Is CasperLet rental boxes offline?

I am paying rent to a box made by CasperLet rental system. When I click "pay" I used to get up the options pay one week, 2 weeks, etc.

But now when I click pay, these options are gone in the "pay resident" window. I contacted the landlord to let him know about my trouble. It is only 8 hours left, and I hope I am not evicted after the time is up.

I asked the landlord to pay him directly, but have not heard back.

Edit: I have tried both Firestorm and the LL Official viewer. Same result.

casperlet.png

Edited by Marianne Little
changed image

I am with Caspertech suppot.

These options are not standard. They depend on the the way the landlord set up their system. We are currently not experiencing any issues with Casperlet.

Edited by Jules Catlyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It appears they changed the settings to completely disable payments. There's neither the 4 options you had before, nor the place to put in your own custom amount.

Check for any missed notices, notecards, etc.

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Diablo Lioncourt said:

It appears they changed the settings to completely disable payments. There's neither the 4 options you had before, nor the place to put in your own custom amount.

Check for any missed notices, notecards, etc.

It's possible that I have missed something. I am bombarded with group messages and notecards about weekend sales every time I log in. It's groups I have paid for, so I can not quit them. But it is really annoying, it is only spam.

But I hope he is reading my IM. I will look in the rentals group.

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It's possible that I have missed something. I am bombarded with group messages and notecards about weekend sales every time I log in. It's groups I have paid for, so I can not quit them. But it is really annoying, it is only spam.

I have no way of knowing if he's going to see your IMs. Policy or procedure for how to get help/submit a ticket can vary widely between landlords.

I'd check my inventory for notecards. If you were capped its possible you were sent one but didn't get a "soandso offered you inventory".

Hope this works out for you.

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I may have misunderstood, but will mention this just in case: Don't forget that you can make changes in group profile boxes to *not* receive group messages and/or notices if you wish. You don't have to actually leave a group to avoid receiving that group's spam.

• Like 2

Ah, I am worried that this is not going to end well. It is a kiosk in his office, to browse or pay. I can not pay there either. I find the parcels that's available for rent. They have boxes with CasparLet scripts inside, but the same empty when I click them. I was going to see if I could rent. Not that I would, but I wanted to see if it was payment options in them.

Maybe he's not going to rent out anymore, and will sell it. It is no notices in the group, and while I am thinking about it, I do not think I have missed a notecard. I have usually got a warning that I have so-and so long time left to rent.

Anyways, I have picked up my no copy things and are just waiting to see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

You can disable notices from groups without quiting them, then re-enable them whenever you wish in the profile for each group.

If your landlord intentionally disabled all payments, this could signal that he intends to close the rental group. Can you contact other renters to ask if they're experiencing similar problems?

Since you've contacted your landlord, if he does automatically evict you, you will at least have proof that you had a technical problem and tried to remedy it. He might reinstate your rental with an apology for the confusion and possibly a week or so of free rent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe he's not going to rent out anymore, and will sell it. It is no notices in the group, and while I am thinking about it, I do not think I have missed a notecard. I have usually got a warning that I have so-and so long time left to rent.

Anyways, I have picked up my no copy things and are just waiting to see what happens.

Good move. Always pick up your No Copy items if the situation seems tenuous.

• Like 1

I got a message from him, he says his account manager has contacted me. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It was fair enough that the landlord replied within 24 hours. I can't complain.

Yep, the land is going to be set for sale. Well, I haven't lost any rent.

I would have bought Mainland, if it wasn't for that effing VAT and taxes. There are never any guarantee that I can keep land, when I rent on Mainland or on an estate. Only purchases from LL can I be sure to keep "forever". (As long as Second Life exists and I pay tier to LL)

So a bit sad, but it is not the end of the world. Lots of places to rent, but I was very lucky there with that location.

• Like 3

I would have bought Mainland, if it wasn't for that effing VAT and taxes. There are never any guarantee that I can keep land, when I rent on Mainland or on an estate. Only purchases from LL can I be sure to keep "forever". (As long as Second Life exists and I pay tier to LL)

Have you considered having several alts with premium accounts which will give you "free tier" for mainland parcels. If you pay yearly, you do not pay VAT on premium membership. Your alts would join a group to amalgamate the land, and you can make use of the group bonus that way too.

You will need to buy the plot of course.

20 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Have you considered having several alts with premium accounts which will give you "free tier" for mainland parcels. If you pay yearly, you do not pay VAT on premium membership. Your alts would join a group to amalgamate the land, and you can make use of the group bonus that way too.

You will need to buy the plot of course.

I have been thinking about it, but it will be a lot of money to pay yearly for all alts in one go. I had several Premium accounts and a land group when I was working. I also had the alts holding several houses in Bellisseria the first years, then I was reducing the number to zero. Now I am living on disability benefits.

It is also the price of the land of course.

I was very lucky and rented a perfect place in Mainland, and I have no doubt that the land will be sold for a hefty price. 

And I really liked that piece of SL, but I am a realist. It is too much money. I do not sit and think it is sad that I have moved, or that life isn't fair. SL is a hobby that I set up a budget for, and I do not forget it and start throwing money around to keep virtual land. I already have another place. 🙂

• Like 1