New e-mail notification

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hadn't logged in an old account for ages.  I have a new computer since the last time I logged her in.  I received an email today from LL.  Is this something new?

Your Second Life account has been accessed from a new machine. If you recently logged in to Second Life from a new machine you may ignore this mail.

Account: xxxxxx

Time: 2023-11-07 05:46.54 SLT

Originating IP Address: xxxxxx

If this was you, you don’t need to do anything. If not, we will help you secure your account:

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000135214-what-to-do-if-your-account-has-been-compromised

Wow! That's potentially annoying but still kinda neato. If you get one of those when you haven't done anything, tell them immediately, cos that's to help you notice if someone's haxx0red your account. I mean, I hate notices and stuff myself, but if someone used my SL account (or bank card, for that matter) from some IP address in Tasmania, or a computer in their prison cell, I'd wanna know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Nope, not new. Happens when your hardware ID and/or network card MAC address changes and it's just detecting the different computer is all :)

I've logged in a couple older accounts since getting the new computer and didn't receive an email which is why I thought it was something newer.  I've also.logged in Rowan on speedlight and no email.

49 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Wow! That's potentially annoying but still kinda neato. If you get one of those when you haven't done anything, tell them immediately, cos that's to help you notice if someone's haxx0red your account. I mean, I hate notices and stuff myself, but if someone used my SL account (or bank card, for that matter) from some IP address in Tasmania, or a computer in their prison cell, I'd wanna know.

Yes, I get them from MS when I log in with my tablet or phone.  This was just the first I'd seen from LL.

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've logged in a couple older accounts since getting the new computer and didn't receive an email which is why I thought it was something newer.  I've also.logged in Rowan on speedlight and no email.

Oh I have had it every time I did.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.