System/Classic boots on mesh body

Vladi Blessed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all!

I haven't been using SL for a long time and came back recently. Previously I was using classic avatar and now I changed to BoM bento mesh body and BoM bento mesh head. I managed to tweak everything and for now I am pleased with what came up. However, there is one thing that tortures me and I couldn't find an answer for this so far.

The problem is, that I have some high heels, which I have been using with no problem on my classic avatar previously. They consist of two parts, boot and base. When I put the boot on, it deforms the foot to take the shape of the boot and then applies a texture to the foot. Then I put the base with the heel and everything works and looks great. Now, when I try to put the boot part on my mesh body, the texture is applied to the foot, but it is not deformed to take the shape of the boot and looks like a normal foot with texture on it. When I put the base, it looks like I am stepping with my foot on the base and it doesn't look good at all. Am I right to think, that the boot deforms the system foot, which is hidden behind the mesh body and for this reason is not visible and that the boot cannot deform the mesh foot and only the texture is applied to the mesh through the BoM? Is there any way to overcome this behavior and use these heels with my mesh body or is it all useless?

I am talking about these heels:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Latex-Boots-Theigh-High-Zipper-Back-Stiletto-Heels/871304

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Latex-Calf-High-Zipper-Boots-6-Colour-Pack/871303

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PB-Basic-Black-Latex-Zipper-Boots/871301

This is how they look on my classic avatar:

Snapshot-001.png

And this is how they look on my mesh body:

Snapshot-002.png

I will be very thankful, If someone who has struggled with this problem, can give me some advise. Thank you! 

Edited by Vladi Blessed

10 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Vladi Blessed said:

Thank you for the answer. However, if I hide the feet, there appear holes on their places, because the boots are actually just textures, which are applied on the feet. The thing is, that the boots deform the system feet to take its shape, but are unable to do the same with the mesh feet.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around that.  Some of the older stuff can be salvaged, but not in this case.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the most easy way for yourself, is to buy/get items that are made for your specific body

I know and I already got some shoes that fit perfectly on my mesh body, but I want to find an answer to my question is there any way to fit the above mentioned boots to my mesh body, so they look normal as they look on my classic body.

The old foot base will only adjust the height your avatar is above the ground.  It has no effect on foot shape of a mesh body.  That's what the body HUD does.  Flat, middle, high poses on the feet.  Use the HUD to hide the feet if you really need to wear those old boots.  Shoes rigged to your specific body are going to look much better when you walk and sit, though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The old foot base will only adjust the height your avatar is above the ground.  It has no effect on foot shape of a mesh body.  That's what the body HUD does.  Flat, middle, high poses on the feet.  Use the HUD to hide the feet if you really need to wear those old boots.  Shoes rigged to your specific body are going to look much better when you walk and sit, though.

Thank you for the answer. However, if I hide the feet, there appear holes on their places, because the boots are actually just textures, which are applied on the feet. The thing is, that the boots deform the system feet to take its shape, but are unable to do the same with the mesh feet.

Edited by Vladi Blessed

1 hour ago, Vladi Blessed said:

Honestly, those boots are as old as dirt.  You'd be much better off finding boots rigged for you specific mesh body.  Which body are you using?

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Honestly, those boots are as old as dirt.  You'd be much better off finding boots rigged for you specific mesh body.  Which body are you using?

Yes, I know that they are very old, just didn't want to throw them away, but maybe it's time to move on ) I already got some rigged boots for my body, which fit perfectly.

I'm using Sweet's Ruth 2.0 BoM Bento Mesh Body (w. Alpha HUD), which is compatible with Maitreya shoes and clothes.

• Like 1

if you have the official Maitreya mesh body they might be salvageable with the appropriate foot shape BoM add on parts to smooth out the toe cap and a little resizing and adjusting of the prim part. I do know Maitreya feet are the most compatible with system foot shoes. these days they are so old you would be much better off with rigged to fit your body 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.