Is Second Life more toxic than other games in general?

AmberJoyBliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That was why I suggested fragging Zombies because the reality when we get right to it is that only a small percentage of adults are capable of dealing with their feelings as they were never taught how. If the adults don't know how then the children they raise will not have a good role model so guess what they will turn into it?

For proof one just has to look at typical sitcoms and soap operas to see what is being role modeled to the general populace.

Yeah, I have seen the slow decline of emotional inhibition and the inability or want to direct emotions into something besides destruction. 

Society goes straight to abuse and violence like they're virtues.  I think we've all seen it in this and other forums.

People are entitled to feel anything they want.  It's only an issue when anger and abuse are unleashed in the forums and directed at others. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have no issue letting it all out.  I use exercise.  Directing it at others is destructive. 

I have never tried to scream it out, though.

Yeah I agree with Janov's premise, that neurosis is caused by the repressed pain of childhood trauma...just not sure being excessively emotional is the key to getting over it. Getting in touch with it and expressing it seems good...but the primal scream people seem to take it too far.  I can't speak for all people though.

"Primal therapy is a trauma-based psychotherapy created by Arthur Janov, who argued that neurosis is caused by the repressed pain of childhood trauma".

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I AM NUMBAH ONE~!

Now, on toxicity, I could give you a phonebook's worth of examples concerning Hades.

Narcissistic, sociopathic, straight-up incel. Iunno what I ever saw in him.

*goes to preen before the mirror for a few hours, before her puny worshippers show up for temple services*

You're not my mom so you can't be #1.

Her name is Lilith.

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/eascfa/dinner_party/heritage_floor/lilith#:~:text=When she refused to return,of female independence and rebellion.

😛

15 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have no issue letting it all out.  I use exercise.  Directing it at others is destructive. 

It's (very) rare for me to do it but in those cases the stress has built to a breaking point and just letting out one loud long AAAAAAAUAUAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! does relieve a good bit of it and I feel more relaxed afterwards.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
15 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I did that at work once, and my lead reprimanded me for it.  😄

We need "primal scream rooms", where you can smash china, etc.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We need "primal scream rooms", where you can smash china, etc.

We have  "Rage Rooms" you can rent near me where you can do just that.  They supply dishes and old electronics.  You are then suited up in PPE and handed a bat.  It DOES feel good. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

We have  "Rage Rooms" you can rent near me where you can do just that.  They supply dishes and old electronics.  You are then suited up in PPE and handed a bat.  It DOES feel good. 

A lot of people first heard about these things in the 1977 Burt Reynolds movie, "Semi-Tough". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You know, it explains a lot. So many people don't have this, and can't scream at work, either.

So they make SL accounts and do it all at us. While they're supposed to be working. XD

I knew there had to be an answer!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

You know, it explains a lot. So many people don't have this, and can't scream at work, either.

So they make SL accounts and do it all at us. While they're supposed to be working. XD

I knew there had to be an answer!

Some places, screaming is normal.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.