Why tho? Freebie heads.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yep.

They didn't just give away heads but basically ensured an entire ecosystem that supports their products came into being... and since everyone had a head they all wanted the makeup, the skins, the add-ons... everything. It could be argued that they've replaced the basic SL UV map, in commercial terms this is absolutely true.

Also someone who already owns a freebie Lelutka head is quite likely to be impressed enough with the product - since it is genuinely good - that they would feel a lot more comfortable dropping the $3900 or whatever it is for a different model, SL fashion being as addictive as it is.

I've been burned on expensive mesh heads before but never felt that with any Lelutka EvoX product, they're the gold standard and come without annoying bugs or anything like that.

This, 100%!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

It's charity, they want to save us from using other freebie heads and looking like this:

freebiehead.png.f351637c70c0e2b9e9ee49b1cf4a52f5.png

(Sorry, I just had to... I know it's free, but there are better free options out there)

But in all seriousness, it's a fantastic business strategy.

Boosts the number of Lelutka users, gives creators a reason to make items using the Lelutka UV maps (which in turn makes people feel like buying a Lelutka head is the only option if they want to use certain products on their avatars.) It also makes some people feel left out in case they don't have a Lelutka head, since everyone else has one - peer pressure works in their favor, and then they give those people the opportunity to switch to their brand with the Black Friday sales and the holiday gift heads.

The end result is that their brand has completely taken over the market of bento mesh heads and became the new standard for that product.

I feel bad for anyone who tries to compete with them.

I am so glad you posted that. I cringe to DEATH every time i see a genus freebie head. Same default face every single time, and even when people pull the ol' " I customized the crap out of mine. It doesn't look default "... It does. Stop kidding yoself.. LOLOL.. Genus freebies are unsavable.   At least the LeL00Tka ones are far better than genus.  x.x!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I am so glad you posted that. I cringe to DEATH every time i see a genus freebie head. Same default face every single time, and even when people pull the ol' " I customized the crap out of mine. It doesn't look default "... It does. Stop kidding yoself.. LOLOL.. Genus freebies are unsavable.   At least the LeL00Tka ones are far better than genus.  x.x!

I'm no bigger fan of those free genus clones than you are, but to be fair it's often the case with other heads too. I also tend to facepalm when someone with 100% default shaped 2016 Catya head with default skin and all those grimaces, I mean animations, turned on have a pick long rant in their profile how they've "made an effort and so should you".

It wasn't good looking in 2016 on release, and over 7 years later compared to other options, including those gift heads by Lelutka it's just... the classic/senra/free genus level of awful, except it wasn't even free. Whatever works for them, I suppose, as long as they are happy, but it sure is not pretty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

I'm no bigger fan of those free genus clones than you are, but to be fair it's often the case with other heads too. I also tend to facepalm when someone with 100% default shaped 2016 Catya head with default skin and all those grimaces, I mean animations, turned on have a pick long rant in their profile how they've "made an effort and so should you".

It wasn't good looking in 2016 on release, and over 7 years later compared to other options, including those gift heads by Lelutka it's just... the classic/senra/free genus level of awful, except it wasn't even free. Whatever works for them, I suppose, as long as they are happy, but it sure is not pretty.

When you watch the people who have their head cycling through every animation it has by default.

a28314dd44f3a19d0323cd784f6fa6c6.gif

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

For the love of tomatoes, it is not LELOOTKA, I mean, I know you love 00 Midnoot, but it's a bloody U. UUUUU. Lelutka. For tomato sake.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, PJBear Bitey said:

For the love of tomatoes, it is not LELOOTKA, I mean, I know you love 00 Midnoot, but it's a bloody U. UUUUU. Lelutka. For tomato sake.  

Le600ab9bb2ca44b18b46d85c0775ee052.pngka

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2024 at 4:30 PM, Midnoot said:

From an economical standpoint, why does lelOOtka drop freebies heads each christmas that every single account in SL and their 5 freshly created alts will have ,unconditionally,? I still don't understand it. Is it to get everyone wearing lelutka and when the stuff isn't free anymore, new people see that head and be like? WHERE COPY? * buys the head which used to be free"? Surely it's something i'm not getting.

I'd think that they're losing out on money because of the sheer volume of people who make an alt JUST to use those free heads as a way to make a gold standard avatar, then they never buy another head again. LOL.... The numbers are insanely high.

Not everyone uses a dark theme. When you post consider using a format that works for light and dark themes.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.