Login not working

Tcash789

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having problems with logging in to SL. As soon as it says, "Loading World," it immediately turns off. No error message or recommended message etc. Is this a connection issue when simply restarting my router could help? Please let me know what I should do 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yukiko Yeshto said:

It seems there is something going on. My friend has the same issue. No viewer login possible ("wrong password"), no dashboard login possible ("Bad Gateway 502").

Well I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I was finally able to sign into the mp but it's still giving me error messages and took me a few times to sign on. 

• Like 1

While there was a definite issue with SL logins yesterday (late on Wednesday, West Europe time), there are several other issues afflicting some accounts' ability to log in.

It frequently shows as a viewer shutdown at the "loading world" moment.

One issue is the size of some folders in the account's inventory. It need not be a particularly large inventory but its "shape".  If there are large numbers (several hundred) items in a single folder it causes sudden flood of data from the server to the client (viewer) which overwhelms the connection and the viewer simply quits.

If this is the case, the account must contact LL support with the issue.  They can and usually will "unflatten" the inventory for you.

This is only one of several possibilities but I think it is worth mentioning.

One takeaway that this issue emphasises, is that good housekeeping is really important with SL inventories.  Use subfolders and divide up your inventory.  Create your own folder trees.

I had inventory issues years ago and I learned the hard way just HOW important that action is.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens
59 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

While there was a definite issue with SL logins yesterday (late on Wednesday, West Europe time), there are several other issues afflicting some accounts' ability to log in.

A service connected to the login process had to be rolled back yesterday.  Login is restored but if anyone has ongoing failures, they should file a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.