Forum Banned Word List

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"*****" is not allowed, but "bastard" is.

A bastard, after all, is a coarse cutting metal file.  Machinists and metalworkers use them all the time.  😉

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Another example, I believe "Nazi" is not allowed, but "fascist" is. *Edit* Ok, I was wrong about this.

There is also gender favoritism: I believe that "*****" is not allowed, but "bastard" is.

Bastard is a gender neutral word. Jerk is allowed. SOB is allowed. I"m pretty sure the "C-word" is not allowed. I think we all know that certain sex-specific physiology words are not allowed in their proper forms, but many silly euphemisms for them are allowed.

This reminds me of elementary school, way back when you could get a slap upside the head by your educators in the US..

🤔  ¬_¬ 

shhhh....   it's around the corner.

🕶️

They'll never get me!

/me runs for the hills

As a side note, it really doesn't bother me that there are some words censored here, or when my posts are modified.  In the grand scheme of things, I just find it curious.  On other social sites, I always find it is kind of weird how far out of the way people will go to get past them,  kind of like the entire "Shhh, it's around the corner" where it is seen somehow as rebellious by them, by sticking it to 'da man!  Entire secret words have been created by others, and when I do read people's comments on other sites I am finding it harder to keep up with the evolution of language to bypass the moderation and find like minded individuals.  

We humans are weird.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

This reminds me of elementary school, way back when you could get a slap upside the head by your educators in the US..

🤔  ¬_¬ 

shhhh....   it's around the corner.

🕶️

They'll never get me!

/me runs for the hills

As a side note, it really doesn't bother me that there are some words censored here, or when my posts are modified.  In the grand scheme of things, I just find it curious.  On other social sites, I always find it is kind of weird how far out of the way people will go to get past them,  kind of like the entire "Shhh, it's around the corner" where it is seen somehow as rebellious by them, by sticking it to 'da man!  Entire secret words have been created by others, and when I do read people on other sites I am finding it harder to keep up with the evolution of language to bypass the moderation and find like minded individuals.  

We humans are weird.

It's nice that you don't have a sense of entitlement!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's nice that you don't have a sense of entitlement!

I try to be polite when on other people's property, I even return my shopping carts at Walmart 😋 (I even return items where they belong, when I decide I don't want them)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I try to be polite when on other people's property, I even return my shopping carts at Walmart 😋 (I even return items where they belong, when I decide I don't want them)

Same, and that's all it really is, too. I'd say I'm surprised some find it new or unusual or somehow limiting if I thought they were arguing in good faith, buuuut I know better these days (like the carrying-on about it on Twitter, yeesh, forget all that).

I have been toning down and moderating my own colorful language ever since I first learned my first swears (which is probably in the single-digits, as I grew up watching some of the foulest-mouthed individuals in comedy, lol). Can't say that around mom, she'd have a fit (I gave up that personal rule once I hit my teens, though - couldn't hold it in THAT long). Whoops, lemme not tell my sis to !!! her !!!!! !!!! into a raging !!! of !!!! !!!! (despite really, really wanting to). Okay time for school, guess I shouldn't tell my teacher to !! or get caught telling off little so-n-so she's such a !!! !!! with a side of !! !!!!. 

Grow up, start using the Internet - hey guys, make sure you keep the chat G/PG. Damn, well then I guess I'd better not say !!! and definitely not !!. Hey cool, got my first job, wow my boss is a real !!, but perhaps I shouldn't say that out loud cuz getting fired is a thing.

On, and on, and on, and on. I learned this at like 8, and as @Rolig Loon so eloquently said, these are all the same words we've been using forever, so nothing banned on this forum is new to me. Anything perceived to be new is just the result of an atmosphere where we've come to realize that annoying everyone isn't the nicest thing to do, like chats and sites banning discussions of spoilers, for example. Spoiling is not even offensive, but it's really, really obnoxious and will get you muted or yeeted out of some places.

Now, catch me outside of moderation, and I've got all kinds of interesting words...  😂

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1