Stop Free Memeberships?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think some of us paid members need to become bots and griefers, just to prove the problem doesn't rest solely with "free memberships".

Or maybe it's Lindens who are running the bots and alt griefer accounts to convince us we need to switch to paid-only accounts to boost Lab revenue.

(Is there an extension of Poe's Law, such that every ironic conspiracy theory will be taken seriously by somebody on the internet?)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Or maybe it's Lindens who are running the bots and alt griefer accounts to convince us we need to switch to paid-only accounts to boost Lab revenue.

(Is there an extension of Poe's Law, such that every ironic conspiracy theory will be taken seriously by somebody on the internet?)

I suppose it IS true that LL has the most to gain by inflating the "concurrency numbers"..

But as I explained ad nauseum in the other recent thread, I think that non-Mainland Real Estate sales will benefit also.

• Like 1

everyone in my My Motorcycle Club is free members minus 2 members, and we have talented DJ's, clothing makers, scripters, bike builders and sim builders in my Motorcycle Club that help contribute to ALOT of other people in SL with whatever they need us for. So NO, don't stop the free membership

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 2:22 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes!!

Whether the SL Memes are sailing/ocean-going or not ("Meme Ships").

"Shipping memes" could refer to "creating memes and sending them to friends", just as "shipping" is applied to FanFic, etc.

No I. wasn't. Interesting idea though. I'm actually just staring the pot to see what rises, if you'd have asked me I'd have admitted that. 😉

58 minutes ago, JonC Weatherwax said:

No I. wasn't. Interesting idea though. I'm actually just staring the pot to see what rises, if you'd have asked me I'd have admitted that. 😉

Ahah! Just a simple misspelling then of "memberships"! That was the obvious explanation, but as with any Forum post, any opportunity to have "fun" with it, like a misspelling in the title! 

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.