​😁​ What is the funniest thing you have seen in Second Life?

Carpentoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Amateurs *smh*

This was the prototype to my transwarp capable battle toilet.  Just prior to adding the transwarp drive and phasers.  Izzy linden even commented he'd never seen a better designed transwarp capable, battle toilet.

The Flying Battle Toilet.png

Need.

When I think of the funniest things I have seen in SL two things come to mind,

The first involved an ex RP romantic interest and a prank someone played on him, I was involved in the prank but didn't initiate it, The prank itself wasn't all that funny but his reaction was.

The prankster sent him an IM in SL claiming to be from the IRS and telling him he was going to be audited. He got very upset over this, blocked me and the prankster, apparently he actually thought that the IRS might actually use SL to notify him of an audit, He must have been hiding something.

The second event is more fun. A friend of mine put lots of copies of a mannequins on a platform way up in the sky, set them all to physical, then deleted the platform causing the mannequins to fall in a mannequin rain storm. You all know this person, our own @Marigold Devin

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BillFletcher said:

When I think of the funniest things I have seen in SL two things come to mind,

The first involved an ex RP romantic interest and a prank someone played on him, I was involved in the prank but didn't initiate it, The prank itself wasn't all that funny but his reaction was.

The prankster sent him an IM in SL claiming to be from the IRS and telling him he was going to be audited. He got very upset over this, blocked me and the prankster, apparently he actually thought that the IRS might actually use SL to notify him of an audit, He must have been hiding something.

The second event is more fun. A friend of mine put lots of copies of a mannequins on a platform way up in the sky, set them all to physical, then deleted the platform causing the mannequins to fall in a mannequin rain storm. You all know this person, our own @Marigold Devin

That was very definitely a "you had to be there moment" - I was lucky not to be banned from the region hahaha. 

temp laugh.jpg

I was once banned from someone's land - a friend of a friend - but not before I rezzed "pooping pigeons" that I bought from the Marketplace. I laughed at how the land owner was trying so hard to catch these pigeons, when all he needed to do - he found out later - was find my name against the list of objects and with just one click, they would all have been gone. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

One on me. Early on I learned to build houses and that was my passion. We rented on a private island at that time and the owner gave me a sandbox to build in. Several friends came by while I was building and I was trying to talk and build at the same time and somehow removed all my clothing. Finally someone told me and I was mortified. I'm telling them to turn around while I was panic going through my inventory to get clothes on. :D That was back when I'd build a hidey spot to change in because I didn't think about anyone being able to cam in, and really I was being overly modest.

One that was funny in concept but I felt horrible about later. It was back when there were a lot of griefers and male avi's would constantly proposition any female av. I lived on mainland then so it was annoying. So I built a clear box, set it about 10 meters up, made a TP that said Free Sex and waited. Until a newb female clicked on it and panicked not knowing how to get out and she had to log off. I felt so bad I took down the prank box and TP.

Just about the time that Linden Labs did something about the griefers, I got fed up and got a freebie giant ***** and thought next time I'm harassed I'll attach it and say "That's not a *****, THIS is a *****"
. Sigh, I never got the chance, but I keep that stupid thing in my inventory to this day.

Thanks for this thread and the old memories.

PS. Looks like we can't refer to male junk here. In proper terms. Oops and LOL.

Edited by Puck Rickenbacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

The funniest accidentally funny thing I did was to turn a megaprim sky platform physical. It fell out of the sky into the goth club next to my land.

Exploding mannequins can be funny too. When I was peeved at my BF, who was into a Bloodlines clan, I put a vampire cape and fangs on an exploding "Philip" mannequin, then fired at it with a pumpkin catapult. 

Later, when we were no longer romantically involved, he would still come into SL, sometimes on mobile. One time I set my wolf to push him out of my parcel while he was chatting with me. He couldn't see any of this, but I watched his avatar get pushed out of my parcel while we chatted.

Removing platforms or making them phantom can also be alot of fun. I once dropped physical Easter eggs with prizes in them all over a sandbox sim this way. Some of them were subtly name things like "rat", "snake", and "weasel" because I wanted to send a message to my soon to be ex SL BF who owed me money and who had tried (ridiculously) to blackmail me with NSFW pictures of my avatar with an alien plant. 😆 

I imagine one could have a party on a platform with physical exploding sheep and physical exploding mannequins. Then make it phantom and teleport to ground level to watch the ensuing chaos. 🐑 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I imagine one could have a party on a platform with physical exploding sheep and physical exploding mannequins. Then make it phantom and teleport to ground level to watch the ensuing chaos. 🐑 

I think you should try this (and invite the forum) 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One time I was dancing at Sexy Nude Beach when OUT OF NOWHERE a guy dressed as Naruto driving a Lamborghini came flying across the dance floor and my screen. It is the single most random thing I've ever seen in SL, and I was crying laughing for like 5 minutes after it happened.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Missy Starchild said:

One time I was dancing at Sexy Nude Beach when a guy dressed as Naruto driving a Lamborghini came flying across the dance floor and my screen. It is the single most random thing I've ever seen in SL, and I was crying laughing for like 5 minutes after it happened.

Believe it! Haha! Too funny xD!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.