SL Events

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all, has anyone updated in the format of SL Events in the past 20 years?

Second, "You are only allowed to submit 15 events in a 24 hour period. Please wait and try again." While this is ridiculous to begin with, as you count a single reoccurring event against this count I am pointing out that having this for SL Events postings that I have bought and paid for is unethical. I can accept you want to limit larger venues flooding SL Events with postings (though on that note you seem to have no issue with them posting sexually explicit posts against Community Standards) but to restrict already existing posts from being edited is non-sensical. Do you not want your members to have accurate up to date information in a timely manner (if I have multiple events and I have to update one reoccurring one 12 times then I can only update one other three times and I'm stuck for 24 hours). Please drop this ridiculous limitation on EDITING posts.

2 minutes ago, Winter Silversmith said:

(though on that note you seem to have no issue with them posting sexually explicit posts against Community Standards)

you only see adult listings in the events calendar when yóur settings are on AMG .. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
53 minutes ago, Winter Silversmith said:

(though on that note you seem to have no issue with them posting sexually explicit posts against Community Standards)

you only see adult listings in the events calendar when yóur settings are on AMG .. 

While this is true, as Rowan pointed out (sometime in the last week or so), all event descriptions are supposed to be General in content - even listings for Adult events:

https://secondlife.com/my/community/events/tos.php?nextpage=%2Fmy%2Fcommunity%2Fevents%2Fedit.php%3Flang%3Den-US

image.png.7156353abdf036e15dc61449740cbae8.png

By the same token, I just did a quick skim of the first few pages of Events and did not find anything "sexually explicit" in the descriptions.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

They still violate Community Standards, Adult or not. The graphic depiction or suggestion of sexual acts does not comply with CS regardless of your Rating.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While this is true, as Rowan pointed out (sometime in the last week or so), all event descriptions are supposed to be General in content - even listings for Adult events:

https://secondlife.com/my/community/events/tos.php?nextpage=%2Fmy%2Fcommunity%2Fevents%2Fedit.php%3Flang%3Den-US

image.png.7156353abdf036e15dc61449740cbae8.png

By the same token, I just did a quick skim of the first few pages of Events and did not find anything "sexually explicit" in the descriptions.

It might be a time of day thing, the one posting I had come up at 2AM last week was certainly not "General" in nature, though I guess some of the sexual position names could be seen as a "general" description :O

31 minutes ago, Winter Silversmith said:

They still violate Community Standards, Adult or not. The graphic depiction or suggestion of sexual acts does not comply with CS regardless of your Rating.

I asked LL this question a few years ago and they have yet to.change the requirements on the events page.  The explanation I was given was...since adult events need to be held on adult land, your OWN maturity levels.will determine what you see in events just like any other search function.  As I did show earlier in the week, if your own maturity levels are only set to see General searches, you will not see any adult listings in events.  LL is very slow to make necessary changes.  I even explained it again to Dyna Mole in another thread.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I asked LL this question a few years ago and they have yet to.change the requirements on the events page.  The explanation I was given was...since adult events need to be held on adult land, your OWN maturity levels.will determine what you see in events just like any other search function.  As I did show earlier in the week, if your own maturity levels are only set to see General searches, you will not see any adult listings in events.  LL is very slow to make necessary changes.  I even explained it again to Dyna Mole in another thread.

See now, here's a good reply and prompt of discussion. All of the "forums" dealing with this are YEARS old and many were closed with no resolution or anything. I think it's our place as members of this community to talk as neighbours. But as I said, again, Community Standards apply "Adult" or not. They have no way to report offending SL Event posts either. Not without 6 miles of click here click there to finally send a suggestion somewhere. (now that would be a LL question, but it's more of an observation, again). 

1 hour ago, Winter Silversmith said:

See now, here's a good reply and prompt of discussion. All of the "forums" dealing with this are YEARS old and many were closed with no resolution or anything. I think it's our place as members of this community to talk as neighbours. But as I said, again, Community Standards apply "Adult" or not. They have no way to report offending SL Event posts either. Not without 6 miles of click here click there to finally send a suggestion somewhere. (now that would be a LL question, but it's more of an observation, again). 

This is still.NOT the place for.discussion but specific answers to specific questions therefore, that will be my last response.  I've asked the mods.to move it.  [Moved to General Discussion by moderator]

With that said, if you read the Community Standards links posted,.it says in regards.to Adult (ignore what the Events page says)...

1. Adult Regions, Groups, and Listings

Second Life is an adult community, but "Adult" content, activity and communication are not permitted on the Second Life "mainland." Such material is permitted on private regions, or on the Adult Continent, Zindra. In either case, any Adult content, activity, or communication, that falls under our Adult Maturity Definition must be on regions designated as "Adult," and will be filtered from non-verified accounts. Other regions may be designated as either "Moderate" or "General." For more information on how to designate land, events, groups, and classified listings, please carefully read the "Maturity Definitions."

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

This is still.NOT the place for.discussion but specific answers to specific questions therefore, that will be my last response.  I've asked the mods.to move it.  [Moved to General Discussion by moderator]

With that said, if you read the Community Standards links posted,.it says in regards.to Adult (ignore what the Events page says)...

1. Adult Regions, Groups, and Listings

Second Life is an adult community, but "Adult" content, activity and communication are not permitted on the Second Life "mainland." Such material is permitted on private regions, or on the Adult Continent, Zindra. In either case, any Adult content, activity, or communication, that falls under our Adult Maturity Definition must be on regions designated as "Adult," and will be filtered from non-verified accounts. Other regions may be designated as either "Moderate" or "General." For more information on how to designate land, events, groups, and classified listings, please carefully read the "Maturity Definitions."

Okay clearly you don't know how SL events works because when you post an event in SL events it says you have to meet the community standards of Second Life nothing to do with regions. It has to do with what you are posting on SL events because it's a publicly accessible thing. If you don't know what we're talking about perhaps you should just observe.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Winter Silversmith said:

Okay clearly you don't know how SL events works because when you post an event in SL events it says you have to meet the community standards of Second Life nothing to do with regions. It has to do with what you are posting on SL events because it's a publicly accessible thing. If you don't know what we're talking about perhaps you should just observe.

Obviously I cannot give an example of one of the bad posts on SL events because then I would be violating the community standards duh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Winter Silversmith said:

My quote was.directly FROM the community standards and I explain what I was told a couple of years ago by a Linden.  I told them exactly what it says about events being General.  Adult content is NOT publically accessible if you are not logged in and do not have Adult content checked.

Events WITH G,M and A maturity settings...

Screenshot_20240129-184545.thumb.png.836c0a708cf0a3ea4a0fe3d436cce13f.png

Events when only General is checked...

Screenshot_20240129-184428.thumb.png.41c913003b8e5a0ee8cbc80ff75c78c1.png

• Thanks 3

And from the Maturity link above...

Classifieds and Events Tabs

New classifieds and events are filtered for maturity content. If you attempt to create a classified or event using adult terms on non-adult land, you will receive an error message. If you find a classified or event listing in an inappropriate maturity category through search, please file an abuse report.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Winter Silversmith said:

I think it's our place as members of this community to talk as neighbours

M'kay...

5 hours ago, Winter Silversmith said:

Do you not want your members to have accurate up to date information in a timely manner

I have NEVER used the "events page" ever, not once in 8 years either to announce an event or find one.

Every thread I've EVER seen about the events listings, has invariably been somebody whining about it, and their complaints invariable boil down to "why are OTHER people allowed to post events, that compete against MINE".

5 hours ago, Winter Silversmith said:

"You are only allowed to submit 15 events in a 24 hour period. Please wait and try again." While this is ridiculous to begin with, as you count a single reoccurring event against this count I am pointing out that having this for SL Events postings that I have bought and paid for is unethical.

Those restrictions, including having to PAY to list, were brought in a few years back after... Can you guess?

Yes that's right, after a bunch of whiny complaints about OTHER people being allowed to list THEIR events.

1 hour ago, Winter Silversmith said:

If you don't know what we're talking about perhaps you should just observe.

@Rowan Amore DOES know what she's talking about, she's actually READ the community standards, and ACTUALLY spoken to an ACTUAL LL staff member who gave an ACTUAL official interpretation.

YOU, on the other hand can't seem to wrap your heard around the fact that OTHER people are allowed to post events too, and that those events can be ADULT, and that if you don't want to know about them, YOU are supposed to set your maturity settings to EXCLUDE them, the default setting that YOU deliberately chose to change.

Deliberately changing your settings to deliberately show content you will be deliberately offended at so you can deliberately complain that you are deliberately offended, and demand  that other peoples listings be deliberately removed so as to deliberately leave you in sole possession of the listings system.

Yeah, good luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.