Do land barons get a tier discount?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'll have you know I have just constructed a perfectly respectable build on a 16 sq m parcel. Why shouldn't I be allowed to build on micro parcels if i have the creativity  to do so?

Not all of us needs a 4096

toobierezz07.png

Given that your tower uses more than 7 LI then is apparent that you are paying tier for another parcel on that region. So I am not sure what the point of your post is.  Any number of people build towers on their parcels, sometimes narrower and taller for no reason other than that they can

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

Given that your tower uses more than 7 LI then is apparent that you are paying tier for another parcel on that region. So I am not sure what the point of your post is.  Any number of people build towers on their parcels, sometimes narrower and taller for no reason other than that they can

Actually a 16 sq m parcel supports 5 prims.

The point of my post is that I can do anything I want with any parcel I own as long as I obey the rules.

Prokovy wants to ban builds on small parcels, for no other reason than he doesn't like them.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
clarification

8 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

is actually 4. But if you link them can squeeze it to 7 sometimes 8

Actually, it is 5. It was 4 before they raised the prim capacity of each sim a  couple of years ago.

Linking prims doesn't turn  7 prims into 5 prims it will still be 7 prims. but if you convert a linked set of 7 prims into convex hull, you will give those 7 prims a prim count of 5, In that case converting to convex hull you could have 7 "prims" on a 16sqm parcel. But the parcel will still only support 5 regular prims.

I'm standing on my 16 sqm parcel, the about land (objects tab) says parcel land capacity is 5, parcel land impact is 76 and region capacity is 77 out of 181 (104 available)

I hope this finally clears this up for you. 😂

p.s. I think I already know your next reply, but I'll let you make it before I correct you. 😁

landcapacity.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff, then added a p.s. then fixed an error

I never checked into this closely before, just accepting that 16m² microparcels get 5 Land Impact, but I just did the math and it's kind of surprising:

m² / region 65536        
16 m² microparcels
/ region
Region Type Homestead (old Typical) Typical Boosted
/ Event
Double*
Land Impact Capacity 5000 15000 20000 30000 40000
LI / 16m² microparcel 1.22 3.66 4.88 7.32 9.77

* actually, it's more like 2048 microparcels per Double, not 40000 Land impact capacity, but it's artifice either way

Apparently it rounds the parcel capacity instead of truncating. Hence, if a "Typical" regionhad 4096 microparcels all using 5 Land Impact, it would need 20480 LI capacity instead of the 20000 it actually has. Anybody know what would actually happen?

[ETA: Can confirm that 16s in Double-prim regions get 10 LI. I rremembered I have one in Miramare that mostly watches the Luna/Dore trolleys.]

[EDIT #2: Homesteads are apparently only 5000 LI; I'd previously had them at 15,000 which in fact was the capacity of full "typical" regions historically.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I never checked into this closely before, just accepting that 16m² microparcels get 5 Land Impact, but I just did the math and it's kind of surprising:

m² / region 65536      
16 m² microparcels
/ region
Region Type Homestead Typical Boosted
/ Event
Double*
Land Impact Capacity 15000 20000 30000 40000
LI / 16m² microparcel 3.66 4.88 7.32 9.77

* actually, it's more like 2048 microparcels per Double, not 40000 Land impact capacity, but it's artifice either way

Apparently it rounds the parcel capacity instead of truncating. Hence, if a "Typical" regionhad 4096 microparcels all using 5 Land Impact, it would need 20480 LI capacity instead of the 20000 it actually has. Anybody know what would actually happen?

i don't know why they used a random number for total land capacity.

Before they raised the limit to 20,000 was the limit by chance 16,384? because that would have been 4096 times 4 prims per 16 sq m.

they should have raised the limit to the number you stated, 20,480

I'd guess that the last micro parcels would get shorted out of their capacity when the sim max capacity is reached

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff, and deleted stuff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Before they raised the limit to 20,000 was the limit by chance 16,384?

That's the thing, pretty sure it used to be 15,000, and a 16 only got 3 prims back then, so it wasn't really rounding. "Pretty sure" because 15,000 works out to 117 prims per 512, which is burned into my memory forever.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

That's the thing, pretty sure it used to be 15,000, and a 16 only got 3 prims back then, so it wasn't really rounding. "Pretty sure" because 15,000 works out to 117 prims per 512, which is burned into my memory forever.

yes thats true 117 prims for a 512.

I’m curious to know if that 480prim shortfall would only have any effect if each of the 4096 16sqm parcels were owned by a different person. The last 96 people that tried to rezz on their parcel would hit the sim limit.

I need to check it out inworld, but if you divided a larger parcel into 16 sqm plots, each would be entitled to support 5 prims, but im sure your region total would over ride that. 

Doing some calculations, a 4096 has 1250 prims, dividing that by 256 (how many 16sqm parcels in a 4096) gets us that same 4.8 prims per 16 sq m parcel.

If each micro parcel supported 5 prims that would be a total of 1280 prims.

I would guess your sim total of 1250 would block your ability to rezz prims on the last few microparcels. 

Guess i wont know for sure until i try it 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed something

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's interesting, I didn't know there were any double-prim near Luna!

Yep, all the Nova Albion regions (Barcola, Miramare, Sistiana, and Grignano) are double-prim, as are the Teen/Sharp Continent copies (Hyperion, Loki, Ni, and Hippoden).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

m² / region 65536        
16 m² microparcels
/ region
Region Type Homestead (old Typical) Typical Boosted
/ Event
Double*
Land Impact Capacity 5000 15000 20000 30000 40000
LI / 16m² microparcel 1.22 3.66 4.88 7.32 9.77

[ETA: Can confirm that 16s in Double-prim regions get 10 LI. I rremembered I have one in Miramare that mostly watches the Luna/Dore trolleys.]

[EDIT #2: Homesteads are apparently only 5000 LI; I'd previously had them at 15,000 which in fact was the capacity of full "typical" regions historically.]

Mainland sims have 22500 LI capacity, not 20000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Candide LeMay said:

Mainland sims have 22500 LI capacity, not 20000.

Oh, hmmm. The standard "full" private region is 20,000 but now that you mention it, maybe I vaguely remember that Mainland was set slightly higher.

Yep. Had a heck of a time finding it, but finally tracked it down to this 2016 announcement. Anyway, that would definitely "fix" the microparcel LI overbooking problem on Mainland, so maybe Private regions truncate LI capacity of 16 m² microparcels to 4, which would also explain why @elleevelyn used 4 earlier.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

I always thought mainland regions were 20,000 same as standard private region which is were I got 4 from.  So BilliJo is correct.  22,500 / 4096 (16m parcels) = 5.49

All I knew (from owning and using microparcels,) was land impact said 5, so as far as I was concerned, 5 it is. I could rezz 5 prims, or 7 if i made the linked set convex hull before setting it out. 😁

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

All I knew (from owning and using microparcels,) was land impact said 5, so as far as I was concerned, 5 it is. I could rezz 5 prims, or 7 if i made the linked set convex hull before setting it out. 😁

10 standard prims can be linked convex hull into 5 LI. Which is quite a lot really compared to what it used to be when prim = 1 and 16sqm used to be 3 prims and 32sqm was 7 prims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.