Question about Tilia transfer to Paypal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

as it relates to 'daily' or monthly limits. I tried to find the ducumentation can't find it anywhere, I went to transfer a large amount to my paypal it said it exceeded the daily limit, so i transfered a bit over half the amount and the next day I went to transfer the remainder then the message said it exceeded my montly limit "for my tier level" (I am a free account) Anybody  have a link to where the daily or monthly limits are talked about?

42 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

as it relates to 'daily' or monthly limits. I tried to find the ducumentation can't find it anywhere, I went to transfer a large amount to my paypal it said it exceeded the daily limit, so i transfered a bit over half the amount and the next day I went to transfer the remainder then the message said it exceeded my montly limit "for my tier level" (I am a free account) Anybody  have a link to where the daily or monthly limits are talked about?

It should be on your account page...

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

In the PAST anyway you had to put in a ticket asking to increase you cash out limits. This works if you make more per month than you are able to cash out.  If that isn't the case they may still OK since you are "old" and "stable" (just assuming). You have to jump through some hoops to do that (or you did).   

Best really to send out what you make on a regular basis if you can.   

8 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

yes it was on that link, however, no idea where that "Economic Limits" page is within the Account page (ie how to navigate to it)  

Manage under Linden Exchange on your dashboard then Billing/trading Limits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

In the PAST anyway you had to put in a ticket asking to increase you cash out limits. This works if you make more per month than you are able to cash out.  If that isn't the case they may still OK since you are "old" and "stable" (just assuming). You have to jump through some hoops to do that (or you did).   

Best really to send out what you make on a regular basis if you can.   

I pretty much 'cash out' now once a year to pay for my rl property taxes. I did put in a support ticket to see if I can get my limit raised

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

I pretty much 'cash out' now once a year to pay for my rl property taxes. I did put in a support ticket to see if I can get my limit raised

BEFORE that wasn't a good option but new owners now so good luck with that.  I haven't cashed out since Tilia. If I ever get poor enough to go against my beliefs to pay for groceries then I will have a problem LOL. 

18 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I wonder why LL limits how much money I can give them.

My guess is that it is something to do with money laundering. Keep things below $2000 and nobody looks very hard. Go higher and the money police start to show an unhealthy interest (and I don't mean 0.25% !).

In the UK, pretty well any largish sum of money that you try to pay into or out of your personal bank a/c will attract a bit of grilling; "What do you need the money for?" or "Where did the money come from?" I don't know what the trigger points are for this, but I've been asked questions like this when drawing out cash for not huge sums.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Odaks said:

My guess is that it is something to do with money laundering. Keep things below $2000 and nobody looks very hard. Go higher and the money police start to show an unhealthy interest (and I don't mean 0.25% !).

In the UK, pretty well any largish sum of money that you try to pay into or out of your personal bank a/c will attract a bit of grilling; "What do you need the money for?" or "Where did the money come from?" I don't know what the trigger points are for this, but I've been asked questions like this when drawing out cash for not huge sums.

Exactly what it is about. This is the same reason why you only pay cash at store up to a certain amount, withdraw cash up to a certain sum on a daily base or pay contactless for only 50 Euro a day (extra layer of protection against theft or loss, so your account isn't plundered in one transaction) over here in my country.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:36 AM, Avaway said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to withdraw money to a business PayPal account (not a private one)?

Yes you can but your avatar account would need to be linked to the business name and Tilia will need your business documentation, EIN etc.  You will need to contact them in advance and allow time for the checks and processing in advance. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.