Treehouses

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
20 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I just freed up a hopper, who is trying to snag a nice Fantasy parcel.  3 out of the 5 parcels she got today had this issue I think I've seen mentioned here.  When the new owner tries to use the controller, it says something like: "The scripts have been reset and are currently initializing.  Please try again in few minutes".

BUT.

If you go away for 10 minutes and come back, you get the same message.

If you attempt to reset the controller yourself by holding down the  mouse button for 10 seconds, then 20 seconds, then 30 seconds, you get the same message.

Since I didn't want those parcels, I just abandoned them.  I got one of them a second time, and the controller was still borked.

@Quartz Mole, should I have filed a ticket for each of these parcels, even tho I was going to abandon them immediately?  This seems more like a problem for a JIRA, is someone already working on a fix?

We've got a fix and are waiting for it to pass QA (unfortunately, this is our busiest time of year, so QA's time is limited).

However, as I've said several times in other thread, every time I've investigated the issue, I've been able to reset the house controllers by touching them, holding down the left mouse button for 10 seconds and releasing it.    

When people IM me about it, I tell them to do that, and that I'll come over and take a look if it doesn't work, but please to try that first, and it always works for them. 

From this I conclude that 10 seconds is longer than many people think.   

If you find any more house controllers like that, ping me and, if I'm online, I'll come over and take a look with you.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ah, good!  I shan't Jira then, and also shan't bother you unless I actually want a borked parcel, and cannot reset it.  There are about 2300 Fantasy parcels available, so let's not sweat it for the few I find.

Btw, I used my trusty Multifunction Stopwatch app to time my reset attempts, having seen your comments elsewhere.  Most mysterious.

• Moles
50 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Ah, good!  I shan't Jira then, and also shan't bother you unless I actually want a borked parcel, and cannot reset it.  There are about 2300 Fantasy parcels available, so let's not sweat it for the few I find.

Btw, I used my trusty Multifunction Stopwatch app to time my reset attempts, having seen your comments elsewhere.  Most mysterious.

If you come across another one you can't restart, let me know and I'll gladly take a look.   The long touch script recognises Lindens, Moles and the parcel owner, and I can't think of why it wouldn't know who the parcel owner is, whatever problems the main script is having.   Clearly it does work for the parcel owner, at least in some cases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If anyone has a premium plus account and is looking for a fantasy tree house with a marvelous location/view, check out http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pippins Paradise/151/130/21

The front yard has the view of a lake with a double waterfall and a scenic bridge.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This ain't so pretty - but it's a functionality tweak I made for my treehouse. I got tired of 'walking off the stairs' when I walked down them:

Screenshot2023-12-01160746.thumb.png.90297362cb37435c2b263eb7f6003d22.png

So that prim, once linked into my linkset of "stuff" (in this case a small linkset of plants my alt with the fantasy home kit had access to), added nothing to my land impact.

The quirky numbers are so I could still walk under the stairs in the same spots I could beforehand.

And the default transparency in Alpha masking mode keeps it from creating 'alpha glitches':

Screenshot2023-12-01161021.png.303312081fcb864a78a1fac632729cd0.png

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 9

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2023 at 5:38 PM, Tamara Adored said:

It's still a work in progress but I decided to cover up the tree trunk with what else but waterfalls & a pond. Wherever I go, ponds & waterfalls :)

Snapshot_064.png

Sorry to bump an older thread! Could anybody tell me where to find or at least the name of the creator for this waterfall/pond? I've been wanting to design a similar waterfall off my treehouse but none of the ones I've found are looking good on my Fairyspell 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, Jadziyah Nova said:

Sorry to bump an older thread! Could anybody tell me where to find or at least the name of the creator for this waterfall/pond? I've been wanting to design a similar waterfall off my treehouse but none of the ones I've found are looking good on my Fairyspell 

Can't be sure but I'd start at "Felix 1". It's a huge multi-region landscaping shop with many different waterfall themes. The picture above looks like their style.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Landscaping by Felix01/200/206/21

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.