Second Life News email

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

"Company with list of verified emails sometimes sends out a few but not to all' breaking news. What will they think of next?

Perhaps it's to do with how people have set their email subscriptions.  I've got mine set to 'Subscribed'.

p.s. I'm only Lady Garnet during Raglan's Mediaeval month.

SL Email.png

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 1

I may get updates occasionally and ignore them, if they're about events and destinations. This one caught my eye because the initial focus was on improvements and changes.

Related: I hadn't used the viewer this week and it installed an update this morning. The list of changes and fixes was pretty extensive!

• Like 1

They seemed to have a fair amount of information to share this time, kind of an update from status reported at SL20B back in June.

The update was posted slightly earlier to the Featured News blog, and I have this software set to notify me whenever there's a new post on that specific blog, using the "Follow" function:

Screenshot2023-09-30103626.thumb.png.29f2d6cba902093a2e9fbbd9e2819b32.png

You can then click on "Change how the notification is sent" to make it send emails or, as I do, add it to the notifications list (shown from the bell icon in the upper right corner of the window). The Featured News blog does contain frequent "Highlights" from the Destination Guide, "Spotlights" on residents of note, and other stuff that's fun but not essential developments in the platform.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

The Featured News blog does contain frequent "Highlights" from the Destination Guide, "Spotlights" on residents of note, and other stuff that's fun but not essential developments in the platform.

"Usually" I find "Featured News" to be not of interest to me. But, there are exceptions. Thanks for the reminder that you can follow it directly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

They seemed to have a fair amount of information to share this time, kind of an update from status reported at SL20B back in June.

The update was posted slightly earlier to the Featured News blog, and I have this software set to notify me whenever there's a new post on that specific blog, using the "Follow" function:

Screenshot2023-09-30103626.thumb.png.29f2d6cba902093a2e9fbbd9e2819b32.png

You can then click on "Change how the notification is sent" to make it send emails or, as I do, add it to the notifications list (shown from the bell icon in the upper right corner of the window). The Featured News blog does contain frequent "Highlights" from the Destination Guide, "Spotlights" on residents of note, and other stuff that's fun but not essential developments in the platform.

Yeah, I follow most of the blogs and specifically have the email subscription set to NO.  I get enough crap in email.  Much easier to get notifications here in the forums and read things from that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.