hold (important for texture organisers for example). Does anyone know where I can find that information please? Thank you :) 

In addition to all the above it is important to know that the nunber of items per folder is "theoretically" 10,000, but the practical limit is much less, same as the number of items you can squeeze into a prim.  You can put 10,000 items into a single prim if you have the patience of Job, but good luck in ever getting them back out.

More important a large (>1,000 say) number of items in a folder can cause slow logins and larger folders will most likely cause the login process to "time out" and fail.  Contact Linden Lab Support about that, they can "unflatten" your inventory (frankly if you can do it yourself it is less ugly, they will do it but it's not pretty).

Edited by Aishagain
tidying up typos etc