BBB & Bias: Currently FOUR regions to 'decorate' for the 'community event'?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Folks,  this thread has needed yet another clean-up -- the third since it started.

Could you start a new section in the forum for all these missing posts you clean up every day?  Some of us have other jobs and need to take naps (cause we are old) and miss all the trash.  It would be read-only of course.  You could even black out the names.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's too bad so much of the discussion here is missing the point of the OP.

It's not about whether someone gets left out of a coterie. It's certainly not about crapping on people who've put a lot of work into organizing fun events for residents -- no one would or could deny that the BBB does that. And it's not about someone who hasn't done the work wanting to "get in" -- the OP has contributed a huge amount to the community: she has an enormously impressive resume of work done that benefits SL.

The issues being highlighted by the OP here are systemic, and relate to how LL chooses to engage with community leaders -- and who it decides, for its own corporate reasons, to ignore or even hamper.

As much as I hate to suggest there is a sort of FIC dynamic at work here (it's a concept I've ridiculed generally in other contexts), it is absolutely clear to me, after having done a little digging around, that LL has managed all of this rather poorly, and has decided that there is a pretty select group of community leaders, creators, and so forth that it will listen to and employ for projects like this -- that it "favours" in other words.

I am sure that this is not malicious or deliberately nasty: LL is a business, not a democracy, and it chooses, I'm sure, approaches that seem most efficient for its own corporate purposes. But it's also very poor community relations, and it's evidently causing damage.

Kudos, genuinely, to the BBB for all of the great work it does. But the lack of transparency and openness, as well as an apparently very real tendency of LL to not merely ignore, but maybe actually impede "competing" creators and community leaders, is obviously a problem. And it's possible to find that problematic without hating on the BBB or even LL itself.

It's a system that needs to be rethought.

To be clear, I have no horse in this race, as I live on the Mainland rather than Belli. Nor am I in-world friends with anyone here involved. I don't have "insights" that aren't available to anyone who does a bit of reading and listening, and I can't vouch for the veracity of everything that has been said on either side

But this would be a much more productive and fruitful discussion if it stopped focusing on personalities and motives, and started to examine instead exactly how things are being run by LL and the BBB. In other words, how can the system be made better and more inclusive.

If only life were fair! 

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

how things are being run by LL and the BBB

The BBB has power and is running things? TIL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's too bad so much of the discussion here is missing the point of the OP.

It's not about whether someone gets left out of a coterie. It's certainly not about crapping on people who've put a lot of work into organizing fun events for residents -- no one would or could deny that the BBB does that. And it's not about someone who hasn't done the work wanting to "get in" -- the OP has contributed a huge amount to the community: she has an enormously impressive resume of work done that benefits SL.

The issues being highlighted by the OP here are systemic, and relate to how LL chooses to engage with community leaders -- and who it decides, for its own corporate reasons, to ignore or even hamper.

As much as I hate to suggest there is a sort of FIC dynamic at work here (it's a concept I've ridiculed generally in other contexts), it is absolutely clear to me, after having done a little digging around, that LL has managed all of this rather poorly, and has decided that there is a pretty select group of community leaders, creators, and so forth that it will listen to and employ for projects like this -- that it "favours" in other words.

I am sure that this is not malicious or deliberately nasty: LL is a business, not a democracy, and it chooses, I'm sure, approaches that seem most efficient for its own corporate purposes. But it's also very poor community relations, and it's evidently causing damage.

Kudos, genuinely, to the BBB for all of the great work it does. But the lack of transparency and openness, as well as an apparently very real tendency of LL to not merely ignore, but maybe actually impede "competing" creators and community leaders, is obviously a problem. And it's possible to find that problematic without hating on the BBB or even LL itself.

It's a system that needs to be rethought.

To be clear, I have no horse in this race, as I live on the Mainland rather than Belli. Nor am I in-world friends with anyone here involved. I don't have "insights" that aren't available to anyone who does a bit of reading and listening, and I can't vouch for the veracity of everything that has been said on either side

But this would be a much more productive and fruitful discussion if it stopped focusing on personalities and motives, and started to examine instead exactly how things are being run by LL and the BBB. In other words, how can the system be made better and more inclusive.

I couldn't put this into better words myself.

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If only life were fair! 

So letting a major community sit here and bully a competitor to one of their products off the grid, and having their associates gaslight her and all who either suffered her same fate or stand behind her, is okay to just let happen, Love? Not even regarding the fact they have a working relationship with LL? If I were head of Product Operations and I saw Feorie's video, I'd be ordering the event postponed and the BBB, B5APC come forth with Feorie and other concerned parties to bring evidence to the table and sort this mess out.

That is all I want, is some accountability and for the bad actors to be shown the door. If the BBB would disavow the actions of those who did wrong against Feorie et al, I would have *NO* problem with them. None at all. Sure, there would be bitterness from the fact it happened at all, but I would let time heal that wound and decide whether I would want to engage with them down the line.

Life may not be fair, but it sure as hell is not an excuse to tolerate injustice.

Edited by Rathgrith027
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Except...

As it turns out, the BBB is not organizing this -- it is organized by seven people (listed above in Prudence Anton's Post). Not a single one of them is a member of the BBB.

Is this you guys? 

IMG_1739.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Rathgrith027 said:

I couldn't put this into better words myself.

So letting a major community sit here and bully a competitor to one of their products off the grid, and having their associates gaslight her and all who either suffered her same fate or stand behind her, is okay to just let happen, Love? Not even regarding the fact they have a working relationship with LL? If I were head of Product Operations and I saw Feorie's video, I'd be ordering the event postponed and the BBB, B5APC come forth with Feorie and other concerned parties to bring evidence to the table and sort this mess out.

That is all I want, is some accountability and for the bad actors to be shown the door. If the BBB would disavow the actions of those who did wrong against Feorie et al, I would have *NO* problem with them. None at all. Sure, there would be bitterness from the fact it happened at all, but I would let time heal that wound and decide whether I would want to engage with them down the line.

Life may not be fair, but it sure as hell is not an excuse to tolerate injustice.

Ok I feel like if this had been toward the beginning of this thread it would have cut to the issue instead of kind of dancing around it and having people get off on to tangents.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

Ok I feel like if this had been toward the beginning of this thread it would have cut to the issue instead of kind of dancing around it and having people get off on to tangents.

I honestly wish I did, Milly. Would have probably spared the Lindens more likely than not the trouble to come in here.. three times in a row.

But then again, I proceeded to roast the BBB over an open fire fervently in a deleted post made mostly out of frustration than anything else so... yeah.

Edited by Rathgrith027
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.